Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE] Wickedly Low Biz Class Fare from YYZ to LCA (Cyprus) on AZ (Alitalia)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[FARE GONE] Wickedly Low Biz Class Fare from YYZ to LCA (Cyprus) on AZ (Alitalia)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 23, 2006, 2:32 pm

Programs: big pimpin'
and i heard that yyz-mxp would be upgraded to the new magnifica this winter *fingers-crossed*

Originally Posted by bostonbali
Really? This is news to me. I thought that FCO-YYZ was served by a 764, with the upgraded Magnifica class (newer seats, DigiPlayers, etc). Is it possible that they used old equipment the day you were traveling?
Old Jul 23, 2006, 3:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Silver going for Gold
Originally Posted by arfgoblue
and i heard that yyz-mxp would be upgraded to the new magnifica this winter *fingers-crossed*
I think I read somewhere else that further new Magnifica upgrades to 767s had been out on hold.
Old Jul 23, 2006, 5:14 pm

Programs: BA GGL; AA LT Gold; AS 100K; DL MM GM; Hyatt G*list, Hilton Diamond; SQ silver
Even though my trip ended 2 weeks ago, the saga is not over and some of my luggage is still on travel...
Old Jul 23, 2006, 5:18 pm

Programs: Delta
Originally Posted by aly
Thanks for your report; i tried to access the kitionhotels link but wasnt working for me, anyone else have this problem..?
Sorry I was a little tired, I transposed the web address with the e-mail address. Try www.kitionhotel.com.cy
Old Jul 23, 2006, 5:23 pm

Programs: Delta
Originally Posted by bostonbali
Really? This is news to me. I thought that FCO-YYZ was served by a 764, with the upgraded Magnifica class (newer seats, DigiPlayers, etc). Is it possible that they used old equipment the day you were traveling?

I agree, they must have used the 762 for my FCO-YYZ even though it was schedueled for the 764. Unfortunatly there is nothing on my boarding pass stub to confirm that and I didn't pay attention while I was on the plane . Either way I found the seating to be just fine.
Old Jul 23, 2006, 5:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Originally Posted by DeltaFlyingProf
Even though my trip ended 2 weeks ago, the saga is not over and some of my luggage is still on travel...
The luggage with the beer is still missing, right? Might I suggest that it was contributed to the World Cup victory celebration?
Old Jul 23, 2006, 5:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Overbooking hotels/cars?

I don't know if any of the refugees from Lebanon will cause any overbooking in Cyprus. As a Hilton Diamond, I'm pretty certain of those bookings, but not so sure about the Hertz operator in Cyprus. I have a confirmed res, but as it's not a corporate location, you know how that can go some days.
Old Jul 23, 2006, 6:01 pm
aly

Smile super...

Originally Posted by Seattle Flyer
Sorry I was a little tired, I transposed the web address with the e-mail address. Try www.kitionhotel.com.cy
a thousand thanks mate..!!
Old Jul 24, 2006, 8:04 am

Programs: LH SEN; BA Gold, AF Plat and other minors
Hi,

I am looking for my first trip to Cyprus...and I have to change date on my ticket. I would like to fly this week....but Nicolo is in vacation.

who I should contact to make the change this week?

Thanks for your help,

aad665

Originally Posted by aad665
Hi,

SOL = ?

No...I didn't check. How can check it? I don't have KVS available.

Thanks for your help,

aad665
Old Jul 24, 2006, 12:28 pm
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
Hi,

I am looking for my first trip to Cyprus...and I have to change date on my ticket. I would like to fly this week....but Nicolo is in vacation.

Thanks for your help,

aad665
Originally Posted by post4, beaubo
UPDATED INFO FROM NICOLO FRIDAY, JULY 10--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

July 10, 2006

Dear Flyer Talk members,

I would like to inform everyone that I will out of the office starting Friday, July 14th, 2006 and will return on Monday, July 31st, 2006. For any date changes contact me at 212-903-3571 before Friday, otherwise please wait upon my return date. Kindly do not send tickets to be reissued while I am absent. During my vacation period no office will be authorized to process date changes (AZ call center and/or Toronto Airport).

In case you need to postpone your travel date. Contact Internet Company you made reservation and cancel booking. Once canceled, you can send me an e-mail notifying me cancellation. Include in your e-mail:

Last / first name

Date of travel

Flight numbers

Please no record locators as many of you have an internet record locator not an AZ. No ticket numbers either. The above information is substantial. Please, DO NOT send e-mails requesting booking changes. All date changes must be done over the phone with me.

PS: For those of you who are in Italy now, it is a great time to celebrate the “World Cup” victory. Buon Divertimento! (Have Fun!)

Cordially,

Nicolo` Cimilluca

Tariffs Analyst

350 Fifth Avenue

Suite 3700

New York, NY 10118

Tel: 212-903-3571
Sorry, it looks like that is not possible.
Old Jul 24, 2006, 12:57 pm

I am currently in the Air Canada Lounge awaiting departure. No problems with anything so far. At check-in there was a friendly lady who did not even mention the fare and gave us directions to the lounge without us even having to ask. The lounge was almost empty until just a few minutes ago. Free WiFi or computers with internet access available. Salad, soup, cookies, general munchies available along with usual wine, alcohol and other beverages. Overall very pleasant place to await a flight.
Old Jul 24, 2006, 1:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Hi,

Thanks for your help,

aad665
You might get Mr. Pepe in Canada to do something for you, but don't you think cutting it this close is a bit foolhardy?
Old Jul 24, 2006, 2:22 pm

Programs: AA-Plat, UA Prem Ex, Delta Gold, SPG-Gold, Priority Club-Gold
question

Hello
Has anyone been successful in (a) dropping Cyprus out of itinerary due to their position as loading port for war... and or (b) having a second change of date due to the above.
Mr Pepe was extremely unhelpful and said there was "nothing out of the ordinary" going on in Cyprus right now!!!! Having thousands of war refugees on the island seems to be slightly out of the ordinary to me!
I may just use the ticket one way into Italy and get a cheap fare back to US.
Thoughts on changes???
Old Jul 24, 2006, 2:51 pm

Originally Posted by Jaimito Cartero
You might get Mr. Pepe in Canada to do something for you, but don't you think cutting it this close is a bit foolhardy?
Hi,

hum..not really.

One of my best friend in Europe in now deeply ill and I have to go by Friday by anymean.

2 choices: change AZ ticket or buy a 1900$ ticket with AC/LH.

What you will do? easy saving with AZ.

aad665
Old Jul 24, 2006, 2:54 pm

Originally Posted by angus1999
Hello
Has anyone been successful in (a) dropping Cyprus out of itinerary due to their position as loading port for war... and or (b) having a second change of date due to the above.
Mr Pepe was extremely unhelpful and said there was "nothing out of the ordinary" going on in Cyprus right now!!!! Having thousands of war refugees on the island seems to be slightly out of the ordinary to me!
I may just use the ticket one way into Italy and get a cheap fare back to US.
Thoughts on changes???
Pepe is right. Situation is calm and nothing as usual in Cyprus. For you information, Canada has the largest expat in Lebanon (around 50,000) and evacuation is going via Turkey, same as other country.

But due to my situation, I would like to drop Cyprus for the moment and stop to Milan or Rome.

aad665

aad665

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.