Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[prem fare gone]: Saudia: AMS-DXB £353 in Business Return

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[prem fare gone]: Saudia: AMS-DXB £353 in Business Return

Search this Thread

Old May 27, 2022, 10:28 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA GfL & GGL, FB Platinum, MB Titanium, Hilton Diamond
I’m planning on going HBO so no need to go landslide to check-in any bags when I fly into AMS from the UK on my positioning flight. This is assuming that I don’t have any issues getting a mobile boarding pass from SV.

I still would expect there to be a transfer desk at AMS like at LHR where you can pick up your boarding passes.
Old May 30, 2022, 4:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by MaxFlyer
I still would expect there to be a transfer desk at AMS like at LHR where you can pick up your boarding passes.
Possibly, but SV doesn't have a huge or longstanding (passenger) presence at AMS, and they don't use the KLM check-in desks, which makes me wonder if KLM would be able to handle SV queries at one of the KLM transfer desks. SV probably do not expect that there are any connecting passengers at AMS, other than those delivered to them by KLM, who would of course be able to use KLM transfer desks by virtue of that connection.

If I think of it, next time I am airside I will check if there are any indications of SV at any of the transfer desks, but I don't have a booking departing the non-Schengen side of the airport for some time. Perhaps those who have an upcoming journey on one of these tickets can take the time to see if SV has a presence at any of the airside transfer desks while waiting to board their SV flight.
MaxFlyer likes this.
Old May 30, 2022, 7:31 am

Originally Posted by InsomniaBA
Heads up for those also travelling on shortish notice.
keep an eye out on AMS situation, hours long queue for security yesterday due to personnel shortages.

Union is threatening with strikes starting in june.

There's a thread up in KLM forum to keep updated.

This seems to be a common issue across Europe nowadays. Does anyone know if SV offers fast track for business class passengers?
Old May 30, 2022, 7:33 am

Originally Posted by Reglo
This seems to be a common issue across Europe nowadays. Does anyone know if SV offers fast track for business class passengers?
I don't know any airline that does not offer fast track in AMS. It's my understanding that the fast track gates opens with any boarding pass, but that the employee standing next to it will take a peek at your BP.
Reglo likes this.
Old May 30, 2022, 7:45 am

Programs: AA Exp
Originally Posted by Travel-Quinten
I don't know any airline that does not offer fast track in AMS. It's my understanding that the fast track gates opens with any boarding pass, but that the employee standing next to it will take a peek at your BP.
When I departed from Amsterdam the issue was actually getting to the fast track gates. Once I reached those I was in the lounge within five minutes. The queues where before that... That was an an intra-Europe OS flight though, so my experience may not be that relevant. I do understand that the biggest queues are to actually get into the airport though...
MaxFlyer and Reglo like this.
Old May 30, 2022, 10:25 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AF Gold / Accor Gold / Hilton Diamond / TP Silver / A3 Gold
There is a general transfer desk in main airside hall , where KL offer transfer service for ST paxs on schengen side
Old May 30, 2022, 2:41 pm

Originally Posted by Reglo
Yes , the SV J BP at AMS allows the priority scanning gate AND fast track into security. Did it a few days ago ,all very quick.
Reglo likes this.
Old May 31, 2022, 10:06 am

Programs: BAEC Silver | Flying Blue Gold | Accor Gold
For whom it concerns: I was just able to checkin online and get boarding passes no problem.
Will save time at AMS.

Found it interesting class of travel on BP was "Business dicounted" - didn't see that one before.
ceej123 likes this.
Old May 31, 2022, 12:13 pm

For whom it concerns: I was just able to checkin online and get boarding passes no problem.
Will save time at AMS.

Found it interesting class of travel on BP was "Business dicounted" - didn't see that one before.

Mine didn't have that
Old May 31, 2022, 12:23 pm

Originally Posted by ElJudioErrante
Mine didn't have that
Not on my mobile BP.
But on the PDF they sent it is. Idk, doesn't seem anything noteworthy.
Old Jun 1, 2022, 3:36 am

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum
"Business dicounted" - didn't see that one before.
Some airlines list the booking class on the BP. For SV, business class tickets can be issued on I, C, D, J classes for flights to/from EU. In the case of those tickets, it's in most cases a D class ticket, which is Business Discounted (as opposed to a fully flex J ticket.) Still credit to all relevant FF programs (150% on Flying Blue for instance). Though do note it may take ages...

...I should have bought 20 of those....
Old Jun 1, 2022, 7:06 am

Originally Posted by offvoice
Some airlines list the booking class on the BP. For SV, business class tickets can be issued on I, C, D, J classes for flights to/from EU. In the case of those tickets, it's in most cases a D class ticket, which is Business Discounted (as opposed to a fully flex J ticket.) Still credit to all relevant FF programs (150% on Flying Blue for instance). Though do note it may take ages...

...I should have bought 20 of those....
Thank for clarification, crediting to FB indeed.
And I agree, hitting myself for not buying more.
Old Jun 3, 2022, 1:17 am
Original Poster

My booking is showing Business Semi Flex with a fare class/basis of D/DLNL.

Last edited by MaxFlyer; Jun 3, 2022 at 2:03 am
Old Jun 3, 2022, 3:38 am

Checked in, boarded and flew without problems.
Flawless experience at JED too. What an improvement on the ground compared to couple years back!

If you can see past the lack of alcohol I see absolutely no problem not to fly Saudia more in the future.
MaxFlyer and AurelAF96 like this.
Old Jun 4, 2022, 3:09 am
Original Poster

Any feedback on the return journey which leaves DXB at around 4:20am? Check-in, lounge etc experience.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.