Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

AA/One World: 2019 Consolidated Mileage/Status/Challenge Runs help needed

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 31, 2018, 10:30 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Pat89339
Requesters and responders, please read this wiki before posting.
In order to organize Mileage/Status/Challenge Run threads, the Moderators have decided to create a consolidated thread. This is the thread for American Airlines.

For each request:
  1. do a search on your departure airport(s) to see if there's a MR already posted that might fit your need
  2. if you don't find what you need, post your request using the standardized format shown below in this wiki
  3. it's nice form to acknowledge the responder with a post indicating whether the assistance worked for you or not. This helps everyone learn about successful runs
  4. if several days have gone by and you have not received a reply, bump up your original post with a (gentle) re-ask. It might be your post was missed in the fray
For each response:
  1. quote the original request
  2. include the route cities, price, airline, cabin/class, EQMs/EQDs, and dates for the solution(s) found
  3. whenever possible, include a link to the solution as found on Google Flights, or attach as screen print of the solution if from another source

For each request, use this format as shown. A glossary follows to clarify each entry.

Departure Airport(s):
EQMs or EQSs Needed:
EQDs Needed:
Max Budget:
Available Travel Dates:
Max # Travel Nights:
AA only, or Partners Okay:
Have Chinese Visa? (Y/N):

If there is additional information you'd like to share that is pertinent to your request, feel free to add it after this standardized request format.

GLOSSARY:
Departure Airport(s): list the airport codes of any airports you can depart from, identifying preferred airports if any
EQMs or EQSs Needed: the number of each/either that you need to reach status. Please be as precise as possible, as some MRs can be within a few of your goal.
EQDs Needed: the number that you need to reach status. Please be as precise as possible, as some MRs can be within a few of your goal.
Max Budget: the maximum amount you're willing to spend to reach status. Less is always preferable, but a max is an important factor. Please make this a realistic number for your goal.
Available Travel Dates: list the range of dates you're available. The more you list, the better your chances of getting a good MR.
Max # Travel Nights: the maximum number of nights you're willing to be away. The nights might be at the destination or at a layover city. If cannot be gone overnight at all, list 0 or "day run only". Again, please make this realistic for your goal.
AA only, or Partners Okay: if you want to only AA-coded flights (e.g. for upgrades, etc), then list "AA only". If you are okay with flying on partners (especially useful for EQD runs), then list "either".
Have Chinese Visa? (Y/N): if you have a Chinese visa that will be valid at the time of the MR, then list "Y". Many good MRs have destinations in China, but you need a visa for those destinations.

(Note: Added this info from the OP to wiki for greater visibility to posters.)
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Feb 2, 2019, 8:50 pm

Originally Posted by IADCAflyer
Where are you seeng DCA-SAN-DCA runs for $200 r/t?

T/W AA same day returns - those are for Seattle now. Limited dates March. Search Google Flights.

https://www.google.com/flights#flt=D...AA*AA;sd:1;t:f
Old Feb 12, 2019, 8:37 am

Hi all,

I travel weekly between SFO and PHL for work on AA metal as an Exec Plat. The weekly mileage accrual is about 5000 and the weekly dollar spent is about $400. I calculated that in about 20 weeks, I should hit the required ExecPlat EQM but there is a shortfall of EQD (about $7K). While I may continue traveling to PHL but things change very quickly and I want to explore options of attaining the required EQD as soon as possible and as cheaply as possible. I am considering doing a run to SYD or AKL on CX (I did a run to SYD last Thanksgiving) to try to get nearer to the required EQD. A run on CX from SFO to SYD on Premium Econ gets me about 4.5K EQD at a cost of about $2.5K. Any other cheaper suggestions?

Departure Airport(s): SFO or SJC
EQMs or EQSs Needed: N/A
EQDs Needed: ~$7000
Max Budget: least amount possible
Available Travel Dates: open between now and the end of the year
Max # Travel Nights: 3 or 4 max
AA only, or Partners Okay: Open
Have Chinese Visa? (Y/N): Y
Old Feb 13, 2019, 3:28 pm

Originally Posted by kaninahbu
Hi all,

I travel weekly between SFO and PHL for work on AA metal as an Exec Plat. The weekly mileage accrual is about 5000 and the weekly dollar spent is about $400. I calculated that in about 20 weeks, I should hit the required ExecPlat EQM but there is a shortfall of EQD (about $7K). While I may continue traveling to PHL but things change very quickly and I want to explore options of attaining the required EQD as soon as possible and as cheaply as possible. I am considering doing a run to SYD or AKL on CX (I did a run to SYD last Thanksgiving) to try to get nearer to the required EQD. A run on CX from SFO to SYD on Premium Econ gets me about 4.5K EQD at a cost of about $2.5K. Any other cheaper suggestions?

