Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

DL/Sky Team: 2020 Consolidated Mileage/Status/Challenge Runs help needed

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 5, 2020, 2:49 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Pat89339
For each request, please include the following information:

Departure Airport:
Miles Needed:
Required Spend or Budget:
Available Travel Dates:
Required Metal or Codeshares okay*:

For each response. Please quote the original request. DO NOT START A SEPARATE THREAD.

----

NOTE: You will have greater chances of success if you have greater flexibility on travel dates and cost. If you need a lot of MQMs on weekends only for < 5 cpm it probably won't happen.

Other creative possibilities depending how many MQMs you need:
----

*"Required Metal or Codeshares" is, approximately, asking whether you need a flight operated specifically by Delta or if partner flights are ok. If you are just looking for MQMs to hit a Medallion tier the normal way, then the answer is yes. If you are doing a status challenge, the answer is also probably yes, but read the T&C of your challenge carefully to be sure (for the regular status challenge the answer is also "yes")

NOTE: some partner flights earn MQMs at reduced rates. See this chart for more info.

Newcomers may also be interested in the FlyerTalk Glossary
Print Wikipost

DL/Sky Team: 2020 Consolidated Mileage/Status/Challenge Runs help needed

Search this Thread

Old Mar 25, 2020, 1:55 am

Programs: Delta SkyMiles - Diamond Medallion
Originally Posted by kingkazul400
Was looking at a MR for this Saturday, March 28th (immediate turn) from ORF to HNL for $470, netting gain of 386 MQD and 10,412 MQM.

Saw availability for D1 on several flights to HNL, what's the likelihood of getting upgraded as a Gold Medallion on a half-empty flight? Last I heard D1 complimentary upgrades are borderline nonexistent though that was going off of hearsay from Summer 2019.

Then saw the news that Hawaii has instituted a 14 day quarantine for tourists. Will the quarantine affect people who are doing an immediate return within 2-3 hours of arrival?

Aas far as domestic MRs go, this route is probably one of the better ones I've seen for someone like me based in SE VA/NE NC.
as gold, you’ll most likely be upgraded to comfort+. Not sure about DeltaOne (long-haul) likelihood.

Re: quarantine: you’ll be fine as long as you DO NOT leave the airport. Please stay put at the airport and do not leave airside. Mahalo.

just be aware of your surroundings. There is a lot of anti-travel sentiment as a scapegoat for COVID-19 spread. We are fast approaching 100 cases.
Old Mar 28, 2020, 4:11 am

Programs: DL Diamond, UA Platinum, OZ Diamond, AC Prestige25K
I'm seeing lots of instant turnaround SFO-ATL fares for $100 USD (Basic) / $161 USD (Main) in Aug-Nov. May be useful to people who are short ~4k MQM. Ex. https://flights.app.goo.gl/pTMEf
Old Mar 31, 2020, 10:22 am

Originally Posted by dcadwell
Yep. Saw that. Wound up having to cancel mine. Going to keep an eye on things over the next couple of weeks and will rebook if possible.
Mine is now pretty likely to be cancelled (Memorial Day weekend) since DL JFK-BOM has been pulled till mid-December. Disappeared from the itin, but now I'm sitting tight to see what options they give me - would love if they can reschedule me for over Christmas, but not if they want fare difference. Booked via OTA, so I'm hoping fare bucket availability will suffice.

OTOH, I've been playing with ITA/GF over the past few weeks for funsies, with prices fluctuating periodically. Some interesting things I found:

RDU-WAS in one day - can get 6 segments in for $100-118 BE, 2.9-3.4 cpm through end of July
* I did book this earlier in March and but the first segment cancelled T-48 (and the last segment cancelled day of!), so there's a good chance it may not actually fly as expected

RDU-LAX with direct turn - also 6 segments in $160s for now, 2.6 cpm through May... was in the $140s a few days ago for 2.1cpm! You could bump it up to 8 segments for not much more, but cpm argues differently...
Old Jun 4, 2020, 2:16 pm

It's amazing how this thread has all but shut down. The world has changed. The days of casually bopping from one part of the world to another are gone for awhile.
Pocatello likes this.
Old Jun 16, 2020, 10:47 am

Programs: Delta
Originally Posted by ProfRB
It's amazing how this thread has all but shut down. The world has changed. The days of casually bopping from one part of the world to another are gone for awhile.
It's a combo of a number of things, the big one being what you stated - but also that 2019 earned status has been extended another year, all 2020 MQMs are rolling over into 2021, and that in general this thread is more active in the second half of the year
Old Jun 16, 2020, 11:17 am

Programs: AAdvantage ExPlat LT Gold, BA Silver, Aegean Star Gold
Originally Posted by namekyd
It's a combo of a number of things, the big one being what you stated - but also that 2019 earned status has been extended another year, all 2020 MQMs are rolling over into 2021, and that in general this thread is more active in the second half of the year
Agree, this thread was active even in early 2020 but since most people were doing this for MRs, the free pass for requalification makes it hard to justify a trip in 2020, except if you want some MQMs but since MQDs don't rollover it's better to save the cash and book for 2021.
This thread should pick up movement over the next few weeks and months as you can now book till May 2021 so some decent earning opportunities with AF/KLM but the main attraction Y+ on VS is still too risky to buy as we don't know the future of VS... my two cents as someone who looks at fares all day long...
Old Jun 19, 2020, 8:57 am

