Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

AA Fares and FareCompare (Old Title: AA Just Posted Huge International Fare Sale)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AA Fares and FareCompare (Old Title: AA Just Posted Huge International Fare Sale)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 7, 2007, 12:23 pm

Programs: UA Premier 1K: PlAAtinum; DL SM, MM; Marriott Gold; CO Plat Emeritus; NW Plat Emeritus
Originally Posted by im-headed-west
No need to be confused. AA 278+, WAS-LON, on FC. Plain as day.
Ah, I see it. My bad. Had to specify AA -- silly me, I just assumed it would be the lowest on "all airlines." It ain't.
Old Aug 7, 2007, 12:44 pm

Programs: Former UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by UnitedSkies
AA just matched UA's new worldwide fall sale, that's all.
FYI - When I sort by PPM on FC the first 20-30 listings are from AA (FLL,MIA,PBI). I wish you were correct. In fact I wish United would have some sales to South America (limited service ) or Asia.

Explore
Old Aug 7, 2007, 12:49 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AS MPVG
Originally Posted by rosj
The problem is that the YQ/YR feed is related to itineraries and not airfares.

The rules might say if you transit through Tokyo the fuel surcharge is $X and if not the surcharge is $Y.

The fare may be applicable on both routings, so which fuel surcharge should we apply.

rosj
Would one option be to calculate the max-min surcharges and then post a range on FC? So the fare could be reported as XXX-YYY: $min-$max. I can see how that might be confusing to some, so perhaps this is an option for a future "expert mode"? This would avoid having to construct some average of the various routes (or exclude the surcharges altogether) but at the same time give a better sense of the all-in price. In any case, thanks for all the hard work.
Old Aug 7, 2007, 1:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1P 1MM, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by Alpha Golf
Ah, I see it. My bad. Had to specify AA -- silly me, I just assumed it would be the lowest on "all airlines." It ain't.
On FC AA has the lowest fare to LON from WAS. What are you seeing ? Who's lower and what's the fare ?
Old Aug 7, 2007, 1:32 pm

Programs: AA GLD
Question Bos-cdg?

What about BOS to Paris or other places in France?

I have been waiting for a sale like this from AA because I did not want to fly Iberia and only get 30% mileage.

Thanks,

Motif1
Old Aug 7, 2007, 1:32 pm

Programs: UA Premier 1K: PlAAtinum; DL SM, MM; Marriott Gold; CO Plat Emeritus; NW Plat Emeritus
Originally Posted by im-headed-west
On FC AA has the lowest fare to LON from WAS. What are you seeing ? Who's lower and what's the fare ?
[/I]
I'm seeing lower base fare on AA, but higher total. (Disclaimer - I'm not a FC pro). I see

All:

Aug $410 total $717
Sep $412 total $688
Oct $398 total $558
Nov $352 total $529
Dec $352 total $529 etc..

AA:
Aug $461 total $748
Sep $461 total $748
Oct $278 total $565
Nov $278 total $565
Dec $278 total $565

Lower seem to be varied: UA/AC/IB...
Old Aug 7, 2007, 1:48 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvatantage Platinum (using Platinum challenge and 2 MRs)
FYI The issue is a Gap in YQ/YR effective dates

After further review the issue was related to the effective discontinue dates of the Fuel Surcharge Records.

The discontinue date is yesterday and the new effective date is tomorrow. Leaving a gap of today with no surcharges.

I will confirm this when they load it this afternoon.

----
rosj
Old Aug 7, 2007, 1:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Platinum MM; DL Silver; IHG Diamond Ambassador; Hilton Gold; Marriott Gold
I was about to kick myself for passing on the expedite option for my passport renewal, but then I saw that the "+" is "huge," as SchmutzigMSP notes.

Darn fuel surcharges!

Thanks for the head's up anyway, rosj. Keep up the great work. ^
Old Aug 7, 2007, 1:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Platinum MM; DL Silver; IHG Diamond Ambassador; Hilton Gold; Marriott Gold
The discontinue date is yesterday and the new effective date is tomorrow. Leaving a gap of today with no surcharges.
Does that mean that bookings made today will avoid the fuel surcharge? Probably just wishful thinking, right?
Old Aug 7, 2007, 1:51 pm

Programs: UA Silver, AA, WN, DL
Rosj, thanks anyway. I did start salivating when I first saw the title of your post. I was thinking of another fun day of booking tickets somewhere.

Greatly appreciated! ^
Old Aug 7, 2007, 2:21 pm

Programs: LH, A3, DL, UA, LAN
My intent was to alert people that something interesting was happening.

----
rosj
Thanks rosj, we all appreciate your alerts! ^
Old Aug 7, 2007, 2:23 pm
Original Poster

Not Sure I Want to Confirm they will have an Fuel Surcharge Gap

Originally Posted by SAT Lawyer
Does that mean that bookings made today will avoid the fuel surcharge? Probably just wishful thinking, right?
I'll let you know shortly if the 1 day gap is going to show up on purchasing sites.

---
rosj
Old Aug 7, 2007, 4:13 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium
Rosj, thanks for all you do. We've had high fares and full planes all summer, and we are chomping at the bit to book some low fares. In our anxiousness, perhaps we are rude and pushy. Please know how thankful we are for all that you have already done since the first day you posted on FT, and thanks for what you are doing today.

And I AM ready for some great fares... but it sounds like AA just found a way to make "+" bigger, and it may net out to mediocre fares...
Old Aug 7, 2007, 4:24 pm
Original Poster

After Checking 3 sources it looks like they are not going to price out the Gap

Looks like the GDS are going to allow the 1 day gap and price the old surcharge in.

Our system recognized the gap, but it looks like at least Worldspan is allowing the old fuel surcharges to span until the new ones go in effect tomorrow.

New ones were filed at 11:00am today (5 filings a day) for international fares and YQ/YR surcharges.

Bummer ...

----

rosj

Last edited by rosj; Aug 7, 2007 at 4:35 pm
Old Aug 7, 2007, 5:39 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Any good Buz/First fares in there?

Steve

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.