Departure Airport(s): SFO or SJC
EQMs or EQSs Needed: N/A
EQDs Needed: ~$7000
Max Budget: least amount possible
Available Travel Dates: open between now and the end of the year
AA only, or Partners Okay: Open
Have Chinese Visa? (Y/N): Y
You could take CX sfo to jnb pe for $2122 and as I'm reading the Tables you'd get 5400 EQDs, ITA Matrix gives one set of dates as leave Thurs April 18th 12:50AM Arrive Sat April 20th 7:30AM. Return Sat April 20th 12:45PM Arrive SFO Sun April 21st 5:10PM.

Other dates also work. If you wish there are schedules where you could spend more time in JNB or HKG.
Old Mar 6, 2019, 7:13 am

Programs: One world
BA Milerun to maintain Gold Status

Departure Airport: ZRH / LHR
Miles Needed: 850 Tier points needed
Required Spend or Maximum Budget (choose one, and state the value): 1200 - 2000 usd
Available Travel Dates: 7th March - 7th April
Required Metal or Codeshares Okay: Oneworld

Route(s) You've Already Searched: none
Do you have a Chinese Visa (Yes/No)? No

Dear all
I am trying to retain my BA gold status as it expires on the 8th of April and then drop to Silver.
I need help in finding deals/routes so I can achieve 850 tier points adding up to my already achieved tier points making it up to 1500 tier points.
Will prefer travelling on a Thursday and returning Sunday or Monday.
Your prompt advise/support is highly appreciated.

Thank you All
Old Mar 18, 2019, 1:12 pm

Programs: AAdvantage P-Pro, Marriott, National
AA Platinum Pro Challenge Run help needed from DFW

Departure Airport: DFW
Miles Needed: 3000-8000 (unsure at this point)
Maximum Budget: $350 max per trip - may consider more for First Class or Prem Econ, or international options
Available Travel Dates: March 24 through May 4
Required Metal or Codeshares Okay: Anything that earns AA miles
Route(s) You've Already Searched: DFW-SEA $191, DFW-BOS $177, DFW-MHT $311, DFW-EDM $324
Do you have a Chinese Visa (Yes/No)? No

All,
My work travel calendar is in continuous flux, and I want to ensure that I make my 20,000 mile Platinum Pro challenge that ends on May 4th. I already have 12,435 traveled or planned, and I may need to augment that with a run of 3,000+ to make sure I am successful. I have family in NH, so I would consider a 2-3 night stay if flying to BOS or MHT, but anywhere else would be a 0-1 night turn.

This is my first post and request of this type, so please let me know if I've omitted any necessary information.

Thanks!
Old Mar 28, 2019, 5:20 pm

Programs: AA EXP MM, HHonors Lifetime Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Ti, UA Silver
A friend is doing a Plat Pro challenge. She's flown a bit but still needs 2100 EQDs and 18000 EQMs. She's free to fly most weeks in April and early May. She can fly out of PHL (preferred), EWR (2nd choice), or JFK. I've suggested a few different PE flights on non-AA metal but they've generally been overkill in terms of earnings (and time involved). Looking for a decent deal with a good ratio of EQD to ticket price.

TIA!
Old Apr 3, 2019, 5:37 am

AA Mileage Run Help to Plat Pro

Hello all! Due to a change in work-related travel circumstance (again, lol), I am forced to try to requal Plat Pro on AA out of my own pocket. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Departure airports: PHL, EWR, JFK
EQMs/EQSs needed: 66,000
Max Budget: Cheaply as possible
EQDs: $8300
Avail travel dates: Open
Max # Travel nights: Open
AA/Partners: Open
Chinese Visa: No (but willing to get one if needed)

Again, thank you for the help.

Last edited by Ritz; Apr 3, 2019 at 5:38 am Reason: Forgot to title
Old Apr 5, 2019, 12:54 pm

Programs: American Airlines
360 EQD

Departure Airport(s): SNA, LAX, ONT, LGB
EQMs or EQSs Needed: 0
EQDs Needed: 360
Max Budget: Low as possible
Available Travel Dates: April 13 - May 19
Max # Travel Nights: 0
AA only, or Partners Okay: AA Only
Have Chinese Visa? (Y/N): N

Thank you for recommendations!
Old Apr 15, 2019, 9:26 pm

Programs: Marco Polo, Executive Club
Hi everyone, long time lurker here.
Frankly I spend more time reading on the site about people's love of flying! (reviews, new planes, routes, etc) However, I have moved to Hong Kong (from London) and Cathay wouldn't match my silver with BA. I now have to accrue my status again off my own back (and some work flights).
If anyone could suggest anything for the below, I'd be eternally grateful.

