Wiki Posts
Search

Star Alliance MR from PEK?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 11, 2007, 12:51 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K
Star Alliance MR from PEK?

I'm shooting for UA 1K this year and I'm gonna need a little extra. I'm living in Beijing for a few months and was hoping to sneak in an MR out of PEK. I guess that means Thai, Singapore, ANA or Asiana. But I have very little experience with those airlines. Any suggestions on good routings?

Thanks...

djd
Old Aug 11, 2007, 9:41 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by djdevvydev
I'm shooting for UA 1K this year and I'm gonna need a little extra. I'm living in Beijing for a few months and was hoping to sneak in an MR out of PEK. I guess that means Thai, Singapore, ANA or Asiana. But I have very little experience with those airlines. Any suggestions on good routings?

Thanks...

djd
SQ works reasonably well.
Old Aug 11, 2007, 9:53 pm

Programs: AA Gold, IHG & Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold
Airfares to/from China tend to be high. See if you can get a ticket domestically (in China) rather than through international reservations.

One strategy, if you're having difficulty finding something, is to try to get out of China as quickly as possible in order to get a more favorable fare. That might be Asiana to Seoul, for example. Thai can sometimes have low fares to Bangkok.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.