Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

(Premium Fare Gone): One World: KTM-various USA from $1100 o/w; $2200 r/t

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

(Premium Fare Gone): One World: KTM-various USA from $1100 o/w; $2200 r/t

Search this Thread

Old Oct 7, 2018, 7:39 pm

Originally Posted by frebay
Good to know. Thanks.

Anyone able to add a jfk-lax segment?
It's available via HKG.
Old Oct 7, 2018, 8:13 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by qupasyd
It would be great to be able to credit the whole international portion of this to Alaska. But I guess the KE flights, being AA-marketed, wouldn't count?
Some appear in the results as codeshares, some are operated and have flight numbers of KE & AA respectively.

I booked a ticket with KE and AA flight numbers and I expect to receive full credit on the KTM>ICN and ICN>DFW segments with Alaska as per the rules stated on their website. The AA flight from DFW to LGA won't earn because it's domestic AA, which Alaska does not credit for.

Also, Zoqfotpik, thank you for your help. I did not have luck entering the extension box codes, even using your same dates. I guess I have to dive into the flyertalk archives and youtube videos to figure out how to use the ITA matrix. I just turned 40... Once you turn 40 does all aptitude for techie things just instantly disappear?
Old Oct 8, 2018, 2:47 am

Programs: AA,UA SLV, SPG GLD,Hyatt GP Plat.,National Exec., Hertz Platinum
Looks to be dead.
Old Oct 8, 2018, 4:35 am

Originally Posted by jonmichaellombardini
... I just turned 40... Once you turn 40 does all aptitude for techie things just instantly disappear?
Nothing happens at 40 that affects learning. But your eyesight will be getting progressively worse.
Old Oct 8, 2018, 6:30 am

Programs: NH AMC, EY Guest Silver,MPC GO
Originally Posted by tahsir21
Looks to be dead.

still able to pull from ITA
Old Oct 8, 2018, 9:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It is an AA fare. KE can only be booked for connecting segments.
Old Oct 8, 2018, 9:38 am

Originally Posted by jonmichaellombardini
Also, Zoqfotpik, thank you for your help. I did not have luck entering the extension box codes, even using your same dates. I guess I have to dive into the flyertalk archives and youtube videos to figure out how to use the ITA matrix. I just turned 40... Once you turn 40 does all aptitude for techie things just instantly disappear?
Re: ITA Matrix... Hope this helps! You may have to play around with the dates, but this is generally what I use to construct fares... specify which airports you want to connect, and which airlines you want to connect on. You can then do stuff like the second pic Enjoy! PS Always reverse the routing on the return flight!

Old Oct 8, 2018, 11:55 am

LOL... nice, but that's way too many flight segment for me to gamble on.
Old Oct 8, 2018, 12:08 pm

Programs: BMI Diamond Club Gold forever
Well Gino, if you ticketed and flew that monstrosity of an itinerary on the former AA JR fare between BOM and PTY then I no longer have any questions as to why AA cleaned house on all the legacy AA JR and FR fares ex-India ;-) Those will all be missed...

On your sharing the various codes you put in ITA, those are helpful. I'll add a few more suggestions that I use to figure out options and max out routing rules.

First, I tend to put in the f bc=R (or whatever fare code it is) in the right hand box where you specify carrier and second I experiment with cities in left hand box. That was how I built out a few nice itineraries for those old India PTY fares and the BOM-MEX fare that allowed EY apartments.

For this specific R fare, the C3 transfers are extremely limited, but there are others that have allowed lots of 23 hour stops... enough to say grab a one day tour of Angkor Wat and then zip on for a bowl of Pho in Saigon, etc. So the city approach can work well, leaving carrier unspecified. In addition, I recommend using the fare booking code and leaving the class at lowest available, because there are some times where you will miss a single class connection option where you would be willing to take one, like Bangkok Airways, to transit through a cool place (or many cool places). Specifying only a string of cities can show you the possibilities, without having to look at interline agreements or make guesses about other restrictions that might exist down in the plumbing of the airline reservation systems. Once you know the possible, you can go back and do multi segment searches with specific carrier and flight #s to do things like maximize the 24 hours you have to transfer. In the case the fare specifies unlimited transfers, is not a routing fare and has few if any carrier flight restrictions specified (yeah, a bit like finding a unicorn) you can string together some pretty wild itineraries.

But the most important lesson is that if you use the F bc=[fare basis code] and a set of cities you know work, plus do the monthly view, we would get a whole heck of lot fewer false "Fare Gone" claims in these threads. Absent having EF to look up the fare, that sort of search is fare better at confirming the fare is available before issuing a false alarm.
Old Oct 8, 2018, 12:24 pm

Originally Posted by stephem
Well Gino, if you ticketed and flew that monstrosity of an itinerary on the former AA JR fare between BOM and PTY then I no longer have any questions as to why AA cleaned house on all the legacy AA JR and FR fares ex-India ;-) Those will all be missed...
Haha I would never ever fly something like that! Hurts just looking at it... The above itin was just an example on how to exploit the "Unlimited Transfers Permitted" part of the fare and the power of ITA Matrix.

Still waiting on your response... I need an F fare out of CGK! ISB-US is too hard to get to and ALG-GRU is way too limited in terms of dates...

Anyone that knows of a good ex-CGK F fare, feel free to PM me!
Old Oct 8, 2018, 12:26 pm

Programs: A3 *G, AA exePlat, AS MVP 75k Gold, JL sapphire, UA silver
Isnt it more than 16 coupon for an eticket?
Old Oct 8, 2018, 1:44 pm

Originally Posted by Gino Troian
Haha I would never ever fly something like that! Hurts just looking at it... The above itin was just an example on how to exploit the "Unlimited Transfers Permitted" part of the fare and the power of ITA Matrix.

Still waiting on your response... I need an F fare out of CGK! ISB-US is too hard to get to and ALG-GRU is way too limited in terms of dates...

Anyone that knows of a good ex-CGK F fare, feel free to PM me!
There is one last remaining IATA YY fare CCU-MEX with a decent MPM and the flex of a YY fare. In F its like $3k ow and $5k rt. Not a stellar deal , but it’s whats left! I guess remaining YYs will all be pulled at the end of the month though.
Old Oct 8, 2018, 1:45 pm

Programs: A3 *G, AA exePlat, AS MVP 75k Gold, JL sapphire, UA silver

There is one last remaining IATA YY fare CCU-MEX with a decent MPM and the flex of a YY fare. In F its like $3k ow and $5k rt. Not a stellar deal , but it’s whats left! I guess remaining YYs will all be pulled at the end of the month though.

all YY fare are phrased out?

found the news.
https://www.iata.org/pressroom/pr/Pa...-07-06-02.aspx
Old Oct 8, 2018, 2:00 pm

Thanks Stephem. I could never figure out how to price out YY fares... is it possible on ITA matrix?
Old Oct 8, 2018, 4:11 pm

Originally Posted by Gino Troian
Thanks Stephem. I could never figure out how to price out YY fares... is it possible on ITA matrix?

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/6722539-post17.html

you should be able to include YY in the airline place in a fare basis querry as in

F YY.CCU+MEX.F

Too bad F AA.BOM+MEX.F doesnt return what it did when that fare was around and there was an AA coded AUH-JFK flight with Apartments ;-)

But i digress. On this AA R fare, the real value
is in the 25k upgrade to F, but that seems to get you into higher fuel surcharges on CX. It’s only $80 to fly from DEL-KTM, so definitely a good one to consider for those who would be in India for work or vacay.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.