Also, is it a total pipe dream to suggest that I can do some serious/odd milage runs over Easter? Looks like most flights are booked/ramped up in cost as it's such last minute. But I'm also free and have no qualms to take four days off up in the air!

Departure Airport(s): HKG
EQMs Needed: 400 Club Points (CX MPC)
Max Budget: Ideally nothing crazy.
Available Travel Dates: Anytime until 30th September over weekends. OR over Easter : 18th PM until 22nd April (if that's not too late notice?!)
AA only, or Partners Okay: Primary CX (Secondary OneWorld)
Have Chinese Visa? (Y/N): N (But can get with 3 weeks notice)
Old Apr 16, 2019, 4:37 pm

Gentle Bump

Originally Posted by Ritz
Hello all! Due to a change in work-related travel circumstance (again, lol), I am forced to try to requal Plat Pro on AA out of my own pocket. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Old Apr 16, 2019, 11:20 pm

Programs: AY+ Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by Ritz

I would be on the lookout for good CX PE fares. JFK-HKG-AKL r/t is 27,000 BIS miles, which means ~41,000 EQMs and 5400 EQDs. I would consider something around $1800 to be quite a good deal. I have seen it even lower from the west coast.

A backup option might be Finnair to Asia (e.g., SIN), which is consistently around $3000 from JFK (and even lower if you can position to YTO, YUL, or YYC). At ~19000 BIS miles, it's roughly 38,000 EQMs and 4800 EQDs (assuming I fare). Not as great a deal—but it's pretty readily available and business class, so you're paying for the comfort and convenience.
Ritz likes this.

Last edited by flyingeph12; Apr 16, 2019 at 11:37 pm
Old Apr 16, 2019, 11:44 pm

Programs: AY+ Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by Maybejames
Hi everyone, long time lurker here.
Frankly I spend more time reading on the site about people's love of flying! (reviews, new planes, routes, etc) However, I have moved to Hong Kong (from London) and Cathay wouldn't match my silver with BA. I now have to accrue my status again off my own back (and some work flights).
If anyone could suggest anything for the below, I'd be eternally grateful.

Also, is it a total pipe dream to suggest that I can do some serious/odd milage runs over Easter? Looks like most flights are booked/ramped up in cost as it's such last minute. But I'm also free and have no qualms to take four days off up in the air!

Departure Airport(s): HKG
EQMs Needed: 400 Club Points (CX MPC)
Max Budget: Ideally nothing crazy.
Available Travel Dates: Anytime until 30th September over weekends. OR over Easter : 18th PM until 22nd April (if that's not too late notice?!)
AA only, or Partners Okay: Primary CX (Secondary OneWorld)
Have Chinese Visa? (Y/N): N (But can get with 3 weeks notice)
My knowledge of the CX program is limited. But I would imagine that it would be more economical to position somewhere else cheaply and fly from there.
For example, HKG-AKL is ~US$800 r/t in economy. AKL-YYZ in business (connecting through HKG of course) is ~US$4000 r/t. That should be 430 club points in total, I believe. $4000 for what is essentially 380 club points seems decent to me, but again I'm not that familiar with the CX program. My overall impression is that it's pretty hard to achieve Diamond on CX.

JNB/CPT might be another option, but it looks like it's more expensive to position to those cities.
Old Apr 17, 2019, 9:41 pm

Programs: Marco Polo, Executive Club
Thanks so much! And yeah, my knowledge is also limited. But this a great start.
Thanks so much for taking the time to reply, really appreciate it!
Old Apr 20, 2019, 8:46 am

AA Segment runs from @CLT

Hi FT community,

Looking for some good AA/One World segment runs from the CLT region (CLT/RDU/GSO/GSP/ATL etc.)

Old Apr 20, 2019, 9:10 am

Programs: AA EP (life Gold), Global Entry, TSA Pre-Check, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by tym2trvl
Hi FT community,

Looking for some good AA/One World segment runs from the CLT region (CLT/RDU/GSO/GSP/ATL etc.)

Welcome. Please read the sticky at the top of this thread as we will need some more information to help you.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.