Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARW GONE] LX HKG-ORD $1462 RT in J wide open to EOS

Old Feb 12, 20, 5:40 pm
Original Poster

First ever post from a long time lurker! Google flights will show the fares
Old Feb 12, 20, 5:42 pm

Programs: KL Platinum, A3 Gold, BA Silver
Can I credit CX operated flight with LX number to other Star Alliance than Miles and More?
Old Feb 12, 20, 6:05 pm
formerly Guanran Wang

Programs: Alaska, BAEC, Asiana, Aegean, Enrich, Marriott/SPG, Hilton
Originally Posted by 747jetter View Post
Can I credit CX operated flight with LX number to other Star Alliance than Miles and More?
No, *A looks at operating carrier
Old Feb 12, 20, 6:12 pm

Please correct me that if I supposed to credit it to CX, I could only acquire RDM without MPC points for the LX marketed and CX operated flight?
Old Feb 12, 20, 6:25 pm

For the past few weeks, I've been taking the ANA SFO-TYO-HKG premium economy deal from a few months ago for some weekend mileage runs with 12 to 24 hour layovers in Hong Kong. Reading the increasingly negative news and also experiencing slowly escalating quarantine and arrival procedures on HKG-TYO segment, I personally am thinking twice about booking a lot of travel through HKG this year. While limited bans have been introduced for people who have visited the mainland in the past 14 days, countries could just as easily add Hong Kong to their ban lists. While I've been flying these runs, Tokyo started tracking passengers from Hong Kong flights, and manually processing them at pre-immigration quarantine. Even past that, while I was at JP trusted traveler kiosk doing my thing, staff approached me to sign yet another form stating I hadn't been to Wuhan in the past 14 days. Since I have a tight travel schedule this year, I'm going to avoid booking anything touching PEK, PVG, and HKG regardless of how lucrative the fare is. Just my thoughts.
vincewy likes this.
Old Feb 12, 20, 6:27 pm

Programs: AA Platinum Pro | Hyatt Globalist | HH Diamond | SPG Gold
Can I credit the CX legs to AA ?
Old Feb 12, 20, 6:30 pm

For $1533 you can stay all *A
johnru36 and Shadowfactor like this.
Old Feb 12, 20, 6:32 pm

Programs: UA 1K
This gets 6,132 PQP if credited to UA.

Originally Posted by princesakura View Post
For the past few weeks, I've been taking the ANA SFO-TYO-HKG premium economy deal from a few months ago for some weekend mileage runs with 12 to 24 hour layovers in Hong Kong. Reading the increasingly negative news and also experiencing slowly escalating quarantine and arrival procedures on HKG-TYO segment, I personally am thinking twice about booking a lot of travel through HKG this year. While limited bans have been introduced for people who have visited the mainland in the past 14 days, countries could just as easily add Hong Kong to their ban lists. While I've been flying these runs, Tokyo started tracking passengers from Hong Kong flights, and manually processing them at pre-immigration quarantine. Even past that, while I was at JP trusted traveler kiosk doing my thing, staff approached me to sign yet another form stating I hadn't been to Wuhan in the past 14 days. Since I have a tight travel schedule this year, I'm going to avoid booking anything touching PEK, PVG, and HKG regardless of how lucrative the fare is. Just my thoughts.
If you're looking to do this in one of your HKG trips then there is a risk of one or both of your tickets being affected / cancelled. On the other hand, HKG makes pretty good MR and there aren't other options for me with a price as good as HKG.

Originally Posted by Shadowfactor View Post
​​​​​​​If you use your AA # on the CX tickets yes
Old Feb 12, 20, 6:44 pm

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
Originally Posted by Shadowfactor View Post
Only if it books as a CX code, not if it books as an LX code.

And I don't see any CX codes, so the answer is no.

Last edited by nk15; Feb 12, 20 at 6:57 pm
Old Feb 12, 20, 6:58 pm

Books in Z, seems to earn 150% in most ff programs

https://www.wheretocredit.com/swiss/z

10,200 BIS miles each way via ZRH, 20,400 miles total, should earn 30,600 miles at 150% crediting.
Old Feb 12, 20, 7:05 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold, UA Premier Silver
Can anyone who is skilled at reading fare rules answer this:

If I book this for say, Jan 2, 2021 to Jan 7, 2021, and then upon flying the outbound try to change the return to something like Dec 26, 2021, am I just subject to the $250 EUR fee provided there is Z space available on the flight I want? Are there any limitations with changes of operating carrier, say if my original return is LX + CX and what I want to change to is UA + LX?
Old Feb 12, 20, 7:09 pm

Good fare, but it requires positioning, and with all the nCoV troubles, it's a no go. The two separate tickets to also position makes this even more complex, so any quarantine snafus and the like it will be very messy.
Old Feb 12, 20, 7:20 pm

The CX legs, even with LX flight number, won’t earn United and some other *A miles, because CX is not in *A

so anyone is looking to crediting to UA may need to avoid CX legs, and look for those with all legs on LX or UA

I tried to find one with all LX legs, but seems the return ORD-ZRH-HKG, will have a 12 hour layover in ZRH, otherwise price goes up to $4000+.

Can anyone find all LX legs with short layovers?
SightseeMC likes this.

Last edited by DUFAW; Feb 12, 20 at 7:47 pm
Old Feb 12, 20, 7:54 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QF, AC, AA, Hyatt, Marriott
https://www.google.com/flights?hl=en...8*2.USD.146198
Old Feb 12, 20, 8:02 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond Plus
Am I correct in seeing this as an effective mileage run for LX and CX only? No AS?

Search this Thread
Search Engine: