Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

AA/One World: 2019 Consolidated Mileage/Status/Challenge Runs help needed

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 31, 2018, 10:30 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Pat89339
Requesters and responders, please read this wiki before posting.
In order to organize Mileage/Status/Challenge Run threads, the Moderators have decided to create a consolidated thread. This is the thread for American Airlines.

For each request:
  1. do a search on your departure airport(s) to see if there's a MR already posted that might fit your need
  2. if you don't find what you need, post your request using the standardized format shown below in this wiki
  3. it's nice form to acknowledge the responder with a post indicating whether the assistance worked for you or not. This helps everyone learn about successful runs
  4. if several days have gone by and you have not received a reply, bump up your original post with a (gentle) re-ask. It might be your post was missed in the fray
For each response:
  1. quote the original request
  2. include the route cities, price, airline, cabin/class, EQMs/EQDs, and dates for the solution(s) found
  3. whenever possible, include a link to the solution as found on Google Flights, or attach as screen print of the solution if from another source

For each request, use this format as shown. A glossary follows to clarify each entry.

Departure Airport(s):
EQMs or EQSs Needed:
EQDs Needed:
Max Budget:
Available Travel Dates:
Max # Travel Nights:
AA only, or Partners Okay:
Have Chinese Visa? (Y/N):

If there is additional information you'd like to share that is pertinent to your request, feel free to add it after this standardized request format.

GLOSSARY:
Departure Airport(s): list the airport codes of any airports you can depart from, identifying preferred airports if any
EQMs or EQSs Needed: the number of each/either that you need to reach status. Please be as precise as possible, as some MRs can be within a few of your goal.
EQDs Needed: the number that you need to reach status. Please be as precise as possible, as some MRs can be within a few of your goal.
Max Budget: the maximum amount you're willing to spend to reach status. Less is always preferable, but a max is an important factor. Please make this a realistic number for your goal.
Available Travel Dates: list the range of dates you're available. The more you list, the better your chances of getting a good MR.
Max # Travel Nights: the maximum number of nights you're willing to be away. The nights might be at the destination or at a layover city. If cannot be gone overnight at all, list 0 or "day run only". Again, please make this realistic for your goal.
AA only, or Partners Okay: if you want to only AA-coded flights (e.g. for upgrades, etc), then list "AA only". If you are okay with flying on partners (especially useful for EQD runs), then list "either".
Have Chinese Visa? (Y/N): if you have a Chinese visa that will be valid at the time of the MR, then list "Y". Many good MRs have destinations in China, but you need a visa for those destinations.

(Note: Added this info from the OP to wiki for greater visibility to posters.)
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Nov 28, 2019, 9:02 pm

Programs: AA
Exclamation DFW based. I am gold trying to get Platinum Pro

Hello. I am wanting to make AA Platinum Pro by the end of the year. I am currently Platinum

Departure Airport: DFW
Miles Needed:24000
Required Spend: 4500
Budget: 2500
Available Travel Dates: 12/7-12/15, 12/21-12/29
Required Metal or Codeshares okay: AA/One world
Old Nov 29, 2019, 9:01 am

Programs: American Airlines
Thanks for the recommendations. I played around a bit and think I found a deal with AA, BWI-PHL-LAX-HNL-DFW-BWI for $2,200. This will get me ~21K EQMs and guaranteed Plat Pro.

Sure wish I could have made it to Executive Plat!

Thanks again, aztimm!
aztimm likes this.
Old Nov 29, 2019, 10:50 am

First time poster, long time follower...
Help needed

Departure Airport: DFW (or GRK)
Miles Needed: 9,000
Required Spend or Budget: Around $500 if possible (BUDGET) spend already achieved
Available Travel Dates: 12/21, 12/27
Required Metal or Codeshares okay: AA ONEWORLD
Old Nov 29, 2019, 11:04 am

Programs: AA EXP MM, HHonors Lifetime Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Ti, UA Silver
Originally Posted by rdw72777
Departure Airport(s: PHL (home), EWR, JFK
EQMs or EQSs Needed: 0 (already qualified)
EQDs Needed: 286
Max Budget: $350
Available Travel Dates: Dec 7 through 11
Max # Travel Nights: open
AA only, or Partners Okay: partners fine
Have Chinese Visa? (Y/N): no visa

Probably one of the easier ones, but looking to get ideas. Google flights is steering me to Las Vegas or San Juan but not sure if I’m missing other bargains.
If you don't need the EQMs why fly all the way to LAS or SJU? Just buy a quick round trip same-day turnaround out of PHL to BOS, CLT, ORD, etc for around $350. You'll get the EQDs you need with minimal hassle and time spent.
aztimm likes this.
Old Nov 29, 2019, 3:37 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Travel Safety/Security & Texas, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, HHonors, Hertz
Originally Posted by investingchip
First time poster, long time follower...
Help needed

Departure Airport: DFW (or GRK)
Miles Needed: 9,000
Required Spend or Budget: Around $500 if possible (BUDGET) spend already achieved
Available Travel Dates: 12/21, 12/27
Required Metal or Codeshares okay: AA ONEWORLD
Welcome to FlyerTalk!

