Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] DL/AF "La Première" TUN-MEX (via USA) $4K

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 20, 2019, 11:18 pm
Original Poster

Pretty good F fare from Tunisia to Mexico City via the US (for the 777). Fully flexible and unrestricted fare; unlimited stopovers and transfers permitted (oh baby!).
You can route via the West Coast (SFO, LAX) for about $400 more (totally worth it for the longer flight!).
Business (Z) available for $2,400 but much more restrictive.

raporot, helvetic and jumbooze like this.
Old Jan 21, 2019, 1:54 am

Programs: TK Elite, FB Gold
That last route is so tempting. Imagining all the XPs and my eyes are glowing.
Old Jan 21, 2019, 2:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Now this getting exciting. Just how many sectors can one add i wonder. Probably not any sense adding too many because the domestic US sectors don't get very much. Would be good to build some time in CDG if possible to enjoy the 1st class lounge.

4,000 dollars makes me catch my breath though, it's a lot of dough if you're going on your own dime. But AF Première is one of the best products in the world and that's a good price for it.
Old Jan 21, 2019, 5:17 am

Programs: Flyng Blue, AAdvantage, Eurobonus, Miles and more
Hi.
Airfare tickets are often good deals when you leave from TUNIS.
But once again, if you need transit visa in Tunis : be sure you could have it before buying your tickets...
Tunisian authorities go very very slow to give visa or to reject without raisonable reasons........
February 2018, I lost a business class ticket because of those "authorities"...

Take care about tunisian taxis if you have an overnight in Tunis : I have a very sad expériment about that !
I complained to a tunisian "policeman" for the not correct fare asked by a taxi driver (double of the normal price) at the airport taxi stand .
The policeman took the driver s side and answer me in a very bad english and roughtly that i am a french tourist and i could pay !

Think twice before buying those tickets !
Old Jan 21, 2019, 5:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

You're just echoing some fears that were running through my mind. I've always thought, Tunisia can be ok if you go in on a package, otherwise could be a bit dodgy
Old Jan 21, 2019, 5:31 am

Can you do direct return? Do you still need visa?
Old Jan 21, 2019, 6:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I fear it may be treated like China or Russia, where immediate turnarounds are treated like arrivals and therefore require visas. Even if the turnaround is on a separate ticket. Obviously if you have an onward ticket to a third country then you can benefit from TWOV. Now it would be interesting to see what happens if you arrive from Italy, with an onward departure to France. Or vv.
Old Jan 21, 2019, 6:37 am

Programs: LH, BA
I have done many flights in the last 3 years from Tunis. The fares on STAR to the US and Canada are so tempting. I've done it with over night stays, as well as direct returns to Frankfurt. There was never a problem, as I have reserved the transportation through the hotel, nor was there a need for a Visa. I'm holding an European passport.
glennhaak likes this.
Old Jan 21, 2019, 6:39 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, BA Gold, A3 Gold
I asked Ambassade de Tunisie in Prague last year, and they confirmed in writing for TWOV, that as Czech citizen, I am not required to obtain VISA and immediate turnaround (from/to Italy). However, I did not take the flight in the end, so no real-life experience.
Old Jan 21, 2019, 6:48 am

Programs: LH, BA
My last DIRECT RETURN was 2 weeks ago and I didn't had any problems. I was flying in and out with Lufthansa.
Old Jan 21, 2019, 7:06 am

can someone post a google flight link for this fare? i tried but could not get LAX layover to come up.
Old Jan 21, 2019, 9:46 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
On DL, the F and J segments should earn 200% MQMs while Z and I (discounted business class) gets 150%.
Gino Troian likes this.
Old Jan 21, 2019, 10:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by jhmili
Hi.
Airfare tickets are often good deals when you leave from TUNIS.
But once again, if you need transit visa in Tunis : be sure you could have it before buying your tickets...
Tunisian authorities go very very slow to give visa or to reject without raisonable reasons........
February 2018, I lost a business class ticket because of those "authorities"...

Take care about tunisian taxis if you have an overnight in Tunis : I have a very sad expériment about that !
I complained to a tunisian "policeman" for the not correct fare asked by a taxi driver (double of the normal price) at the airport taxi stand .
The policeman took the driver s side and answer me in a very bad english and roughtly that i am a french tourist and i could pay !

Think twice before buying those tickets !
I am confused by your post : if you are French, you don’t need a visa to go to Tunisia and why a policeman would speak to you in English as they all speak French
Old Jan 21, 2019, 11:32 am

Has anyone successfully booked this with delta or air france directly?
Old Jan 21, 2019, 11:42 am

Programs: Flyng Blue, AAdvantage, Eurobonus, Miles and more
Originally Posted by Goldorak

I am confused by your post : if you are French, you don’t need a visa to go to Tunisia and why a policeman would speak to you in English as they all speak French
I bought 2 tickets, one for me and one for my companion who is stranger and needed transit visa...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.