Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[prem fare gone]: Saudia: AMS-DXB £353 in Business Return

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[prem fare gone]: Saudia: AMS-DXB £353 in Business Return

Search this Thread

Old Nov 3, 2022, 6:04 am

Originally Posted by clager
I took the SV trip last week.
All went well.
Used the Saudia app to download BP AMS-JED and JED-DXB , same on the way home.
I transited inAMS from CPH / Schengen and went thru immi to non Schengen with little waitingtime.
KL Crown Lounge was crowded but i used the quiet silence area in the back.
Jeddah lounge not too crowded and good selection of food.
SV used Ahlan lounge in JED which is a very good third part lounge.

Service onboard all four flights 789 / 320 was excellent.
The 320 outward was with smaller version with anglewide seats.
Returntrip lieflatversion.

Had the pleasure of meeting two other FTs on outward trip, and
home was joined by ramalair .
Good to meet you

That looks awesome! I am exactly 2 weeks away from making my trip and needless to say getting very excited for it!
Old Nov 3, 2022, 7:44 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold
Thanks for the update, looks great! Looking forward to trying it next month.

Did you require a transit visa for JED? I have a an option in MMB but it doesn’t work. I only have a 2 hour stopover
Old Nov 3, 2022, 10:07 am

Pleasure was all mine dear clager ! Thank you for this report.
Hope to see you again soon on another amazing deal !
Old Nov 3, 2022, 10:41 am

Programs: EBG
No visa required when you are in transit.
Gomac likes this.
Old Nov 4, 2022, 3:59 pm

I took the family in October. Was a nice trip, good seats and Service but Cowboy pilots. Interlining the bags to KL AMS ZRH was refused in DXB so bags got stuck in AMS with a small arrival delay but they did a good job between the two airlines to rush them to our home just a day later.

How long for the miles to post on Flying Blue?
Old Nov 7, 2022, 9:21 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA GfL & GGL, FB Platinum, MB Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by f4free
I took the family in October. Was a nice trip, good seats and Service but Cowboy pilots. Interlining the bags to KL AMS ZRH was refused in DXB so bags got stuck in AMS with a small arrival delay but they did a good job between the two airlines to rush them to our home just a day later.

How long for the miles to post on Flying Blue?
For me, the first time I had to submit a claim to Flying Blue and the second time the flights posted automatically after a few days.
Old Nov 7, 2022, 9:23 am
Original Poster

Can I just say that it makes me happy that so many people were able to take up this deal and had a good time as well a meeting other FTers.
Old Nov 8, 2022, 3:13 am

For those interested, the youtuber Josh Cahill (which happened to be on my same flights) posted a review of his flights on this deal :
clager likes this.
Old Nov 14, 2022, 5:58 pm

So it’s less than 72hrs to departure and having just checked the app it tells me to check in at the counter in AMS. Has anyone had the issue? Given the schedule changes/cancellations I had which still means that I have errors in my booking when I go to manage my booking on the website. Getting a little paranoid I will be turned away at the airport when I go to check in and they tell me the booking doesn’t exist!

Old Nov 15, 2022, 6:15 am
Original Poster

It could be that your ticket wasn’t re-issued after the changes. For a fare like this I wouldn’t normally suggest calling customer services but it may be worth it in your case. Hopefully it’s something simple like reissuing the ticket.
Old Nov 15, 2022, 6:32 am

Originally Posted by MaxFlyer
It could be that your ticket wasn’t re-issued after the changes. For a fare like this I wouldn’t normally suggest calling customer services but it may be worth it in your case. Hopefully it’s something simple like reissuing the ticket.
I had about 2-3 schedule changes since booking the fare in May and then had to contact them once as it kept saying my order was unpaid. However, If I look at my e-ticket it says the coupon is open and ready for travel so hopefully that should be fine. I also changed my departure date to make it 1 day earlier (was originally 18th). I kept mentioning the 'there is an inconsistency with your booking' error that I was having to the customer service whilst talking to them but they kept saying everything looks fine every time and I was able to modify my seats for both outbound and inbound flight without a problem every time. So hopefully it's just an error. I tried to contact them via WhatsApp but they told me as this was booked via travel agent they can't help.
Old Nov 15, 2022, 6:35 am

Okay so maybe panicked a little early. Something seems to have changed overnight and now it says check in will open in 50 mins which is expected as it's 48hrs before departure with Saudia I believe.

MaxFlyer likes this.
Old Jan 9, 2023, 6:34 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Hi all,

For my trip later in March, there are some small changes to the schedule (actually to my advantage, as it reduces my wait time in JED) by about 20mins. I would like to actually even make this waiting time shorter and change it to the next available flight from JED to DXB and for the return I have the same advantageous type of schedule change, leaving DXB slightly later.

Do you think I would be able to make changes based on these changes to my tix without pushback? Is calling or via the online chat a better option?

Thanks in advance,
Cheers!
Old Jan 9, 2023, 6:45 am

Originally Posted by nldogbert
Hi all,

For my trip later in March, there are some small changes to the schedule (actually to my advantage, as it reduces my wait time in JED) by about 20mins. I would like to actually even make this waiting time shorter and change it to the next available flight from JED to DXB and for the return I have the same advantageous type of schedule change, leaving DXB slightly later.

Do you think I would be able to make changes based on these changes to my tix without pushback? Is calling or via the online chat a better option?

Thanks in advance,
Cheers!
Don’t accept the change and either call them or try Whatsapp chat and have the exact flight numbers and timings ready, they should be able to change it without pushback.
nldogbert and Moh20 like this.
Old Jan 9, 2023, 8:38 am
Original Poster

Be aware that if your flight from AMS is very late departing (which has been an issue at AMS) then you will need every second to try and make the connection at JED. There’s lots of walking from gate to transfer and to gate at JED and transfer security can be very busy.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.