Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[prem fare gone]: AA: $1,170 OW $1,835 RT Business HKG-Mexico ACT FAST

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[prem fare gone]: AA: $1,170 OW $1,835 RT Business HKG-Mexico ACT FAST

Search this Thread

Old Jan 5, 2019, 3:11 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by absoluy

Using the HK Amadeus site? I was trying the multi city but just kept erroring out after putting in personal details but before the payment page.
I take that back. It's erroring out for me as well. I'll try the AA Mexico site.

Last edited by Pochama; Jan 5, 2019 at 4:30 pm
Old Jan 5, 2019, 4:38 pm
Suspended

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by Pochama
I take that back. It's erroring out for me as well. I'll try the AA Mexico site.
I've tried HK, US and MX, all with the same result - errors out before the payment page. US website gives:

Choose a different flight or fare

We're sorry but at least one of the flights or fares you chose is no longer available.
Old Jan 6, 2019, 1:45 am

Programs: HGP Globalist, SPG P100, Hilton Dia
Just booked two tickets. HKG-LAX-MIA-CUN. 8380HKD per person.

After getting errors from the multi-city search function, I had to use the one-way search (doesn't matter which website's country) to book it.

There are very few dates left.

Also, the last leg MIA-CUN is booked into Y class.
Old Jan 6, 2019, 9:16 am

Programs: AA-EXP & 1MM+, AS, MR-LTT, HH Gold
Originally Posted by RunningforMiles
Today I was able to book HKG-LAX-JFK-CUN using a Mexico point of sale, since the fare was erroring out on the HK and US sites.
Thanks.
Will try that!
Anything in Oct-Nov?
Old Jan 6, 2019, 1:23 pm

Programs: AA, CX, AS, DL / Hilton, SPG
Originally Posted by allset2travel
Thanks.
Will try that!
Anything in Oct-Nov?
It looks like Oct 4, 5, and 10th are still available.
allset2travel likes this.
Old Jan 6, 2019, 1:46 pm

Programs: UA-1K 3MM, AA Executive Platinum, Marriott Titanium Life Elite, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
For Oct 4, 5,10th how many days are you planning? I have tried several days but it always comes up $3250 USD on Kayak for example.
Old Jan 6, 2019, 2:32 pm

Programs: BMI Diamond Club Gold forever
While the OTAs, including even AA may not show it, this is widely available. You may need to use a real live TA to book if you cannot get an OTA to do the trick. But i looked again and there is not a day of the week in October where i was unable to find I bucket space all the way through to MEX and other cities that have this fare.
Old Jan 6, 2019, 5:45 pm

Programs: QR Platinum / SQ Gold
Would I be able to book HKG-DFW-MIA-CUN or HKG-LAX-MIA-CUN and not fly the last segment. I‘m searching for a option to fly from Asia into MIA. 1) i plan to credit the flight into my QR Privileg Club Account, if I skip last leg any issue 2) any issue with AA 3) any issue with immigration. (FYI, I plan to book an outbound ticket back to Asia with QR miles: MIA-DOH-BKK
Old Jan 6, 2019, 6:21 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Yenakad
Would I be able to book HKG-DFW-MIA-CUN or HKG-LAX-MIA-CUN and not fly the last segment. I‘m searching for a option to fly from Asia into MIA. 1) i plan to credit the flight into my QR Privileg Club Account, if I skip last leg any issue 2) any issue with AA 3) any issue with immigration. (FYI, I plan to book an outbound ticket back to Asia with QR miles: MIA-DOH-BKK
It generally isn’t an issue. Maybe if you do it often and are crediting to AA then it could be more problematic.

Just be sure to be totally upfront with the immigration officers on the purpose / length of your visit. You don’t need to go into details about not going on to CUN, but just that you’re in transit/having a stopover in MIA.
Old Jan 6, 2019, 9:18 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, Starwood Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Great fare, but I need EQDs and missed out on the CX deal. I'm hoping for a QR sale soon.
Old Jan 7, 2019, 10:34 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K (until it expires then never again), *wood Plat, Marriott Gold
I was able to grab HKG-LAX-DFW-MEX with HKG-LAX booked in business and LAX-DFW-MEX in economy with an SWU applied to upgrade HKG-LAX to F for $1169.00 that will be used for my return from HAN as part of the CX deal; while yes the EQDs are low but I get a good deal of EQDs from CX deal and the double EQMs on this leg are nice.
E55 likes this.
Old Jan 8, 2019, 7:38 am

It generally isn’t an issue. Maybe if you do it often and are crediting to AA then it could be more problematic.

Just be sure to be totally upfront with the immigration officers on the purpose / length of your visit. You don’t need to go into details about not going on to CUN, but just that you’re in transit/having a stopover in MIA.
Is there a issue with checked luggage? I assume I need to retrieve my luggage first in LAX or DFW but can I short check my luggage for the flight LAX-MIA-CUN or DFW-MIA-CUN only till MIA or is it through checked till CUN?
Old Jan 8, 2019, 12:03 pm
Suspended

Is there a issue with checked luggage? I assume I need to retrieve my luggage first in LAX or DFW but can I short check my luggage for the flight LAX-MIA-CUN or DFW-MIA-CUN only till MIA or is it through checked till CUN?
In most US airports you need to pick up your bag after immigration to clear customs and recheck it. I think some airports trialed a system where you weren’t forced to recheck (i want to say MIA and/or DFW were one of them, but I’m not sure). If you can get away without checking bags at all then that would be much easier / safer.
E55 likes this.
Old Jan 8, 2019, 5:25 pm

In most US airports you need to pick up your bag after immigration to clear customs and recheck it. I think some airports trialed a system where you weren’t forced to recheck (i want to say MIA and/or DFW were one of them, but I’m not sure). If you can get away without checking bags at all then that would be much easier / safer.
We definitely have checked baggage. However we have a layover (not overnight) in MIA of 13hours 8minutes. I read about cut-off time of 11 or 12 hours but not clear information. Any advice for worste case scenario if we are not able (eg miss the flight in MIA and claim the Baggage back?)
Old Jan 8, 2019, 6:11 pm
Suspended

We definitely have checked baggage. However we have a layover (not overnight) in MIA of 13hours 8minutes. I read about cut-off time of 11 or 12 hours but not clear information. Any advice for worste case scenario if we are not able (eg miss the flight in MIA and claim the Baggage back?)
It looks like you'll have to pick them up in DFW and then recheck... whether they'll let you recheck to MIA or not is unclear. I would guess they'd be OK with only checking them to MIA given your long layover.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.