Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE] Wickedly Low Biz Class Fare from YYZ to LCA (Cyprus) on AZ (Alitalia)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[FARE GONE] Wickedly Low Biz Class Fare from YYZ to LCA (Cyprus) on AZ (Alitalia)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 5, 2006, 11:09 am

got my ticket. thanks rosj!
Old Apr 5, 2006, 11:10 am

Programs: AA Gold, Delta Platinum, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat, AVIS Preferred, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by GUWonder
I have no reason to believe that my tickets -- i.e., with ticket numbers -- won't be honored by AZ. In the past 15 months, I've had good experiences with AZ.

I'm sure that will be the case as well, however, Im sure the question will be brought up inevitably.
Old Apr 5, 2006, 11:10 am
Suspended

Programs: Continental Gold Elite, United Premier Executive
But the thing is, we're not talking about Y seats here - if several hundred J seats are involved, it will pose a MAJOR revenue problem for AZ. Mama mia!
Old Apr 5, 2006, 11:11 am

Programs: SPG LT Plat, Hilton G,Priorty Club G, AC E
Me too...ticketed and i live in YYZ!!!!!

...no extra flight for me...total cost for me and the missus $432.80 in J....wooo hooo...now can someone tell me what do do in Cypress?? Ive got 8 days there

Programs: SPG Titanium, United Premier 1K
Originally Posted by mtacchi
ticket # arrived for one I booked 30 minutes ago
According to rules.. no charge from the airline to change tickets but $50 for changes from Cheaptickets ... no biggie except that it has to be re-priced or follow the same routing... which means YYZ-ORD-FCO-MXP-LCA on the outbound for me... return is much better: LCA - MXP (2 night stopover) - EWR (this is wher emy journey ends) - YYZ.

Good news is that tickets have been shipped!!

Now to find a cheap one way to YYZ...

Last edited by PrivatePilot; Apr 5, 2006 at 2:53 pm

I just booked on Orbitz, End of September, Early October 2006. I originally tried a return on a Monday, but it wasn't there. Changed it to Tuesday, and it was there. $218 All in. Also need to make sure you choose "Business Class" under "more Options".
Old Apr 5, 2006, 11:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton Gold, BA Gold
BOOKED on cheaptickets.com
Old Apr 5, 2006, 11:13 am

Programs: Hilton gold
Thanks Schmutzig MSP and also thanks again to the OP
Old Apr 5, 2006, 11:14 am
In Memoriam

Programs: CO OnePass Plat and SPG - Plat, Marriott Plat (don't use -it's a comp), AmericaWest CP
Originally Posted by HomerJ
...no extra flight for me...total cost for me and the missus $432.80 in J....wooo hooo...now can someone tell me what do do in Cypress?? Ive got 8 days there
Stay at the Le Meridian

-Vincent
Old Apr 5, 2006, 11:14 am

Programs: AA Plat, and about everything else
Update on my

"Your CheapTickets flight reservation could not be confirmed by Alitalia and has
been cancelled. Your credit card will not be charged for this reservation.

To book an alternate flight, please return to http://www.cheaptickets.com

Thank you,
CheapTickets Customer Support
just click. you're there. (SM)
http://www.cheaptickets.com"
email:

I followed the link, re-enterend the same travel dates (switching fro AC to AA for the first leg) priced out $42 less, took all the info and confirmed the request.
Ten minutes later, the phone rang fron Cheaptickets, verifying the mailing address (it's a confusing one for a UPS delivery), we switched the delivery over to US Mail and was told that Tix #'s would be entered right after we hung up. Very nice, quick response I thought.
With-in the next ten minutes, she calls back (OH NO!!!) but confirms that they, indeed cannot ship UPS and will be sending it overnight and she has reduced the shipping costs billed as a result.
Old Apr 5, 2006, 11:16 am

Originally Posted by justind
Update on my

"Your CheapTickets flight reservation could not be confirmed by Alitalia and has
been cancelled. Your credit card will not be charged for this reservation.

To book an alternate flight, please return to http://www.cheaptickets.com

Thank you,
CheapTickets Customer Support
just click. you're there. (SM)
http://www.cheaptickets.com"
email:

I followed the link, re-enterend the same travel dates (switching fro AC to AA for the first leg) priced out $42 less, took all the info and confirmed the request.
Ten minutes later, the phone rang fron Cheaptickets, verifying the mailing address (it's a confusing one for a UPS delivery), we switched the delivery over to US Mail and was told that Tix #'s would be entered right after we hung up. Very nice, quick response I thought.
With-in the next ten minutes, she calls back (OH NO!!!) but confirms that they, indeed cannot ship UPS and will be sending it overnight and she has reduced the shipping costs billed as a result.
Dang, not bad at all.
Old Apr 5, 2006, 11:16 am

Programs: Free checked in bag on UA & DL. Free icecream at Marriott checkin.
Well...Now to hope that Alitalia does not go on one of its famous strikes nor out of business. I am sure it will not go out of business, but strikes...c'mon it is summer, they need paid vacation!
Old Apr 5, 2006, 11:17 am

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, EK Gold, SPG Plat
Leaving YYZ Sept 11
Returning from LCA Sept 13

One night in Cyprus and a few nights in Toronto for me
Old Apr 5, 2006, 11:17 am

This is just great! I needed to go there (Cyprus) anyway!

Is it 100% sure I will get the tickets after the tickets numbers were assigned?
Is it possible to change seats to seat together??

Did everybody got an overnight stopover in Milan? Or it was possible to find 1 stop return flight?

Thanks!

BTW Cyprus is a nice place to visit anyway, the best time to go there is end of August - beginning of October
Old Apr 5, 2006, 11:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Looks like the fare basis is gone.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.