Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] CA: Business Class OSL to BKK 475€

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[PREM FARE GONE] CA: Business Class OSL to BKK 475€

Search this Thread

Old Nov 17, 2019, 3:41 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by ChocolateFactory
When you travel intra-Europe in “SAS Plus” (premium economy/business class) without checked bags, SAS has an unofficial policy of letting you switch to an earlier flight.
Thanks for that info.

I know get it. This is like the free same-day changes on BA when on a CE cash ticket.

It's pretty generous that, apparently, SK does this even in cases the customer ain't on SK ticket stock and where the SK flight is just a feeder.
Old Nov 17, 2019, 7:06 am

Programs: SK Gold, ITA Executive, Sixt Diamond, Hertz PC, Avis PC, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by ChocolateFactory
As this ticket booked into... was it D? - I think you might be lucky.
Some of them into J (unless that's CA J that would map into SK D?)

I guess for those flying in winter, the issue could be pertinent when you have 1h20m in ARN, (that also requires passport control), in case there are any weather related delays.
Old Nov 17, 2019, 7:08 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, A3 Gold, Sixt Diamond
Just to be clear, I have no experience with tickets issues by other carriers. This is just my experience from flying SK on their own tickets, so please don’t rely on this information to be 100% correct.
jms_uk likes this.
Old Nov 18, 2019, 5:51 pm

Programs: LX-SEN, KL-Gold, BA-Gold, LA-Comodoro
Originally Posted by SK AAR
If you have a over night connection at CPH, it may be possible to ask for your bags to be checked to CPH only and once you get to CPH you ditch the last segment to OSL and fly from CPH to PRG (it may be easier). But you need a over night / a very long connection at CPH; otherwise the check-in staff will refuse to short check your bags to CPH only.
Is this based on your own experience with CA/SK Routing Combinations? My experience with them is that they sometimes are not even able to check the luggage through if you have a complicated routing before the last non-CA segment (or they simply don't want to do it...).

I once flew HND-PEK-PVG-FRA-ZRH (the last leg with LH) and they said in HND that they can't check the luggage through for the last segment on LH. So actually I am not so sure if they would really care if you would only check the luggage in BKK for their "own" segments until ARN or CPH, but of course I can't guarantee it.
Old Nov 19, 2019, 2:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
No, I have only done pure CA flights (not in combination with SK or other carriers). If on 1 ticket I would be very surprised (and disappointed) if CA was unable to check bags to final destination even if last segment is operated by other carrier, e.g. SK.

My word of caution was based on the practice of most airlines refusing to short check bags. Indeed, it may be that the OP will be able to find a CA check-in agent that agree to short check the bag to CPH but advising the OP that this in general will be accepted by CA check-in staff is in my opinion wrong and the OP may easily be disappointed on the day of traveling when the check-in staff refuse to tag the bag to CPH and insist to check it to OSL. (obviously, if really needed the OP will nevertheless be able to pick-up the bag at CPH when he/she doesn't board the CPH-OSL flight and the bag will be offloaded consequently, but it is much more complicated and presumably also time consuming).
Old Nov 19, 2019, 2:39 am

Programs: SK Gold, ITA Executive, Sixt Diamond, Hertz PC, Avis PC, IHG Platinum
@skycruiserNL
What was biz like on the B77W to BKK?
Old Nov 19, 2019, 4:44 pm

Programs: LX-SEN, KL-Gold, BA-Gold, LA-Comodoro
Originally Posted by SK AAR
No, I have only done pure CA flights (not in combination with SK or other carriers). If on 1 ticket I would be very surprised (and disappointed) if CA was unable to check bags to final destination even if last segment is operated by other carrier, e.g. SK.

My word of caution was based on the practice of most airlines refusing to short check bags. Indeed, it may be that the OP will be able to find a CA check-in agent that agree to short check the bag to CPH but advising the OP that this in general will be accepted by CA check-in staff is in my opinion wrong and the OP may easily be disappointed on the day of traveling when the check-in staff refuse to tag the bag to CPH and insist to check it to OSL. (obviously, if really needed the OP will nevertheless be able to pick-up the bag at CPH when he/she doesn't board the CPH-OSL flight and the bag will be offloaded consequently, but it is much more complicated and presumably also time consuming).
Fully agreed!
Old Nov 20, 2019, 5:26 am

Programs: TK Elite, QR Gold
Originally Posted by 8mh
Thanks for the suggestion. I'm on the fence about that, too. My only viable award option is using M&M miles and the price is 35k miles plus EUR 75. Ultimately, I might wait a little longer even if I lose certain booking classes on my positioning flights due to advanced ticketing restrictions.

Back-to-topic: Anybody flying earlier than the third week of November?

If not, and if it doesn't end up being cancelled, I guess I'll have to report back here.
Hi 8mh, this is the 3rd week of November. Are you flying in the coming days or already inflight - please let us know how it goes. Would definitely like to hear about the longhaul segments and PEK-BKK segments. thanks in advance
thanaset likes this.
Old Nov 27, 2019, 12:38 am

Programs: TK Elite, FB Gold
In the case of a schedule change, would you be rebooked on an earlier flight of your choice even if your original booking class is not available?
Old Nov 27, 2019, 2:30 am

Programs: TK Elite, QR Gold
I also see this information, along with my rez - will wait before calling.

our flight to Bangkok has changed, please call your local office or call center.
Old Nov 27, 2019, 5:11 am

Originally Posted by B0gdan
In the case of a schedule change, would you be rebooked on an earlier flight of your choice even if your original booking class is not available?
It's up to the airline and depending on the impact of the change. As a rule of thumb: if it's over an hour, you're probably free to change to another flight/routing (on their metal) that suits you. Fare class is not that important.
Old Nov 27, 2019, 5:56 am

Programs: TK Elite, FB Gold
I was under the impression it was anything over 15 minutes. In this case, it's 20 minutes which is admittedly not serious but should still open the door for a change.
Old Nov 27, 2019, 8:11 am

Programs: BA, JAL
I didn't hear about any changes so your flights must be next year.
Old Nov 28, 2019, 11:09 am

Programs: DL GM, TK Elite+, ITA Executive, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Silver, Accor Plat
There is a slight change (1355 to 1415) on the 959 PEK-BKK in May AFAIK.
Doubt this will open up chances to change the routing, although I guess ppl are kinda tempted to get on a 747/777 or even 359 somehow
RollAnotherFatOne likes this.
Old Nov 29, 2019, 2:40 am

I am in Oslo now, pending check in. Anyone can recommend a FFP in *A for a total noob where this ticket would do particularly well (I only have ST and OW statuses)?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.