Wiki Posts
Search

MR is business class

Search this Thread

Old Sep 27, 2007, 5:26 pm
Original Poster

Programs: CO Pt, UA P
MR is business class

Anyone seen any reasonable BF deals to asia/ far east on SkyTeam ?

The CO BF sale to Europe is a great deal. Wondered if there is anything to the far east.
Old Sep 27, 2007, 5:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Are you really looking for a mileage run or just a good deal to fly somewhere? I'm willing to bet that none of CO's BF fares, even during a sale, are reasonable mileage-runnable.
Old Sep 27, 2007, 5:42 pm

Programs: HH Gold, Alaska MVP Gold
MR's in business class seem to be few and far between..but when they come up, they appear to be very good deals for what you get. case in point is UA's C class (Z fare bucket) sale to europe..i have one booked for december that'll get me a boatload of EQMs and all in the (relative) comfort of C
Old Sep 27, 2007, 5:48 pm

Programs: AA EXP
For CO I'm not as sure... but one thing to do is look to do your runs ex-Asia.

ex-TPE has some reasonable fares because of BR and CI (although you have to watch for BR's old business class, which is like domestic F with footrests)

To the West Coast you can get J for ~$2200, and that's a flexible ticket so you can adjust your "retturn" as needed.

Steve
Old Sep 27, 2007, 6:15 pm

Even with the BF sale it's not a good "mileage run" per say as the sale books into the R fare bucket for 100% RDM, 150% EQM (plus whatever Elite bonus you get) vs. J which would give you 150% RDMs as well.

However, for a reasonably priced fare and a good travelling experience to an interesting location it's not a bad deal.
Old Sep 27, 2007, 6:24 pm

Programs: CO Plat (thanks to FT), UA 1P, AA
Even though there is not a lot of activity in it lately, there is this thread about premium good deals.

Hope this helps!
Old Sep 27, 2007, 8:18 pm

Programs: UA Premier Exec, SPG Gold
Question for UCBeau

UCBeau, what type of Z fare on United did you get for December if you do not mind please and destination(s)? I am looking to do some biz travel to Europe and have not seen much.
Old Sep 28, 2007, 12:22 am

Originally Posted by Milesanderson
UCBeau, what type of Z fare on United did you get for December if you do not mind please and destination(s)? I am looking to do some biz travel to Europe and have not seen much.
i got a great Z fare SFO-ZRH, via IAD, probably on one of the 767's with the new C seats, for december 27/28, but it priced out 25-26, 26-27, etc. my routing is as such:
SAN-SFO-IAD-ZRH-FRA-SFO-SAN
all in F/C on UA/LH metal
Old Sep 28, 2007, 7:39 am

Programs: UA Premier Exec, SPG Gold
Thanks UCBeau!
Old Sep 28, 2007, 7:52 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA gold, A3 gold
Originally Posted by UCBeau
i got a great Z fare SFO-ZRH, via IAD, probably on one of the 767's with the new C seats, for december 27/28, but it priced out 25-26, 26-27, etc. my routing is as such:
SAN-SFO-IAD-ZRH-FRA-SFO-SAN
all in F/C on UA/LH metal
I doubt the new seats will be in place by then...
Old Sep 28, 2007, 9:39 am

Originally Posted by iloveipods
I doubt the new seats will be in place by then...
i don't
Old Sep 28, 2007, 9:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Silver going for Gold
A few years ago, CO had a very short-lived MSP-HKG fare. MSP-EWR-HKG is certainly a nice routing. Currently, there's a ZRXHOL fare being offered by NW (see that forum) but it isn't the bargain it was 3 or more years ago. Works out to about a dme per EQM which isn't great. LAX and SFO are the cheapest gateways at approx. $2600 a/i. Routing with most miles would be LAX-SEA-HNL-NRT-SIN.
Old Sep 28, 2007, 10:33 am

Programs: UA-Platimum 2 MM, HH-Gold, MR-Lifetime Gold, Hyatt-Discoverist
Not sure what you are looking to spend, but I've gotten a couple of CO H fares EWR-HKG for around $1600 with 150% EQM. That coupled with using miles for a r/t upgrade (and getting it ), makes for a comfortable MR in my book netting approximately 25,000 EQM's.
Old Oct 2, 2007, 10:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold, 1 MM
Do any SkyTeam partners fly into Sri Lanka? If so, consider something ex-CMB
Old Oct 2, 2007, 11:20 pm

Programs: BD Gold (and future SEN), 0.2MM AA EXP, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by UCBeau
i don't
UA will only have 1 763 reconfigured at that time, and while it is supposed to run on IAD-FRA and IAD-ZRH on alternating days, there's nothing that guarantees it won't get swapped. Not to mention you could fly on a day it goes to Frankfurt instead.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.