Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] MH: DEL - JFK $1300 oneway.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[PREM FARE GONE] MH: DEL - JFK $1300 oneway.

Search this Thread

Old Oct 4, 2018, 7:44 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat, Marriott Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by akhibhag
for what its worth, I have taken this route
twice now and have earned no miles on AA.
Curious if you called AA customer service to see if they'll credit you?
Old Oct 4, 2018, 8:10 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Alaska MVP; Free Agent Super Duper Diamond Treasure Chest ;)
Originally Posted by FlyingFrZ
Curious if you called AA customer service to see if they'll credit you?
HUCA if you have called and didn't get the miles. You should.
Old Oct 5, 2018, 5:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Yes, there's a big difference between a flight not posting automatically due to a system glitch (who knows, happens from time to time especially on partner flights) and a flight not posting because it's not eligible for mileage accrual by policy.

To clarify the above, you need to call AAdvantage Customer Service, not the normal reservations number, and they will be able to credit those segments.
knit-in likes this.
Old Oct 5, 2018, 7:05 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by JJeffrey
Many AA agents these days can barely book a paid domestic trip from A to B, so trying to get clarification on a complex partner earning question will be a complete waste of time as you said.
Can't agree more. I've recently found the normal DL service line was better than the AA EXP line.

I will be flying this route in a month - will see what happens.
Old Oct 6, 2018, 6:08 pm

Programs: UA GS, AA ExP
Originally Posted by knit-in
HUCA if you have called and didn't get the miles. You should.
i did call and submit copies of boarding passes as well but didnt get the credit. Admittedly I didnt follow up again as I have moved all of my flying spend to Star Alliance.
Old Nov 7, 2019, 3:09 pm

Programs: AA EXP IHG Diamond Marriott Gold Hilton Diamond
So I have one of these booked for Dec. Have been trying and trying to get it changed. There is C and D inventory on the flights and expert flyer shows the fare as existing into March. But the call center is useless. I have been emailing customer support and they are claiming it will be $5000 (even on dates where I see the fare buckets). So I guess I just cancel and give up?
Old Nov 8, 2019, 7:30 am

Originally Posted by worldtraveler303
So I have one of these booked for Dec. Have been trying and trying to get it changed. There is C and D inventory on the flights and expert flyer shows the fare as existing into March. But the call center is useless. I have been emailing customer support and they are claiming it will be $5000 (even on dates where I see the fare buckets). So I guess I just cancel and give up?
If you haven't flown the first leg they will reprice the ticket if the fare (not the booking class) is not available. Can you book it at the new date at the same fare? If not, you can't rebook at the same price.
Old Jan 19, 2020, 4:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/LTP, BA GGL/CCR/GfL, HH D/LTD, SPG/MR Plat/LTP
Just stumbled over this thread again, and thought I'd report on the miles credit.

Having registered my AA FFP #, I actually was surprised to find the DEL-KUL and HND-JFK segments credited within a week and a half. Calling the EXP desk, transfered to CS that could see my registration and said they would "work on it". Immediately recieved an email saying process could take up to 30 working days (!).
Two days later, however, the KUL-NRT segment was also in my account, in good time to have my requalification for EXP 2019 done.

Has anyone any news of this fare has been permanently pulled? For some months now, I'm only getting prices of $10.000+, which doesn't seem like any deal to me

Last edited by onobond; Jan 19, 2020 at 8:02 am Reason: Typo
Old Feb 8, 2020, 12:11 pm

Programs: AA EXP, SPG PLT, Carlson/HHonors GLD, National Ex, Hertz Gld, AMEX Plat
Flew this a bit ago, and as another data point for anyone still flying it (or if it comes back) had no issues with the miles for all segments posting to AA easily. Glitches were only an international (CMB) to international (KUL) transit in BLR that confused airport staff but worked out in the end, and having a NRT-HND train transfer, which was fine, just took some doing. For a trip report, almost finished putting together the video series if it helps anyone: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...34uFUZk2fDVxeq
Old Feb 8, 2020, 5:12 pm

Programs: BMI Diamond Club Gold forever
Pretty sure this one wont come back anytime soon. Due to safety downgrading, MH cannot code share to the US. This fare requires that and so i think was pulled as a result.
Old Feb 8, 2020, 7:29 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, TK Elite+
Originally Posted by stephem
Pretty sure this one wont come back anytime soon. Due to safety downgrading, MH cannot code share to the US. This fare requires that and so i think was pulled as a result.
Malaysian carriers can maintain existing codeshare with a non-American carrier. Their codeshare with CX/QR/JL etc. to US remains. AA/MH can't code share on each other's metal and Malaysian carriers can't mount additional services to US.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.