Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] AZ: BCN - LAX £456 in J....

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 14, 2019, 10:34 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: kevinflyaway
Code:
Please post you departure dates and routes below:

March
 MARCH 07 BCN - FCO - LAX Madeiraportugal
 MARCH 11 PacificTwo
 MARCH 11 BCN-FCO-JFK UAPremierGuy
 MARCH 14 LAX - CDG - FCO - BCN Madeiraportugal
 MARCH 19 BCN-FCO-CDG GlennHaak
 MARCH 19 MAD-FCO-JFK beyounged
 MARCH 20 CDG-LAX GlennHaak
 MARCH 25 BCN-FCO-JFK JonEJacobs
 MARCH 25 JFK-FCO-MAD beyounged
 MARCH 28 LAX-FCO-BCN GlennHaak

April
 APRIL 01 BCN-FCO-LAX - idiosyncrasy
 APRIL 04 BCN - FCO - CDG (+1) - LAX Mister Miles
 APRIL 05 JFK-FCO-BCN JonEJacobs
 APRIL 08 BCN - FCO - LAX - honzeek_cz
 APRIL 08 FCO-CDG JNLentertainment
 APRIL 09 CDG-LAX - JNLentertainment
 APRIL 09 LAX - JFK - FCO - BCN Mister Miles
 APRIL 23 LAX-CDG honzeek_cz
 APRIL 24 CDG-FCO-BCN honzeek_cz
 APRIL 25 MAD-LIN honzeek_cz
 APRIL 25 LAX-CDG-FCO-BCN idiosyncrasy
 APRIL 26 LIN-CDG-LAX honzeek_cz
 APRIL 29 LAX-FCO honzeek_cz
 APRIL 30 FCO-MAD honzeek_cz
 APRIL 30 MAD-FCO Maayan

May
 MAY 01 FCO-LAX Maayan
 MAY 01 BCN-FCO-JFK ramalair
 MAY 02 BCN-FCO-JFK e30st
 MAY 02 BCN-FCO / MAY 03 FCO-LAX Travel-Quinten
 MAY 02 BCN-FCO-LAX Wildwater
 MAY 02 BCN-FCO / MAY 03 FCO-LAX bmibaby737
 MAY 06 JFK-FCO-BCN (+1) e30st
 MAY 06 LAX-FCO-BCN (+1) Travel-Quinten
 MAY 06 LAX-FCO-BCN Wildwater
 MAY 06 LAX-JFK-FCO / MAY 07 FCO-BCN bmibaby737
 MAY 08 LAX-FCO-MAD Maayan
 MAY 09 JFK-FCO-BCN ramalair
 MAY 09 LAX- FCO JNLentertainment
 MAY 09 FCO-BCN JNLentertainment

September

October

November
 Nov 7 BCN - FCO - JFK ExpatSomchai
 Nov 11 JFK - FCO - BCN (+1) ExpatSomchai
Print Wikipost

[PREM FARE GONE] AZ: BCN - LAX £456 in J....

Search this Thread

Old Jan 25, 2019, 11:54 am

As previously stated, we wait for the first to fly in Feb/Mar!
Oxymore and bmibaby737 like this.
Old Jan 25, 2019, 4:29 pm

Programs: AF/KL Plat, AA Plat, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by irishguy28
Alitalia is not a one-man operation. You cannot ring up and speak to the person that will ultimately decide on the fate of these tickets, so engaging with someone on an Alitalia phoneline, or getting them to "confirm" that the reservation exists in the form that you can already see yourself by checking your reservation, in no way prevents the possibility of future changes being made to your ticket.

Think of it this way - today, you might have a confirmed ticket, on a Lufthansa flight that is set to operate without delay, and a specific seat has been assigned. That does not insulate you against any future flight changes/cancellations/bumping. Lufthansa may change the plane type tomorrow and you lose your seat; problems may occur and the flight gets delayed or cancelled; they may severely overbook and your confirmed ticket may not be accepted for travel on the service you were previously advised would operate without any hitch; they may decide to cancel the route, and rebook you on a completely different itinerary on their partners or offer you a full refund. Being assured to day that something is true, doesn't mean it can't change in the future.

Speaking to a third-party contractor sitting in a call centre in Albania and "enquiring" about your reservation will just result in a low-level employee - or non-employee - merely telling you what they see on their screen, which is unlikely to be any different than what you can call up on your screen. It in no way acts as a "test" for Alitalia to immediately come to a final decision on the fate of your ticket, so ringing up in order to "secure" your ticket (if that's the reason) is pointless. The person who you speak to will have no authority to make any such decisions, and is unlikely to have any interest in flagging your ticket for further investigation (you can be sure AZ know all about your ticket already). The person you are speaking to is, in fact, more interested in getting you off the line ASAP.

By all means, ring up for a seat assignment if you want. Just don't expect that merely calling up will fortify your booking in any meaningful way.
I'd like to respond to this by stating that I am well aware of all of this (even though comparing operational issues like those in your example to the present situation, I think, is quite a stretch). I personally did not call anyone. I was merely collecting data points, which, while they don't guarantee anything, can still give us an idea of where we currently stand: two people, including one who had difficulties managing his/her reservation online, were told by the call center that their tickets are fine.

