Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

AA/One World: 2019 Consolidated Mileage/Status/Challenge Runs help needed

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 31, 2018, 10:30 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Pat89339
Requesters and responders, please read this wiki before posting.
In order to organize Mileage/Status/Challenge Run threads, the Moderators have decided to create a consolidated thread. This is the thread for American Airlines.

For each request:
  1. do a search on your departure airport(s) to see if there's a MR already posted that might fit your need
  2. if you don't find what you need, post your request using the standardized format shown below in this wiki
  3. it's nice form to acknowledge the responder with a post indicating whether the assistance worked for you or not. This helps everyone learn about successful runs
  4. if several days have gone by and you have not received a reply, bump up your original post with a (gentle) re-ask. It might be your post was missed in the fray
For each response:
  1. quote the original request
  2. include the route cities, price, airline, cabin/class, EQMs/EQDs, and dates for the solution(s) found
  3. whenever possible, include a link to the solution as found on Google Flights, or attach as screen print of the solution if from another source

For each request, use this format as shown. A glossary follows to clarify each entry.

Departure Airport(s):
EQMs or EQSs Needed:
EQDs Needed:
Max Budget:
Available Travel Dates:
Max # Travel Nights:
AA only, or Partners Okay:
Have Chinese Visa? (Y/N):

If there is additional information you'd like to share that is pertinent to your request, feel free to add it after this standardized request format.

GLOSSARY:
Departure Airport(s): list the airport codes of any airports you can depart from, identifying preferred airports if any
EQMs or EQSs Needed: the number of each/either that you need to reach status. Please be as precise as possible, as some MRs can be within a few of your goal.
EQDs Needed: the number that you need to reach status. Please be as precise as possible, as some MRs can be within a few of your goal.
Max Budget: the maximum amount you're willing to spend to reach status. Less is always preferable, but a max is an important factor. Please make this a realistic number for your goal.
Available Travel Dates: list the range of dates you're available. The more you list, the better your chances of getting a good MR.
Max # Travel Nights: the maximum number of nights you're willing to be away. The nights might be at the destination or at a layover city. If cannot be gone overnight at all, list 0 or "day run only". Again, please make this realistic for your goal.
AA only, or Partners Okay: if you want to only AA-coded flights (e.g. for upgrades, etc), then list "AA only". If you are okay with flying on partners (especially useful for EQD runs), then list "either".
Have Chinese Visa? (Y/N): if you have a Chinese visa that will be valid at the time of the MR, then list "Y". Many good MRs have destinations in China, but you need a visa for those destinations.

(Note: Added this info from the OP to wiki for greater visibility to posters.)
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Aug 25, 2019, 10:11 am

Programs: AA EP (life Gold), Global Entry, TSA Pre-Check, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by gamefreakgcb
Ia it possible to earn Aadvantage miles as well as BA Avios on the same flight?
not simply by flying a paid, eligible ticket, no.
Old Aug 25, 2019, 10:31 am

Originally Posted by Whodunit68

not simply by flying a paid, eligible ticket, no.
Ok, so I have to make sure not to attach the ticket to my Avios account. I need it to go to AAdvantage.
Whodunit68 likes this.
Old Aug 26, 2019, 2:46 pm

Programs: AAdvantage
Originally Posted by Unionruler
JL O EWR-DFW/BOS-NRT-MNL 6 Oct, returning MNL-NRT-SEA-EWR 8 Oct, $765 on JL website
I'm not seeing this on their website. Could you please post a link?
Old Aug 26, 2019, 2:51 pm

Programs: AAdvantage
On the route to Platinum Pro

Departure Airport(s): LGA, EWR, JFK, BWI, IAD
EQMs or EQSs Needed: EQM: 30,000
EQDs Needed: 1800
Max Budget: As low as possible
Available Travel Dates: Oct, Nov or Dec weekends plus a Friday or Monday (open to multiple runs)
Max # Travel Nights: 3
AA only, or Partners Okay: Partners Okay
Have Chinese Visa? (Y/N): N
Old Aug 27, 2019, 9:14 am

Departure Airport(s): MIA but willing to re-position
EQMs or EQSs Needed: 9000-11500 EQM (dependent on a work trip that may or may not happen)
EQDs Needed: 1500-1900 (also dependent on work trip)
Max Budget: $800
Available Travel Dates: Pretty much any weekend until 10/25
Max # Travel Nights: 3-4
AA only, or Partners Okay: All challenge-eligible partners okay; AA/BA/JL/IB/AY
Have Chinese Visa? (Y/N): N

