Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREMIUM FARE GONE] PNH-SGN (via DOH) USD915 Biz

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[PREMIUM FARE GONE] PNH-SGN (via DOH) USD915 Biz

Search this Thread

Old Sep 21, 2023, 7:53 pm

Programs: M&M
Originally Posted by mattanapura
yes it does, even when opening the booking on MH website it shows booking class I.
MH only books in I with QR R class. If you can find dates with P availability MH should book into J. BTW it's also possible to fly MH A359 KUL-DOH with a QR flight number.
Old Sep 22, 2023, 10:36 am

Programs: LH HON, SQ TPPS, QR PLAT, EK SILVER, VN TITANIUM, HHilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Titanium
Does anyone know how many stopovers the fare allow in each direction? Somehow on expertflyer I cannot see the fare rules. Would it be possible to have 2 stopover in one direction - 1 in SGN and 1 in DOH?
Old Sep 23, 2023, 7:08 am

1) The deals seem to vanish in 2024, particular the "return"? Should be able to book until end June 2024..?
2) Starting in SGN instead of from PNH does not work, even use PNH as destination? (SGN-DOH-PNH // PNH-DOH-SGN)?
Old Sep 23, 2023, 11:59 am

Programs: LH HON, SQ TPPS, QR PLAT, EK SILVER, VN TITANIUM, HHilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Pedersens
1) The deals seem to vanish in 2024, particular the "return"? Should be able to book until end June 2024..?
2) Starting in SGN instead of from PNH does not work, even use PNH as destination? (SGN-DOH-PNH // PNH-DOH-SGN)?
Yes but fare rules allows routing PNH-SGN-DOH-SGN.. hence was wondering if I can add 2 stopovers (SGN and DOH)
Old Sep 23, 2023, 1:47 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum Elite, CX Silver, OW Ruby, Travala Smart Diamond
Originally Posted by roc83
Yes but fare rules allows routing PNH-SGN-DOH-SGN.. hence was wondering if I can add 2 stopovers (SGN and DOH)
Here is one with a few days in SGN and DOH, first try, not hard to find:

Pedersens likes this.
Old Sep 23, 2023, 1:52 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum Elite, CX Silver, OW Ruby, Travala Smart Diamond
Originally Posted by Pedersens
Here is one starting in SGN instead of PNH in 2024, also not hard to find, it was the first date I tried, might not be the cheapest dates.

Pedersens likes this.
Old Sep 23, 2023, 7:18 pm

Programs: NH AMC, EY Guest Silver,MPC GO
Anyone having issue in seat selection? Being a BA gold member I am still being asked a sear selection fee at USD94 per sector
Old Sep 23, 2023, 10:10 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, TK Elite Plus, QR Gold, AF Gold
You need to be QR Gold or Platinum to get free seat choice in advance.
Old Sep 24, 2023, 1:04 am

Last week flew with QR CAI/DEL/CAI and no problem with doing seat assignment. after entering my BA Gold number, I waited an hour, refreshed the PNR and access to all seats free of charge.
GalaxyChris likes this.
Old Sep 24, 2023, 1:03 pm

Qsuites showing up for DOH-SGN 4th May 2024

patidoc likes this.
Old Sep 24, 2023, 1:13 pm

Originally Posted by tazxxx
AUH-CGK with Sri Lankan around $1000 business still available @ 560TP to get you to Asia.
Throw in a BA holiday MAN-SOF to get you a wizz away from AUH and you've got yourself BA gold in one trip.
I had no idea Wiz flew to AUH 😄
Old Sep 24, 2023, 8:00 pm

Programs: NH AMC, EY Guest Silver,MPC GO
Originally Posted by Simon58
Last week flew with QR CAI/DEL/CAI and no problem with doing seat assignment. after entering my BA Gold number, I waited an hour, refreshed the PNR and access to all seats free of charge.

called them and agent confirms OWE should get free seat assignment while they tried multiple times still not work.
Sounds like a QR IT issue to me now

Last edited by sydneyguy1234; Sep 24, 2023 at 8:57 pm
Old Sep 24, 2023, 8:38 pm

Programs: available
Originally Posted by Croupier
Qsuites showing up for DOH-SGN 4th May 2024
not really... still the old 777 on 5th the return PNH-DOH

Old Sep 25, 2023, 3:19 am

Programs: UA MM/1P, EK Au, QR, TK, Marriott Life Ti, Hilton Dia, IC Dia, Hyatt Glob, Accor Pt, Shangri-La
Originally Posted by jfkeze
Ahhh... memories back in 2013!
that was at a lower rate and a different DOT ruling period, but several FTers flew that after filing in SCC and other settlements..
I know people who filed complaints in HKG/Canada/NYC and later after settlements flew variations instead of the simple PNH-SGN as the staff on the ground mentioned it while "transiting" on that fare... which led to 560 TPs hehe
Indeed. I booked that one and they cancelled it. I shrugged it off but nice to know that some travelers got them to honor it. Guess they haven't learned their lesson on routing rules. Good luck to those who try this one!

I also managed to fly a similar fare around the same time on EK, CMB-MLE round trip in F that allowed (probably not their original intention) routing through DXB. Nice memories.
Old Sep 25, 2023, 4:04 am

I tried to read through the old thread but didn't really come to a conclusion. What did the people who flew do exactly to get QR to honor their tickets?
It seems they were not very transparent about this. What can we learn from 10 years ago, what should we take into consideration when booking this fare?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.