Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] AZ: BCN - LAX £456 in J....

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 14, 2019, 10:34 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: kevinflyaway
Code:
Please post you departure dates and routes below:

March
 MARCH 07 BCN - FCO - LAX Madeiraportugal
 MARCH 11 PacificTwo
 MARCH 11 BCN-FCO-JFK UAPremierGuy
 MARCH 14 LAX - CDG - FCO - BCN Madeiraportugal
 MARCH 19 BCN-FCO-CDG GlennHaak
 MARCH 19 MAD-FCO-JFK beyounged
 MARCH 20 CDG-LAX GlennHaak
 MARCH 25 BCN-FCO-JFK JonEJacobs
 MARCH 25 JFK-FCO-MAD beyounged
 MARCH 28 LAX-FCO-BCN GlennHaak

April
 APRIL 01 BCN-FCO-LAX - idiosyncrasy
 APRIL 04 BCN - FCO - CDG (+1) - LAX Mister Miles
 APRIL 05 JFK-FCO-BCN JonEJacobs
 APRIL 08 BCN - FCO - LAX - honzeek_cz
 APRIL 08 FCO-CDG JNLentertainment
 APRIL 09 CDG-LAX - JNLentertainment
 APRIL 09 LAX - JFK - FCO - BCN Mister Miles
 APRIL 23 LAX-CDG honzeek_cz
 APRIL 24 CDG-FCO-BCN honzeek_cz
 APRIL 25 MAD-LIN honzeek_cz
 APRIL 25 LAX-CDG-FCO-BCN idiosyncrasy
 APRIL 26 LIN-CDG-LAX honzeek_cz
 APRIL 29 LAX-FCO honzeek_cz
 APRIL 30 FCO-MAD honzeek_cz
 APRIL 30 MAD-FCO Maayan

May
 MAY 01 FCO-LAX Maayan
 MAY 01 BCN-FCO-JFK ramalair
 MAY 02 BCN-FCO-JFK e30st
 MAY 02 BCN-FCO / MAY 03 FCO-LAX Travel-Quinten
 MAY 02 BCN-FCO-LAX Wildwater
 MAY 02 BCN-FCO / MAY 03 FCO-LAX bmibaby737
 MAY 06 JFK-FCO-BCN (+1) e30st
 MAY 06 LAX-FCO-BCN (+1) Travel-Quinten
 MAY 06 LAX-FCO-BCN Wildwater
 MAY 06 LAX-JFK-FCO / MAY 07 FCO-BCN bmibaby737
 MAY 08 LAX-FCO-MAD Maayan
 MAY 09 JFK-FCO-BCN ramalair
 MAY 09 LAX- FCO JNLentertainment
 MAY 09 FCO-BCN JNLentertainment

September

October

November
 Nov 7 BCN - FCO - JFK ExpatSomchai
 Nov 11 JFK - FCO - BCN (+1) ExpatSomchai
Print Wikipost

[PREM FARE GONE] AZ: BCN - LAX £456 in J....

Search this Thread

Old Jan 12, 2019, 1:54 pm

Originally Posted by CX828
Just got off the phone to Alitalia.
Maybe you're digging your own grave by calling? Unless you fly today, just DO NOT call the airline. Is it worth to ruin your trip just because your want to select your seats?!?

My booking is intact and I'm able to change seats online without problems.
AJO and bananahead like this.
Old Jan 12, 2019, 3:57 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, BA Gold, A3 Gold
Something has definitely been done to the reservations, as I cannot access seat assigments, which I previously was able.
Old Jan 12, 2019, 4:27 pm

Programs: GOLD: AZ....maybe :-P
Originally Posted by honzeek_cz
Something has definitely been done to the reservations, as I cannot access seat assigments, which I previously was able.
From where did you book it?
Have you called the airline?
Old Jan 12, 2019, 5:11 pm

Programs: AF/KL platinum, Turkish gold, QR gold
Originally Posted by bananahead
I'm not sure that is a great idea. Alitalia KNOW they have made a mistake. The question is, do they want to admit it publicly? Personally, I doubt it. And I can understand why. If they announce publicly that they made a mistake and will honour it, it could set a precedent in the future when the same thing happens again. If they are going to honour it I imagine they will just do it quietly. Involing journalist or bloggers could actually work against us. AZ could then feel backed in to a corner and decide the best course is to cancel the tickets afterall since they will not want to encourage the bloggers jumping on future AZ errors (note OMAAT/godsavethepoints/TPG did not even report on it).
Exactly this.

However incompetent they might be at Alitalia, trust me, they are aware of this. I just don't buy it their systems wouldn't have picked up on this.