Is $500 your buy-up offer from AA to keep status? If so, you might just want to take that.

I've played around with various itineraries for both 12/21 and 12/27 (no overnight), and it is pricing out at $1000+. You'd need something like DFW-LAX-JFK-LAX-DFW to get enough miles (and I'm not even sure that is enough), and really tough to do all that in a day.
You could get the miles with a trip to Europe or Asia, but you'd need at least 1 night (even for an immediate turn the DFW-Europe flights are overnight), and the price is $2k+ that close to Christmas.
Old Nov 29, 2019, 4:01 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Travel Safety/Security & Texas, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, HHonors, Hertz
Originally Posted by teacher4life043
Hello. I am wanting to make AA Platinum Pro by the end of the year. I am currently Platinum

Departure Airport: DFW
Miles Needed:24000
Required Spend: 4500
Budget: 2500
Available Travel Dates: 12/7-12/15, 12/21-12/29
Required Metal or Codeshares okay: AA/One world
Welcome to FlyerTalk!

This itinerary should get you:
EQD: 4148
EQM: 31,110
https://flights.app.goo.gl/4sebZ

Listed cost is $2770. If you have the BA credit card you can knock that down; unfortunately they no longer give an AARP discount (no age restrictions, btw) for PE fares.

You'd get pretty close, and can always do another domestic run to make up the difference.

If you do go to JNB, I highly recommend the Apartheid Museum and a visit to Constitution Hill (and the prison). If you are adventurous, rent a car and drive to Pilanesburg NP (the wildlife there is simply incredible). I did a run there years ago (just in coach on BA), and it was an interesting experience. Had a day in London on the way over and explored town a bit (I've been there several times).

Note: something must be going on with Google Flights, I re-checked the fare and the link above is over $6k, but this one is showing at about $2500:
https://flights.app.goo.gl/T9VQe

Also--be sure to book BA or IB flight numbers. You should earn 1.5 EQM's per flown mile, and 20% of flown miles at EQD. Here's the chart of IB:

https://www.aa.com/i18n/travel-info/...nes/iberia.jsp

If you book the AA flight numbers, you'll earn according to the AA earning chart (still 1.5 EQM's but EQD will be about what you pay minus taxes).

Last edited by aztimm; Nov 29, 2019 at 6:04 pm
Old Nov 29, 2019, 7:19 pm

Miami area AA Platinum Pro

Hi. Trying to make AA Platinum Pro by the end of the year. Currently AA Platinum.

Departure Airport: MIA OR FLL
Miles Needed: 11,482
Required Spend: 2819
Budget: 2819
Available Travel Dates: any thru 12/21
Max # Travel Nights: 1
AA only, or Partners Okay: either as long as I meet EQD AND EQMHave Chinese Visa? (Y/N): no visa

I have tentative work travel to LA (week of 12/15) and Dallas (12/13- 12/15) and want to maximize miles and $.
Old Nov 30, 2019, 9:03 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by SB112
Hi. Trying to make AA Platinum Pro by the end of the year. Currently AA Platinum.

Departure Airport: MIA OR FLL
Miles Needed: 11,482
Required Spend: 2819
Budget: 2819
Available Travel Dates: any thru 12/21
Max # Travel Nights: 1
AA only, or Partners Okay: either as long as I meet EQD AND EQMHave Chinese Visa? (Y/N): no visa

I have tentative work travel to LA (week of 12/15) and Dallas (12/13- 12/15) and want to maximize miles and $.
You might try to do a F/J transcon trip after you're in LA for work. LAX-JFK direct in First or Business (depending on the dates) will fit into your budget and will give you either 2x or 3x earnings on EQM. 4,950 town miles, just need to check the fare code before booking. https://www.aa.com/i18n/travel-info/...n-airlines.jsp

https://www.google.com/flights#flt=L...0*2.USD.251100

If you depart early enough in the day, you can make it to JFK and back plus a red-eye home to MIA without losing an extra day. The transcon may not get you 100% there, but combined with your work travel to DFW and LAX should do it.
Old Nov 30, 2019, 9:25 am

Programs: AA Platinum, Marriott Titanium
I'm currently AA Platinum and trying for Platinum Pro. I'm thinking I need to do a premium economy booking with a partner.

Departure Airport: AUS (would also consider DFW, IAH, SAT)
EQMs Needed: 13,677
EQDs needed: $1,533
Budget: <$1,200
Available Travel Dates: 12/12-12/22 (would prefer minimal nights at destination)
Required Metal or Codeshares okay: Oneworld

Best I've found so far is to book this via Iberia, which comes out to the same price. The Premium Economy legs book as Iberia flight numbers; AUS-PHL and DFW-AUS book as American. Is there a better option?
Old Nov 30, 2019, 10:23 am

Hi All! First post. Need some help to get EP again. I also have all 4 of my systemwides.

Departure Airport(s): PHX
EQMs or EQSs Needed: 12,266
EQDs Needed: $4,470
Max Budget: $4,500 or less
Available Travel Dates: Dec 15th thru Dec 21st
Max # Travel Nights: 2-3 but Flexible
AA only, or Partners Okay: Yes
Have Chinese Visa? (Y/N) No
Old Nov 30, 2019, 11:32 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by giacomo007
Hi All! First post. Need some help to get EP again. I also have all 4 of my systemwides.

