Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

(prem fare gone): QR: JFK/PHL to KBP ( Kiev, Ukraine ) from +$1600 r/t

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

(prem fare gone): QR: JFK/PHL to KBP ( Kiev, Ukraine ) from +$1600 r/t

Search this Thread

Old May 17, 2020, 9:01 am

Programs: A3 Gold, BA Silver
Originally Posted by onlysuites
They seem to have zeroed out the cheaper business class booking class across the board. All their flights only have J and C buckets at silly prices now.
There are some D as well but yeah the prices have gone thought the roof. They have even zeroed out cheap economy tickets the only ones left are in the middle bucket of flexibility.
It is an interesting way they handled this situation as most airlines would just change the policy not remove the cheaper tickets as they are assuming that any new ticket will be changed.
Old May 17, 2020, 11:43 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG100K, BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Plat,
Not entirely true:
https://www.google.com/flights?hl=en...;sc:b;sd:1;t:f

JFK-ATH $2236
Old May 17, 2020, 11:47 am

Programs: AA ExPlat, Marriott Titanium, HH Diamond
QR has amended the terms of the policy.

You now need to wait at least 14 days from the time of booking to request the change voluntarily, and the same fare codes need to be available on the new flights. Fifth Freedom flights are also excluded.

Still pretty generous IMO

​​​
denkigroove likes this.
Old May 17, 2020, 1:04 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by FlyingFrZ

You now need to wait at least 14 days from the time of booking to request the change voluntarily, and the same fare codes need to be available on the new flights. Fifth Freedom flights are also excluded.

​​​
I will need to escalate this to QR to determine which policy applies - the policy in place at time of ticketing, or a new modified policy at time of change. Legally, at least in the USA, it should be the former
MaxVO likes this.
Old May 17, 2020, 1:18 pm

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC

​​​
Can you post a copy of this policy? I checked the trade partners site and pulled the most recent revision dated 15MAY and the only change I see is a blocking of fifth freedom route flights, which I don't believe affect any routes ex-US/Canada.
Old May 17, 2020, 1:36 pm

Originally Posted by bocastephen
Can you post a copy of this policy? I checked the trade partners site and pulled the most recent revision dated 15MAY and the only change I see is a blocking of fifth freedom route flights, which I don't believe affect any routes ex-US/Canada.
Saw it circulating on the blogs.

Here is OMAATs post

https://onemileatatime.com/qatar-air...ooking-policy/
Old May 17, 2020, 2:46 pm

I will need to escalate this to QR to determine which policy applies - the policy in place at time of ticketing, or a new modified policy at time of change. Legally, at least in the USA, it should be the former
QR must have a mechanism in place to grandfather sales under the original terms in future date/route changes. Otherwise it would be a substantial bait-and-switch for them.
Old May 17, 2020, 4:14 pm

Programs: BA GGL IHG PlatAMB HH Dia
No worry - KBP is nice too.
Old May 17, 2020, 4:20 pm

Saw it circulating on the blogs.

Here is OMAATs post

https://onemileatatime.com/qatar-air...ooking-policy/
The claims in the blog post do not align with the content in the trade bulletin, which is not for public consumption. The blogger might have received this information from an online travel agent who is enforcing their own standard.
Old May 17, 2020, 4:29 pm

The claims in the blog post do not align with the content in the trade bulletin, which is not for public consumption. The blogger might have received this information from an online travel agent who is enforcing their own standard.
Interesting. I saw it posted in a few places so I assumed it was credible info.
Old May 17, 2020, 4:42 pm

Interesting. I saw it posted in a few places so I assumed it was credible info.
We would need to see a link or copy of the actual trade desk policy sheet from Qatar to verify the claims. Some of those OMAAT bloggers don't appear to be the brightest bulbs in the candelabra
Kajetan likes this.
Old May 17, 2020, 6:33 pm

We would need to see a link or copy of the actual trade desk policy sheet from Qatar to verify the claims. Some of those OMAAT bloggers don't appear to be the brightest bulbs in the candelabra
So from what you're seeing, the change policy has not been altered apart from the added exclusion of fifth freedom flights?
Old May 17, 2020, 7:16 pm

So from what you're seeing, the change policy has not been altered apart from the added exclusion of fifth freedom flights?
Didn't see it on QR's website. Maybe that's something about to do added. Either way, agents seem to have different interpretations of the current policy based on community feedback.
Old May 17, 2020, 8:05 pm

The only key restrictions I am seeing in the trade policy for agents is no fifth freedom and no refunds of non-refundable fares unless there is an INvoluntary change to schedule, or operations, ie you cannot enter the country of destination, transit or return.
Old May 17, 2020, 8:15 pm

I see the updated T&Cs at the bottom of the page. It says fifth freedom flights don’t apply and 14 days after booking for voluntary rebooking.

https://www.qatarairways.com/en/trav...onfidence.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.