Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

(Premium Fare Gone): One World: KTM-various USA from $1100 o/w; $2200 r/t

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

(Premium Fare Gone): One World: KTM-various USA from $1100 o/w; $2200 r/t

Search this Thread

Old Jul 5, 2019, 2:47 am
formerly Guanran Wang

Programs: Alaska, BAEC, Asiana, Aegean, Enrich, Marriott/SPG, Hilton
Originally Posted by Guanran Wang
The easiest way to position to KTM is from India, flight from DEL direct cost less than 100USD o/w throughout the year on AI. There is even a Druk Air (Air Bhutan) service between KTM-DEL which is really cool to fly for the novelty, slightly more expensive than AI but still around the 100/100USD range. BOM also have direct service with once daily Nepal Airline, selling at 110-120USD range for Y class.
Another way is from Hong Kong, award availability on HKG-KTM is awesome, often can see more than 4 Y and at least 2 J avail throughout the year. KA flies only 4 weekly to KTM and J class is a very uncomfortable recliner. YR surcharge for KA on HKG-KTM is around 550HKD (70USD) plus applicable taxes. Can be booked by BA with 11K Avios for Y and 22K Avios for J.
For an additional TP run for BAEC members, you can also consider starting your journey from TPE and fly MH in J via KUL. This will yield 4x140=560TP for an RT (both legs slightly above 2000miles) and periodically you see the prices for RT J TPE-KUL-KTM (and reverse) between an 800-1000USD range.
In addition to these above. You can also fly PVG-KUL-KTM RT in J for 1090USD year round, in 330 for PVG legs and 737 for KTM legs. 560TP. o/w is quite expensive at 75% RT fare
Old Jul 14, 2019, 1:48 am

Programs: BA G CX S AS G DL PM
Right now everything prices as I class (instead of R)... Anyone knows why?
Old Jul 14, 2019, 1:49 am

Programs: BA G CX S AS G DL PM
trying to upgrade to A without the outrageous 550$$
Old Jul 14, 2019, 7:12 am

Programs: BMI Diamond Club Gold forever
The exKTM R class fares were pulled and now there is only an I fare in place for AA. Thats effective July 10.
ft543, b.xiao and nickohrn like this.
Old Jul 15, 2019, 11:21 am

Programs: SPG G, HH G, Marriott:G, BW Diamond, CC:Gold
Is this fare still available? Trying to find for October/November but couldn't find any.
Old Jan 4, 2020, 11:19 pm

Programs: BMI Diamond Club Gold forever
We just flew the KTM-HKG segment and are now waiting in HKG for the AA flight to LAX. What a terrible flight from KTM, in no way worth the pain to get cheap AA F on the next segment. Getting to KtM in the winter with bad smog in N India and storms rolling thru KTM was a ....., KTM was less fun than we expected (weather was awful) and the chaos of getting into and out of KTM (the foreigner line at immigration had no staffing for about 30 minutes when we left) makes this just not worth it in our mind. The slightly more expensive SQ flights ex-India are a way better deal in my mind. Wish i had grabbed those as i could have routed straight into our home airport (SEA) instead of having a connection in LAX. Lesson learned, 4 grumpy family members with me reminding me of that!

I flew exCMB fares for years and tolerated the crummy initial segment out of CMB, but at least you could get those as daytime flights on a recliner. This really sucked and I regret dragging us all up to KTM for this, as cheap as it may be for the AA F experience we get this evening.

edited to add- The new Marriott in KTM is nice, a good refuge and easy to get to if you are doing a quick overnight. Good creature comforts and great staff. We also somehow got transfer visas (way cheaper) eve though our stay was 36 hours. Seems like you can get the transfer visa if you arrive on day 1 (anytime) and depart before midnight on day 2.

Last edited by stephem; Jan 5, 2020 at 12:07 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.