Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] MH: DEL - JFK $1300 oneway.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[PREM FARE GONE] MH: DEL - JFK $1300 oneway.

Search this Thread

Old Oct 3, 2018, 2:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/LTP, BA GGL/CCR/GfL, HH D/LTD, SPG/MR Plat/LTP
Originally Posted by ashkale
MH codeshares on QR with Doh connections are now possible- however price isnt really attractive, NRT-JFK is possible via a TA provided the booking classes are available.
What routing are you suggesting here, and what is the not "really attractive" price?
Old Oct 3, 2018, 2:46 am
Suspended

Programs: HHonors Diamond, AA EXP
India-kul-doh- usa~ Rs 150k one way.
Old Oct 3, 2018, 12:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Something familiar with this thread, this fare was posted before, in April this year: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/premium-fare-deals/1905171-mh-jl-one-way-del-kul-nrt-jfk-ord-bos-business-1-382-a.html

When that thread was started it was pointed out there was already a thread from 2 years ago: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/premium-fare-deals/1758725-mh-india-jfk-bos-ord-1369-o-w.html

Mod alert - merge?
Old Oct 3, 2018, 12:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by onobond

MH codeshares on QR with Doh connections are now possible- however price isnt really attractive, NRT-JFK is possible via a TA provided the booking classes are available.
What routing are you suggesting here, and what is the not "really attractive" price?
India-kul-doh- usa~ Rs 150k one way.
OK, but where do you fit in the NRT-JFK segment in that itinerary?
Old Oct 3, 2018, 1:23 pm

Programs: BMI Diamond Club Gold forever
BTW, there is a similar variant India-ORD for this you can get it to take it with AA metal (MH coded) for NRT-ORD. The worst part about all of these fares is finding either a daytime flight for the first segment or an aircraft with a decent seat to sleep for the her Renda‘s Lee short overnight segment between India and KUL.

Agree these all should be merged into the old thread from a couple of years ago.
ashkale likes this.
Old Oct 3, 2018, 5:03 pm

Programs: UA1K, IC RA, *wood Plt, AA EXP, LH Sen, HH Gold, Hyatt Diamond, EK Gold
MH coded flight, but operated by JL between HND and JFK, will I earn EQM/EQD on AA? AA website says that miles can only be earned on MH flights operated/coded between Asia and Asia/Europe/ME and SP.
Old Oct 4, 2018, 12:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by flying MD
MH coded flight, but operated by JL between HND and JFK, will I earn EQM/EQD on AA? AA website says that miles can only be earned on MH flights operated/coded between Asia and Asia/Europe/ME and SP.
The language is crisp and clear, nothing earned on AA on the MH coded JL TPAC segment. As I had another matter for the EXP desk I checked with the agent, who at first said an OW Partner Business flight would earn, but after looking more closely into the matter, she was surprised to find this flight not qualified for earning.

Hadn't thought of that, thanks for checking for us all ^ . That will kill the deal for me, this fare would have been a good earning to keep the EXP on AA. The same routing with TYO-JFK on JL prefix is $8K+
Old Oct 4, 2018, 2:33 am
Suspended

Programs: HHonors Diamond, AA EXP
Have definitely heard of miles being posted, the language is outdated. Also back in 2013 my MH operated kul-nrt-Lax flights posted without any problems.
Old Oct 4, 2018, 4:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
The language is crisp and clear, nothing earned on AA on the MH coded JL TPAC segment. As I had another matter for the EXP desk I checked with the agent, who at first said an OW Partner Business flight would earn, but after looking more closely into the matter, she was surprised to find this flight not qualified for earning.
This is 100% incorrect in spite of what the agent told you. Most AA agents have no idea about this kind of stuff and will just look at aa.com like anyone else.

The "Earn and Redeem Miles Between..." language you're referring to is only meant as a rough guide of where each partner carrier operates their own metal, not as a hard and fast list of flights that do or do not earn miles on AA. MH does not operate any of it's own metal to North America, so North America is not listed there.