And believe me as well that as a person who is both a frequent flyer, frequent flash sale ticket buyer, and a journalist working for some major British newspapers who both knows the power of media coverage and PR, that asking Alitalia for a statement is not the play you want to make. It can work in some cases obviously, like when clear injustice is done (I don't have to recall United's last year in the media) or when the stakes are high. But this? It's absolutely true that in most cases, airlines (or whichever companies, politicians etc caught in an error) don't want to double down on it - they want to forget about it and move on. When the damage is not too big (which I don't think it is here) it is in both our interest and in Alitalia's interest to keep it silent, as I doubt those paying taxes in Italy and those flying full fares from Rome to LA would be too happy to read about this in the press!

It's also something whichI can't understand in the entire discussion here. We all know that you win some, you loose some. And that it's not wise to make non-refundable bookings when dealing with such flash sales as this one, especially when it's Alitalia which whatever has been debated here before (both sides of the argument have valid points) has a murky and conflicted past at best when it comes to honouring such fares. Be calm, let's wait and see what happens, wait for the first people to fly to report how their trip went, and we can all see how it goes from there! The year so far has started great when it comes to special flash sales, so if this doesn't work out there will for sure be many to follow.
Oxymore, KiteM and bananahead like this.

Last edited by Romanianflyer; Jan 12, 2019 at 5:50 pm
Old Jan 12, 2019, 5:29 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, BA Gold, A3 Gold
Originally Posted by KiteM
From where did you book it?
Have you called the airline?
On AZ directly.
No
Old Jan 12, 2019, 5:34 pm

Programs: GOLD: AZ....maybe :-P
Originally Posted by honzeek_cz
On AZ directly.
No
^
Old Jan 12, 2019, 6:51 pm

booked via AZ, reservation still alive and perfectly fine. Just a data point.
Wonder who is the first who will fly or attempt to fly at MAD, and when. Mine is late March.
Old Jan 12, 2019, 7:05 pm
Used to be guidogh

Programs: FB Ultimate, Hertz Platinum, Star Aliiance Gold
People please remember that AZ is aware of these from the beginning. After all they took it offline manually after 1,5 hours or so. Meaning they know what happened. I would worry about remarks from a reservations agent in Bosnia or where ever. I trust it will be honored otherwise they would have done something by now. It is over a week ago that it happend. Yes I know fares were pulled late before, but there is no reason to assume the will pull this one. Have a drink, sit back, relax and safe flying!
Oxymore and Justin Case like this.
Old Jan 13, 2019, 5:45 am
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
It depends if they are aware of the error fare? It makes a big difference if you found a fare that is still reasonably priced, or something like first class around the world for $800.

If the fare is still reasonable you may be lucky and there are chances that they will honor it (and/or not even notice). But with these kind of fares nothing is for sure. I have heard stories (not Alitalia) where the pax was denied boarding at the gate due to it being an error fare.
Old Jan 13, 2019, 6:35 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
A lot will depend on how much of an error, how many passengers booked, and how much attention the fare got.

Typically, if only a few people purchased and the error amount is not too great, it is easier, cheaper and less brand-damaging to let it go. On the other hand, this is not a carrier with a lot of spare cash lying around.
Old Jan 13, 2019, 1:42 pm

Programs: DL Gold, AS MVP Gold
I booked it too. It was actually issued on 4th January
I also would like to know, when shall I start booking positioning flights to BCN.
If anyone has updates, please share.

Last edited by e30st; Jan 13, 2019 at 1:58 pm
Old Jan 13, 2019, 5:33 pm

Programs: TP Gold / Star Alliance Gold
edited*

Last edited by Madeiraportugal; Jan 14, 2019 at 4:35 am
Old Jan 13, 2019, 8:53 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, AA1MM PLTPRO, Hertz PC, National EXC, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton/Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
And you called the airline again why?
Old Jan 14, 2019, 2:47 am

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum | Flying Blue Petroleum | Hilton Gold | Marriott Gold | Shangri-La Jade
Originally Posted by Madeiraportugal
So far, so good.
Speaked with Alitalia, ticket is confirmed.

One of the fligths, LAX-CGD is with AF they say ticket is booked under X class (economy).

Still, when i enter in AF website, it says that it's business, but can't seem to manage to arrange seat. (can select, but when i re-enter, it's not selected).
Maybe only on check in (30h before flight).

My flight is:
BCN-FCO-LAX / LAX-CGD-FCO-BCN
Can you please stop drawing anymore unwanted attention to this fare before you ruin it for everyone else?!
kevinflyaway likes this.
Old Jan 14, 2019, 2:48 am

Originally Posted by madeiraportugal
spoke with alitalia, ticket is confirmed.
** banging my head against the wall **

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.