Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE] Wickedly Low Biz Class Fare from YYZ to LCA (Cyprus) on AZ (Alitalia)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[FARE GONE] Wickedly Low Biz Class Fare from YYZ to LCA (Cyprus) on AZ (Alitalia)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 6, 2006, 3:44 pm

Programs: BA/BD Gold, UA Silver
Lets just cool our heels for a few days and see if AZ does the right thing. Let us hope that Orbitz, Travelocity, etc are fighting hard for us. They really didn't do anything wrong. It was AZ's fault and many of us have paper tickets! Not to mention those whose tickets were cancelled AFTER 24 hours since booking...

Programs: AA EXP, HHonors Gold
Anyone in Chicago right now?

I work down the street from Orbitz HQ and would like to tell them a thing or two

Programs: United 1K, AA Plat Exec, DL Plat, Marriott Titanium Lifetime Elite, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Globalist
Am I the only one that just got this from CT?

Dear JOELFREAK,

Your CheapTickets flight reservation could not be confirmed by Alitalia and has been cancelled. Your credit card will not be charged for this reservation.

To book an alternate flight, please return to http://www.cheaptickets.com

Thank you,
CheapTickets Customer Support
just click. you're there. (SM)
http://www.cheaptickets.com
Old Apr 6, 2006, 3:46 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by GUWonder
Not acceptable.

True, I for one did get screwed by AC

Programs: UA GS, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Mateo4321
Anyone in Chicago right now?

I work down the street from Orbitz HQ and would like to tell them a thing or two
I am literally across the street (125 S Wacker) from their office and run into thier employees all the time when going for lunch by their building. If this doesnt work out I would be more than happy to take over an enormous stack of complaint letters to them.

stop complaining

First let me just say thank you to so many of you for your help, explanations, and experiences in other forums. I frequently read your posts and really enjoy this community.

Now, this is ONLY for the people complaining:

There is no question that this fare was a mistake. Don't try to make this out any other way. The VERY FIRST POST in this thread suggested as much and all the ensuing confusion is the result of a mistake. No legal mumbo jumbo will make that go away. Many many many of you took advantage of a blatant mistake and then EXPECT these companies to still send you to Europe even when you KNEW this not right.

The airline industry is in enough trouble already and furthermore these websites (travelocity, orbitz, etc...) have been very helpful over the past few years.

Be happy if everything works out, but DO NOT complain if your ticket gets cancelled.

Also, that BS about how this is the time and moment the companies need to prove themselves and honor their mistakes is just garbage as well as how you'll be a new lifetime customer blah blah blah...do you think they'll read your post and then honor the ticket because you say that? The truth is that you are probably partially loyal to a website but that if an excellent deal shows up on orbitz but not your favorite travelocity, you'll go to orbitz. They should treat you well, agreed, but they need to protect themselves as well so you can keep on using their services. I don't feel sorry for anyone in this game.
Old Apr 6, 2006, 3:47 pm

Programs: AA 0.4MM, BA G, LH SEN,TK S, HH Dia, Sixt Plat, Hertz Gold, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by joelfreak
Am I the only one that just got this from CT?

Dear JOELFREAK,

Your CheapTickets flight reservation could not be confirmed by Alitalia and has been cancelled. Your credit card will not be charged for this reservation.

To book an alternate flight, please return to http://www.cheaptickets.com

Thank you,
CheapTickets Customer Support
just click. you're there. (SM)
http://www.cheaptickets.com
Got it thi morning at 4.30ish am ET...I've got ticket numbers.purchased April, 5 around 11.30
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
CNN is covering this.
Suspended

Programs: Continental Gold Elite, United Premier Executive
Originally Posted by SchmutzigMSP
Thanks for the update, HeathrowGuy. While in general I disagree with calling in at this point, it seems that your calls do more good than harm...which is more than I can say for most people that have been calling in all day.
No problem - as a result of the paranoia that has come about after years of being shafted by CSRs and mid-level supes who can't speak with authority to so much as today's weather, I make a point of only seeking assistance from those travel employees who a) are specifically tasked by their employer with knowing what I want to know, and b) can land in hot water or deep caca if they do not know what I want to know (and don't know where to look or whom to ask, either).
Old Apr 6, 2006, 3:48 pm

Programs: US Chairman's, Marriott Platinum Premier, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Hertz 5*, Etc.
Originally Posted by FlyerHigher
First let me just say thank you to so many of you for your help, explanations, and experiences in other forums. I frequently read your posts and really enjoy this community.

There is no question that this fare was a mistake. Don't try to make this out any other way. The VERY FIRST POST in this thread suggested as much and all the ensuing confusion is the result of a mistake. No legal mumbo jumbo will make that go away. Many many many of you took advantage of a blatant mistake and then EXPECT these companies to still send you to Europe even when you KNEW this not right.

The airline industry is in enough trouble already and furthermore these websites (travelocity, orbitz, etc...) have been very helpful over the past few years.

Be happy if everything works out, but DO NOT complain if your ticket gets cancelled.

Also, that BS about how this is the time and moment the companies need to prove themselves and honor their mistakes is just garbage as well as how you'll be a new lifetime customer blah blah blah...do you think they'll read your post and then honor the ticket because you say that? The truth is that you are probably partially loyal to a website but that if an excellent deal shows up on orbitz but not your favorite travelocity, you'll go to orbitz. They should treat you well, agreed, but they need to protect themselves as well so you can keep on using their services. I don't feel sorry for anyone in this game.
Welcome to FlyerTalk. Yet another reason for a minimum post requirement...
Suspended

CNN put it on right now. Who is responsible here.

Alitalia says they will honor the ticket.

I got a PM from a reporter at a very legit national US paper...the phone # and name check out via google...any reason I shouldn't call him?

Don't worry, I understand the rules of fight club...

Programs: DL DM, 1MM AA PLT 2MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, and...Smiles Diamante
Welcome to Flyertalk.

Originally Posted by FlyerHigher

Suspended

Viva Alitalia?!?!? ^^
Old Apr 6, 2006, 3:49 pm
KVS
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by HeathrowGuy
AZ has US-based phone reps? Who knew - I always seem to get connected to the Res Desk in Palermo.
OK, here's more: The AZ Res Department is still not aware of this issue and everyone there says that it will be re-instated (as per my post above) -- perhaps they are in Palermo.

However, the AZ Sales Support Deparment (which is probably in the US) is now saying Scr*** You ...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.