Originally Posted by jfkeze
Agree, this thread was active even in early 2020 but since most people were doing this for MRs, the free pass for requalification makes it hard to justify a trip in 2020, except if you want some MQMs but since MQDs don't rollover it's better to save the cash and book for 2021.
This thread should pick up movement over the next few weeks and months as you can now book till May 2021 so some decent earning opportunities with AF/KLM but the main attraction Y+ on VS is still too risky to buy as we don't know the future of VS... my two cents as someone who looks at fares all day long...
JFKEZE: I completely agree that Y+ on VS rocked while it lasted. What are you watching for now?
Old Jun 20, 2020, 10:02 am

Programs: DL DM & 2MM; Marriott Titanium
DL Prem. Select: BWI-ICN in 2020/21

https://flights.app.goo.gl/NDMxm

Anyone looking for a MR this year or early 2021, BWI-ICN in DL PS (A350s) seems interesting. Wide availability.

Amex IAP brings the fare down to approx. $950.
Pocatello likes this.
Old Jun 23, 2020, 1:20 pm

Programs: flyingblue
Hi,

I have a question for you . I want to buy a business ticket to China (in summer 2021). I will send a flight by AF website, with a KL flight number but operate by MU, so can i get miles and xp ? (class Z by MU).

I saw that in flyingblue.com : Earn Miles and gain XP on flights marketed as KLM (KL).

With China Eastern, you can Gain XP on eligible flights (Business Cabin––U: 150%; J, C, D, I, Q: 125%).

Thank you :-)
Old Jun 23, 2020, 1:53 pm

Originally Posted by ProfRB
JFKEZE: I completely agree that Y+ on VS rocked while it lasted. What are you watching for now?
Still cautious but Aeromexico has some interesting fares both in J and their version of Y+ which is called AM Plus, seems to be Y seat/service but with more legroom and books into W class which credits as RDMs 125%, MQMs 150%, MQDs 25%. I'm of the belief that AM,LA,AV are too big too fail considering the impact they have on the local economies and countries. Not confident that VA falls in the too big too fail category...

Google Flights

MIA-AMS would earn 21015 MQMs 3502 MQDs 3.06 MQD Ratio
Delta Diamond members would obtain 38527 RDMs, Platinum 31522 RDMs, Gold 28020 RDMs, Silver 24517 RDMs, Base 17512 RDMs
Old Jun 23, 2020, 1:59 pm

Originally Posted by gbenoit
Hi,

I have a question for you . I want to buy a business ticket to China (in summer 2021). I will send a flight by AF website, with a KL flight number but operate by MU, so can i get miles and xp ? (class Z by MU).

I saw that in flyingblue.com : Earn Miles and gain XP on flights marketed as KLM (KL).

With China Eastern, you can Gain XP on eligible flights (Business Cabin––U: 150%; J, C, D, I, Q: 125%).

Thank you :-)
MU Z would not credit to Air France as it's not an earning category and it shows up as a Discount Economy class fare. If it's a KLM code you would earn miles based on a € multiple of the fare...
Old Jul 8, 2020, 2:20 pm

Originally Posted by jfkeze
Still cautious but Aeromexico has some interesting fares both in J and their version of Y+ which is called AM Plus, seems to be Y seat/service but with more legroom and books into W class which credits as RDMs 125%, MQMs 150%, MQDs 25%. I'm of the belief that AM,LA,AV are too big too fail considering the impact they have on the local economies and countries. Not confident that VA falls in the too big too fail category...

Google Flights

MIA-AMS would earn 21015 MQMs 3502 MQDs 3.06 MQD Ratio
Delta Diamond members would obtain 38527 RDMs, Platinum 31522 RDMs, Gold 28020 RDMs, Silver 24517 RDMs, Base 17512 RDMs
Thanks! I'll keep an eye on these.
Old Sep 21, 2020, 2:43 pm

Programs: DL - Platinum
This is my first post on flyer talk. I travel for work and get Platinum Medallion each year. I want to reach Diamond in 2021, and I would like to front the year with a mileage run.

Departure Airport: AUS (DFW/DAL if it makes sense)
MQMs: ~ 20,000
Required Spend or Budget: $2,000 (prefer to spend less)
Available Travel Dates: January 15th - March 15th
Required Metal or Codeshares: Both Okay

Platinum Medallion. Delta Reserve Amex.
Old Sep 22, 2020, 5:51 am

Originally Posted by cirenodnarb
This is my first post on flyer talk. I travel for work and get Platinum Medallion each year. I want to reach Diamond in 2021, and I would like to front the year with a mileage run.

Departure Airport: AUS (DFW/DAL if it makes sense)
MQMs: ~ 20,000
Required Spend or Budget: $2,000 (prefer to spend less)
Available Travel Dates: January 15th - March 15th
Required Metal or Codeshares: Both Okay

Platinum Medallion. Delta Reserve Amex.
Can you fly out of IAH? IAH-MEX-AMS in Business Class for $1663..

Google Flights

IAH-AMS would earn 19476 MQMs 5194 MQDs 3.12 MQD Ratio

Delta Diamond members would obtain 57129 RDMs, Platinum 46742 RDMs, Gold 41548 RDMs, Silver 36355 RDMs, Base 25968 RDMs
Old Sep 27, 2020, 9:41 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA EXP, Hilton Diamond, Wyndham Diamond, DL PM, Marriott Platinum, IHG Platinum
Mileage Run from LAX on 10/09

Departure Airport: LAX
Miles Needed: 4000+ MQM
Budget under 6 cent per mile

Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.