While this is not equivalent, by any means, for example to CX or NZ issuing a statement, it tells us one thing: the tickets are currently open for use and there is no derogatory remark on the booking for the reservations agent to see. Also, the first person to call got a nasty response and was told to wait for a call that never came, and their tickets remained unchanged; but everyone who called after that was told that all is well.

Also, these tickets were now issued more than 3 weeks ago, and while the following is true:
If a decision is taken to void/cancel these tickets, it can still be taken at any time, and will be taken in a totally different venue, by people of a much higher pay grade. And they will do so on their own schedule - they will not be bound in any way by the timing of your call.
3 weeks is a long time overall to take action to rectify a mistake if there is a mistake to rectify.

Ringing up to have a low-level Alitalia employee/non-employee confirm what you already know - that the booking exists - in no way gives you any further evidence/protection than you already have by your e-ticket and printed confirmations.

Your booking is valid, until it isn't.
Except that waiting until someone is ready to board to invalidate a booking would be an extremely unprofessional show of bad faith, and would not make AZ's situation better as they would likely increase drastically their liability and legal exposure vs. cancelling within days or even a week.
Old Jan 26, 2019, 7:12 am

Originally Posted by CX828
I for one am not prepared to invest in hotels and other flights, if I can't be 100% sure I will be flown in J. At this point I am not 100% sure. Neither is the airline 100% sure . . .
If you want 100% certainty you probably should not be travelling at all, but definitely you should not book any flash sales!

Apart from that you might want to look into flexible/refundable bookings for the hotels and flights you require around this itinerary @:-)
Old Jan 26, 2019, 9:14 am

Programs: DL Gold, AS MVP Gold
@honzeek_cz just looking at the wiki, are you going to do back-to-back ticketing, combining it with another LAX-EU return? Is it safe to do back to back ticketing on TATL flights? I have a good fueldump opportunity, but the 7-day minimum stay makes it unusable for me, however with back to back I could use it.
Old Jan 27, 2019, 5:13 pm

Programs: Air: QR Silver. BA Silver Emirates, Hotels: CC Gold, IHG Spire AMB, Hilton Diamond.
Was this originally posted in the premium fares subforum ?

Is that where all of these [PREM FARE GONE] posts / threads are initially posted while they are live ?
Old Jan 28, 2019, 12:32 am

Originally Posted by Sisyphus1carus
Was this originally posted in the premium fares subforum ?

Is that where all of these [PREM FARE GONE] posts / threads are initially posted while they are live ?
Yes, that's correct.
Old Jan 31, 2019, 4:20 pm

Programs: GOLD: AZ....maybe :-P
Is it in Feb or March the first fly?
Old Feb 1, 2019, 12:52 pm

Programs: BAEC Blue, Flying Blue Silver, Hilton Gold, Marriot Gold
Originally Posted by KiteM
Is it in Feb or March the first fly?
march.
Old Feb 1, 2019, 2:13 pm

It has now been 4 weeks since the tickets were booked, and it doesn't look like anyone heard from AZ?
Old Feb 2, 2019, 3:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yeah - maybe their thinking is: Don't give people any certainty, and some will cancel or no-show.

I hope the first few travelers are OK with the uncertainty.
Old Feb 2, 2019, 3:55 am

Originally Posted by josephstern
Yeah - maybe their thinking is: Don't give people any certainty, and some will cancel or no-show.

I hope the first few travelers are OK with the uncertainty.
Cancel or no-show on non-refundable ticket? I'm sure this is one of the least likely lines AZ can take here...
irishguy28 likes this.
Old Feb 2, 2019, 7:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by maxvor
Cancel or no-show on non-refundable ticket? I'm sure this is one of the least likely lines AZ can take here...
They’re not owning it. They sound pretty pissed.

So so what’s the best move in that situation?
Old Feb 2, 2019, 8:32 am

Why?
Old Feb 3, 2019, 7:29 am

Programs: BAEC Blue, Flying Blue Silver, Hilton Gold, Marriot Gold

So so what’s the best move in that situation?
it’s probably low down on the list of their priorities to be honest. They certainly won’t be calling a board meeting over it...
RollAnotherFatOne likes this.
Old Feb 3, 2019, 7:56 am

Programs: TP Gold / Star Alliance Gold
Originally Posted by bmibaby737

it’s probably low down on the list of their priorities to be honest. They certainly won’t be calling a board meeting over it...
Ok.. still, i'm the first (at least on wiki) to go on this trip.
Imagine, I'm making check in. They say.. " There was an error. Your ticket is on X - Economy, not E. We are sorry."

What are my options? Just to be prepared.
But still, i think AZ will honour this. Why? they are not loosing money, just giving up on something.
Had options to go from BCN to LAX in economy for 300usd.

Last edited by Madeiraportugal; Feb 4, 2019 at 4:20 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.