Departure Airport(s): PHX
EQMs or EQSs Needed: 12,266
EQDs Needed: $4,470
Max Budget: $4,500 or less
Available Travel Dates: Dec 15th thru Dec 21st
Max # Travel Nights: 2-3 but Flexible
AA only, or Partners Okay: Yes
Have Chinese Visa? (Y/N) No
Here's a wild one for you to OZ. The partner route with CX in Premium Economy requires a small relocation to/from LAX, and does not allow for the use of your SWUs, but saves you around $1,000 cash versus paying outright for EQD on AA. Those dates being slo close to the holidays, you're looking at shelling out the money anyway to meet the qualifications. Not showing any C availability currently for 15DEC departures on EF for anywhere far enough away to matter on AA metal.

Partner Route: CX, 15-19 DEC
PHX-LAX-PHX (AAward, maybe?) DEP/ARR timing may work out to drive over as well.
LAX-HKG-BNE-HKG-LAX
Cost: $3,589 in PE
Outbound books into E Class, return into R Class
Distance: 23,132 miles
Credited to AAdvantage:
EQM: 34,698
EQD: $4,626
RDM: 50,890 with EXP bonus valued at $712, takes the net cost of the flight down to $2,877.
aztimm and giacomo007 like this.
Old Nov 30, 2019, 6:36 pm

PlatPro attempt

Departure Airport(s): DFW (or reposition if required)
EQM needed: 6,364
EQD needed: $400
Max Budget:$500-$600
Available Travel Dates: Weekend Preferred - by 12/31/2019 Can leave Friday @3pm, must return by Sunday @ 11:59pm
Max # Travel Nights: bare minimum - just a round trip is best with a 1-6 hour lounge layover if needed
AA only, or Partners Okay: Partners okay, as long they provide the EQM
Have Chinese Visa? (Y/N): N

Willing to pretty much fly anywhere (Domestic/International) if for the cost if it gets me the miles. Saw another suggestion on here for dfw / west coast / east coast / west coast / dfw that I have “held’ for $746, but someone on here suggested AUS so will now look at that.
Old Nov 30, 2019, 9:03 pm

MR needed to maintain Platinum Pro on AA

Departure Airport: SFO or SJC
Miles Needed: 5300
Required Spend or Budget: Under $400
Available Travel Dates: Anytime this year

This is my first post, so be gentle hahaha

I need to complete 5300 EQMs by the end of 2019 in order to maintain Platinum Pro status. I have the money part covered, so this is just the miles. I would like to spend less than $400 round trip is possible.

I can travel whenever and will be leaving from either San Jose or San Francisco airport.

Any routes or advice would be great. Thanks
Old Nov 30, 2019, 9:32 pm

Programs: AAdvantage
Originally Posted by PHLGovFlyer
If you don't need the EQMs why fly all the way to LAS or SJU? Just buy a quick round trip same-day turnaround out of PHL to BOS, CLT, ORD, etc for around $350. You'll get the EQDs you need with minimal hassle and time spent.
I have a week of “must use vacation” during the week of Dec 9 so not only looking for quick EQD but also possibility of cramming in a mini-vacation. You’re right that EQD is easy on its own so I should have mentioned it initially.
Old Nov 30, 2019, 9:50 pm

Programs: AS MVP, SPG, Chase (CSR), UA
Got your passport ready?

Not saying this is the easiest but I think this is one of the cheapest options out there. It should be more miles than you need at a cost of $326. (You could do $281 by going out and back on the same day, 12/11, if you had balls of steel that you could do a VERY quick turn in Montreal but I've never been there so would not recommend.)

Also this choice sucks because you'll have to find some lodging too. But I did not find any same day turns or multiple little trips but that's probably because I'm an amateur who doesn't know what he's doing. I only posted cuz no one else has yet and I find it fun. Hopefully now someone will post something that beats this in both price and convenience! Good luck!

Search AA for Dec 11-Dec 12 SFO-> YUL

Example itinerary
Depart
SFO to YUL

Wednesday, December 11, 2019

7:04 AM 8:50 PM
1 stop
10h 46m
Main Cabin
SFO - CLT AA 1960 321-Airbus A321 Wi-Fi on-board
CLT - YUL AA 5635 CR9-Canadair RJ 900 Wi-Fi on-boardOperated by PSA Airlines As American Eagle

Includes travel operated by PSA Airlines As American Eagle

Return
YUL to SFO

Thursday, December 12, 2019

8:00 AM 3:14 PM
1 stop
10h 14m
Main Cabin
YUL - PHL AA 5011 ER4-Embraer ERJ-145Operated by Piedmont Airlines As American Eagle

PHL - SFO AA 594 321-Airbus A321 Wi-Fi on-board
Includes travel operated by Piedmont Airlines As American Eagle

Last edited by daniel949; Nov 30, 2019 at 10:08 pm Reason: (Edit: disregard earlier version posted without content)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.