Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARW GONE] LX HKG-ORD $1462 RT in J wide open to EOS

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[PREM FARW GONE] LX HKG-ORD $1462 RT in J wide open to EOS

Search this Thread

Old Feb 12, 2020, 8:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
The fare is also available to a bunch of Midwestern airports, like MSP, IND, CLE, PIT, CVG, STL, MKE, DSM, and a lot more regional ones.

Fare rules here:
https://www.expedia.com/Fare-Rules?t...4-1746d42ede8f
legalalien likes this.

Last edited by nk15; Feb 12, 2020 at 8:14 pm
Old Feb 12, 2020, 8:21 pm

Programs: AS MVPG75k, AA Plat
Originally Posted by SightseeMC
Am I correct in seeing this as an effective mileage run for LX and CX only? No AS?
This is actually a UA or A3 mileage run.

For A3 purposes and YYZ Signature Suite access was trying hard to get AC metal TATL both ways yesterday but was unable to.
Old Feb 12, 2020, 8:34 pm
SPG Contributor Badge

Programs: UA*1K, Marriott Titanium (LTP), Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Unionruler
This is actually a UA or A3 mileage run.

For A3 purposes and YYZ Signature Suite access was trying hard to get AC metal TATL both ways yesterday but was unable to.
Now that would be amazing, especially with AC being 200% for PQD.....
Old Feb 12, 2020, 9:00 pm

seems only on LX ticket, book in Z is 150% miles on UA
Old Feb 12, 2020, 9:06 pm

Originally Posted by nk15
Only if it books as a CX code, not if it books as an LX code.

And I don't see any CX codes, so the answer is no.
I too was trying to find CX codes flights as I was hoping to credit to BA. Anyone found any? If so use which OTA to book?
Old Feb 12, 2020, 9:15 pm
SPG Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by DUFAW
seems only on LX ticket, book in Z is 150% miles on UA

It might be on LX ticket, but I also see some ZRH-YYZ segments on the outgoing, at 200% on AC J. I've seen some (no returns on AC J, like Unionruler mentioned) that come up to ~39,144 miles, to around 7,828 PQP..... how can I say no? Arg.....

As long as I'm not wrong, and it's metal for AC that counts, not LX ticket stock. They all seem to have (for the flights with an AC segment) a UA initial leg to ORD, but I don't care about that loss of PQP.
Old Feb 12, 2020, 9:44 pm

Originally Posted by Absolute
It might be on LX ticket, but I also see some ZRH-YYZ segments on the outgoing, at 200% on AC J. I've seen some (no returns on AC J, like Unionruler mentioned) that come up to ~39,144 miles, to around 7,828 PQP..... how can I say no? Arg.....

As long as I'm not wrong, and it's metal for AC that counts, not LX ticket stock. They all seem to have (for the flights with an AC segment) a UA initial leg to ORD, but I don't care about that loss of PQP.
That's great earning on UA! For the return, can you find any without CX legs or 10+ hours layover in ZRH?
Old Feb 12, 2020, 9:45 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA GS, FB Gold, AS MVPG, MR Titanium, VS Gold
That's great earning on UA! For the return, can you find any without CX legs or 10+ hours layover in ZRH?
I have not. I ploan on banking the CX flight to either AA or AS, the 2 UA and 1 Swiss seg I will credit obviously to UA. This virus should be cleared up by june july and always in HK, so hoping to use a couple of these nested.
Old Feb 12, 2020, 9:58 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Diamond, AA exExPlat, BAEC exGold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Starriott Titanium, GE
Originally Posted by IWontRegretThis
I have not. I ploan on banking the CX flight to either AA or AS, the 2 UA and 1 Swiss seg I will credit obviously to UA. This virus should be cleared up by june july and always in HK, so hoping to use a couple of these nested.
I thought there was no way to book the CX flights as CX coded...so it wouldn’t be possible to credit to AA/AS?
Old Feb 12, 2020, 10:14 pm
SPG Contributor Badge

Not yet; so far pure LX on ORD-ZRH-HKG, but with an 11 hour layover in one of the most expensive cities

Only way I could get full *A flights was to make it an open-jaw. Flights to other airports like MCI had the last YYZ--MCI leg in Y.
Old Feb 12, 2020, 10:22 pm

Programs: UA Mileage Plus, Alaska Mileage Plan, Marriott Bonvoy
Originally Posted by princesakura
For the past few weeks, I've been taking the ANA SFO-TYO-HKG premium economy deal from a few months ago for some weekend mileage runs with 12 to 24 hour layovers in Hong Kong. Reading the increasingly negative news and also experiencing slowly escalating quarantine and arrival procedures on HKG-TYO segment, I personally am thinking twice about booking a lot of travel through HKG this year. While limited bans have been introduced for people who have visited the mainland in the past 14 days, countries could just as easily add Hong Kong to their ban lists. While I've been flying these runs, Tokyo started tracking passengers from Hong Kong flights, and manually processing them at pre-immigration quarantine. Even past that, while I was at JP trusted traveler kiosk doing my thing, staff approached me to sign yet another form stating I hadn't been to Wuhan in the past 14 days. Since I have a tight travel schedule this year, I'm going to avoid booking anything touching PEK, PVG, and HKG regardless of how lucrative the fare is. Just my thoughts.
I just returned from one of these deals on Monday. I had no issues connecting at NRT or arriving at SFO. I was given a questionnaire to complete on the HKG to NRT leg that all passengers were supposed to complete, but no one asked for it when i went through security in NRT to connect to my SFO flight. I did consider the possibility of canceled HKG legs, but went for it. I wish I would have booked a second one at that price.
Old Feb 12, 2020, 10:30 pm

Programs: BA GGL, A3 GOLD, AS MVP GOLD, O6 DIAMOND
Same question, LX marketed w/CX metal can earn AS or not ?
Old Feb 12, 2020, 10:40 pm

Programs: UA1K MM, JL JMB SAPPHIRE, Marriott Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Absolute
Not yet; so far pure LX on ORD-ZRH-HKG, but with an 11 hour layover in one of the most expensive cities

Only way I could get full *A flights was to make it an open-jaw. Flights to other airports like MCI had the last YYZ--MCI leg in Y.
You can fly both TPAC legs on AC and openjaw is not necessary

Old Feb 12, 2020, 10:41 pm

Programs: AS MVPG75k, AA Plat
According to AS policy LX marketed shouldn't credit, but my sensing is ~80% of the time AS members here have got OAL marketed AS partner operated to credit successfully nonetheless.
Old Feb 12, 2020, 10:42 pm
formerly Guanran Wang

Programs: Alaska, BAEC, Asiana, Aegean, Enrich, Marriott/SPG, Hilton
If you want to book this fare, do it NOW.
This is suppose to be a restrictive P fare and they are fixing this right now.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.