Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE] Wickedly Low Biz Class Fare from YYZ to LCA (Cyprus) on AZ (Alitalia)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[FARE GONE] Wickedly Low Biz Class Fare from YYZ to LCA (Cyprus) on AZ (Alitalia)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 22, 2006, 9:31 am

Programs: AA 0.4MM, BA G, LH SEN,TK S, HH Dia, Sixt Plat, Hertz Gold, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by aad665
Hi,

SOL = ?

No...I didn't check. How can check it? I don't have KVS available.

Thanks for your help,

aad665
http://flyaow.com/classcwtmulti.htm

I used to use this...but itdoesn't seem to be working now.

try www.tandt.com
Old Jul 22, 2006, 9:32 am

Programs: Delta
Short Trip Summary

Mrs. Seattle Flyer and I traveled through Ireland, England, France, Spain, Morocco, Italy, and Cyprus. (Canada really doesn't count!)

If getting stickered in YYZ the ticket counter opens sometime between 1:00pm and 1:30pm or when ever they feel like showing up!

Seats for YYZ-MXP and FCO-YYZ were in row 1
The audio and electronics were the same quality in row 1 for both the left and right side of the aircraft. I would recommend row 1, the extra leg room, nobody leaning back into your space, first meal service, and the small flat panel screen on the bulkhead make row 1 preferable to me.

As noted earlier the MXP-FCO flight is full of dead-headers and F class receives no more service then couch.

The lounges from best to worst were YYZ, FCO, MXP.
YYZ has free internet access with computers and copiers
MXP's entrance door looks like a freight elevator
FCO was nice and clean but nothing to eat

We were in LCA from 7/16-7/20 and other then the airport being a little crowded the only signs of the Israel / Lebanon conflict was 3 or 4 battle ships just outside the Larnaca port. Otherwise Cyprus was a lot like Florida with a UK flare (UK power outlets). The biggest concern you should have in Cyprus is how even you sun tan/burn is and your biggest decision should be what you're going to eat (everything's good)!

If you dive don't miss the Zenobia I used Alpha-divers www.alpha-divers.com
Each dive was 24 CYP and full equipment for the day was 14 CYP. This outfit is ran by Bart and Chris and is an excellent choice if you like smaller dive groups.

Viking is another dive operator that is cheaper 2 dives with full equipment was 46 CYP but when I saw their boat go out it had 20-30 divers. I like to save money but dive trips like that are like standing room only on a CRJ-xxx, no thanks!

Agia Napa is "the beach" in Cyprus and is Northeast of Larnaca 30~45min drive.

We stayed at the Kition hotel apartments www.kitionhotel.com.cy a studio with kitchen and bathroom was 25 CYP. Right next to a Chinese food restaurant with take-out and a short walk to the beach where there are lots of restaurants and fast food (KFC, Pizza Hut, and McDonalds - the Greek Mac is really good).

MILES

I credited my miles to DL and have received credit for:

YYZ-MXP (D) posted 6/19
MXP-FCO (D) posted 7/16
FCO-LCA (Y) posted 7/16 (with 150% bonus)
LCA-FCO (Y) not yet posted 7/20
FCO-YYZ (D) posted 7/21

Maybe not so short but I hope this helps someone!

Last edited by Seattle Flyer; Jan 17, 2007 at 2:43 am
Old Jul 22, 2006, 6:36 pm
Suspended

Programs: Continental Gold Elite, United Premier Executive
Originally Posted by Seattle Flyer
Seats for YYZ-MXP and FCO-YYZ were in row 1
The audio and electronics were the same quality in row 1 for both the left and right side of the aircraft. I would recommend row 1, the extra leg room, nobody leaning back into your space, first meal service, and the small flat panel screen on the bulkhead make row 1 preferable to me.
So you recommend Row 1 for both the old and new Magnifica cabins?
Old Jul 22, 2006, 9:54 pm

Dress Code in Magnifica Class??

I just wanted to know how other people dressed for the flights from YYZ-FCO and if jeans are ok to wear.
Old Jul 22, 2006, 9:58 pm

Programs: AA 0.4MM, BA G, LH SEN,TK S, HH Dia, Sixt Plat, Hertz Gold, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by adam34space
I just wanted to know how other people dressed for the flights from YYZ-FCO and if jeans are ok to wear.

Jeans are perfect...maybe you are expecting a bit too much from AZ business class!
Old Jul 22, 2006, 9:59 pm

Programs: CO Platinum, Hyatt Platinum
I wore jeans and a sport jacket.
Old Jul 23, 2006, 3:20 am

Originally Posted by HeathrowGuy
So you recommend Row 1 for both the old and new Magnifica cabins?

Both flights YYZ-MXP and FCO-YYZ were in the same cabins, the old cabins I believe.
Old Jul 23, 2006, 3:23 am

Programs: AF/KLM Plat For Life/UA Million Miler-PremEx For Life/SPG Gold
Per AZ's recently updated website, Business Class attire has been officially declared- 'clothing optional'. Anyone flying YYZ-MXP on Oct 4 will be in for a real treat!!!

www.alitalia.com/justkidding
Old Jul 23, 2006, 3:26 am

There were no suits on either of my transatlantic flights. It is around an 8 to 9 hour flight, dress comfortable and you'll fit right in with everyone else.
Old Jul 23, 2006, 10:48 am
Suspended

i plan on going in shorts and flip flops. so, yes, jeans are okay.
Old Jul 23, 2006, 11:26 am
Suspended

Jeans is ok. I hardly ever saw some leisure travelers in the front of the planes with non-casual clothes. @:-) Enjoy your flight
Old Jul 23, 2006, 11:27 am
aly

We stayed at the Kition hotel apartments [email protected] a studio with kitchen and bathroom was 25 CYP. Right next to a Chinese food restaurant with take-out and a short walk to the beach where there are lots of restaurants and fast food (KFC, Pizza Hut, and McDonalds - the Greek Mac is really good).
Thanks for your report; i tried to access the kitionhotels link but wasnt working for me, anyone else have this problem..?
Old Jul 23, 2006, 11:49 am

Try this:
http://www.kitionhotel.com.cy/indexx.htm
Old Jul 23, 2006, 12:19 pm

Programs: big pimpin'
FCO-LCA (Y) posted 7/16 (with 150% bonus)
150% for y?
Old Jul 23, 2006, 2:25 pm

Programs: AS: 75K; DL/NW: Plat; DL SC: Lifetime; Hyatt: Diamond; HH: Gold; SPG: Plat;
Both flights YYZ-MXP and FCO-YYZ were in the same cabins, the old cabins I believe.
Really? This is news to me. I thought that FCO-YYZ was served by a 764, with the upgraded Magnifica class (newer seats, DigiPlayers, etc). Is it possible that they used old equipment the day you were traveling?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.