Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Just booked first MR

Search this Thread

Old Sep 20, 2007, 9:44 pm
Original Poster

Just booked first MR

US SNA-LAS-PHL-BWI-CLT-PHX-SNA, 9/25-26. Should clock in at 5950 miles.

CPM is not super great (4c/mi. w/o bonuses) but I was motivated to do this by the fact that a) this will push me into Premier status, and b) this will also push me over the 50K balance threshold, which will turn into a European vacation at some point. This itinerary also works well with my current schedule.

Looking forward to seeing what this whole mileage run thing is all about. Going to pack a lot of reading material, I can tell you that much...
Old Sep 20, 2007, 11:09 pm

Programs: United 1kMM; AA EX Plat, Hilton Diamond and SPG Plat
Congrats welcoms to FT . I magine that you'll become hooked like me. I can't go a few hours w/o looking at the site just to see if anything new has been posted.

MRS. Karadi thinks I'm nuts, but she does appreciate the fact that I'm getting all these miles so we can fly in F on our next trip to India next year
Old Sep 21, 2007, 11:47 am

Programs: King of Rental Cars, BA Gold, Virgin Gold, AA MM Gold, A3 Gold, SK Gold, Hotel SuperElite
Originally Posted by superg
b) this will also push me over the 50K balance threshold, which will turn into a European vacation at some point.
Its only 35k for off-peak Y travel to Europe and 60k in Envoy. See the off peak award travel chart for details and further discussions can be found in my thread in the US Airways forum.
Old Sep 21, 2007, 2:24 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Mrp Alert
Its only 35k for off-peak Y travel to Europe and 60k in Envoy. See the off peak award travel chart for details and further discussions can be found in my thread in the US Airways forum.
I'm a member of Mileage Plus, not Dividend Miles, which I believe prevents me from using that. I called US Airways and asked about whether I could use miles from another *A airline to make these reservations and they said no dice...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.