Last edited by cheesymoney; Aug 27, 2019 at 11:50 am Reason: add departure airports
Old Sep 1, 2019, 4:55 pm

Programs: AA Plat Hyatt Diamond Marriot Plat elite Hilton DIamond and IHG Plat
I see you mentioning PY, do not see that in the glossary. What is PY after the airline code?
Old Sep 1, 2019, 5:25 pm

Programs: AY+ Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by Burittoman
I see you mentioning PY, do not see that in the glossary. What is PY after the airline code?
PY usually means premium economy.
Old Sep 1, 2019, 8:28 pm

Originally Posted by flyingeph12

PY usually means premium economy.
Got it. Thanks.
Old Sep 1, 2019, 8:44 pm

PHL MR to get to Plat Pro

OK, Here is my own request for trying to get to Plat Pro.
I have some work travel coming up that will get me segments and minimal miles (500 each way) but hoping by working in an MR I can reach the next level with AA

Departure Airport(s):
PHL preferred, but could go to MDT, BWI or LGA/JFK if needed
EQMs or EQSs Needed: 18,600 EQM (dependent on a work trip, mileage could be 2k less)
EQDs Needed: $338
Max Budget: $800
Available Travel Dates: Any number of weekdays in Q4, preferably Oct 28-11/1 or Dec 9-13
Max # Travel Nights: 3-4
AA only, or Partners Okay: All challenge-eligible partners okay; but need to make sure that all EQMs are credited
Have Chinese Visa? (Y/N): N, but I see that I don't need a visa if I am there for less than 144 hours. (Correct?)
Thanks to all for taking a look at this. Safe travels.
Old Sep 2, 2019, 2:32 pm

Originally Posted by Unionruler

If you only need EQMs this will do. AA codes and book into O throughout.

just booked this - how many EQM’s is this?
Old Sep 2, 2019, 2:47 pm

Usually right above that screen, or on the next screen you click through, it will tell you your EQMs, EQDs and EQSs as well as your award miles. Did you not see it? Also, once you have your RL you can call and they can tell you how many EQMs it is.
Old Sep 3, 2019, 4:42 pm

Programs: AA; Marriott; AK
Hi! Thanks in advance for your help finding a micro amount of EQD for least budget/time.
Departure Airport(s): DCA
EQMs or EQSs Needed: None (just seeking gold here)
EQDs Needed: $81. (really!)
Max Budget: as low as possible
Available Travel Dates: Sept to mid-December
Max # Travel Nights: none, day trip
AA only, or Partners Okay: partners ok
Have Chinese Visa? (Y/N): nope
Old Sep 4, 2019, 9:43 pm

Programs: Hilton Honors Diamond, Southwest A-List Preferred, Delta Plat, SPG Plat
Kinda Urgent.....Need $400 EQDs and 8,000 EQM's by September 24th to keep AA Plat till January 2021. Only have three days to travel (September 13, 14 and 15)...Departing from ORD...Anyone help??
Old Sep 5, 2019, 4:45 am

Originally Posted by wjnelson04
Kinda Urgent.....Need $400 EQDs and 8,000 EQM's by September 24th to keep AA Plat till January 2021. Only have three days to travel (September 13, 14 and 15)...Departing from ORD...Anyone help??
Your best bet probably will be a domestic first class trip. For example, same-day turnaround to SBA is $801:
ORD-DFW-SBA-PHX-ORD

EQM should be 8,114 by my calculations.

Old Sep 5, 2019, 4:56 am

Originally Posted by k6546
Hi! Thanks in advance for your help finding a micro amount of EQD for least budget/time.
Departure Airport(s): DCA
EQMs or EQSs Needed: None (just seeking gold here)
EQDs Needed: $81. (really!)
Max Budget: as low as possible
Available Travel Dates: Sept to mid-December
Max # Travel Nights: none, day trip
AA only, or Partners Okay: partners ok
Have Chinese Visa? (Y/N): nope
Given you need 81 EQD, you'll need a nonstop flight that's around $110. For example, DCA-CLT (going through CHS on the outbound) is $119 on Oct 5.
DCA-CHS-CLT-DCA

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.