Any flights that will not earn AA miles are specifically called out under the "Exceptions" area below. For MH, it lists the following:

Flights operated by Firefly and MAS wings are not eligible for Elite Qualifying Credits or award mileage accrual or redemption.
An MH coded JL operated TPAC flight has always earned AA miles according to the MH table.
Old Oct 4, 2018, 6:43 am

Programs: AA Gold, Alaska MVP; Free Agent Super Duper Diamond Treasure Chest ;)

Hadn't thought of that, thanks for checking for us all ^ . That will kill the deal for me, this fare would have been a good earning to keep the EXP on AA. The same routing with TYO-JFK on JL prefix is $8K+
The language is not a 100% correct. It simply implies the regions MH flies their own metal to. I got full credit for my MH ticketed JL metal flight NRT-JFK post to AA. It took some time and a couple of calls, but there was never any resistance to getting full credit and whatever bonuses were due.
Old Oct 4, 2018, 9:13 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, TK Elite+
You'll definitely get the EQD, EQM and RDM for your MH coded, JL operated TPAC flights (even on TPE/HKT-NRT flights which MH codeshares on). You'll get MH's Z class points (0.20 EQD, 1 EQS, 150% EQM and 220% RDM for EP).

I don't know of any restrictions on mileage earning for a OW-coded and OW-operated flight on AA. You'll just earn whatever the OW-coded flight earns according to AA's OW charts as long as it's operated by OW carriers.
Old Oct 4, 2018, 10:04 am

Round trip is @ $2,400 which is very attractive! ^
Old Oct 4, 2018, 11:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Ok guys, I'd be happy to have the agent corrected, I was merely quoting the EXP agent, as very clearly stated. So please don't shoot the messenger

After reading the first post implicating I might have been provided with incorrect information, I called the EXP desk again. This agent also interpreted the rules as non-earning, as neither being intraasian nor Asia to Europe, Middle East or South Pacific. After quoting statements of other pax actually earning, she talked to her supervisor, who was unsure, but probably would earn, and told her to refer me to Aadvantage CS.

They opened an hour later, and initial response again was no. After consulting with her supervisor, he said it would earn. To be on the safe side, he had it confirmed by his superior.

To have anything in writing to quote and post here, I was referred back to the EXP desk, with an agent again saying NO. She offered to make a mock reservation and came up with DEL-KUL(MH)-NRT(MH)-JFK (AA code-share/JL metal) where, unsurprisingly, all segments earned (!). She took her mock booking and my intended flight numbers and consulted with her supervisor, who was very distinct in that the all-MH-coded journey definitely would earn. Nobody could/would provide me with the writing for this, the agent, who previously read the initial paragraph on AA earning on MH on the AA website together with me, now tried to convince me she didn't have access to the internet (!!!).

So, an unnecessary waste of time, and with nothing written to back it up, the 'consensus' among supervisors today means I'll continue with plans for using this fare early next year.

Oh, and can you guess what the mock reservation priced out at? $10K+ !
Old Oct 4, 2018, 1:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Ok guys, I'd be happy to have the agent corrected, I was merely quoting the EXP agent, as very clearly stated. So please don't shoot the messenger

After reading the first post implicating I might have been provided with incorrect information, I called the EXP desk again. This agent also interpreted the rules as non-earning, as neither being intraasian nor Asia to Europe, Middle East or South Pacific. After quoting statements of other pax actually earning, she talked to her supervisor, who was unsure, but probably would earn, and told her to refer me to Aadvantage CS.

They opened an hour later, and initial response again was no. After consulting with her supervisor, he said it would earn. To be on the safe side, he had it confirmed by his superior.

To have anything in writing to quote and post here, I was referred back to the EXP desk, with an agent again saying NO. She offered to make a mock reservation and came up with DEL-KUL(MH)-NRT(MH)-JFK (AA code-share/JL metal) where, unsurprisingly, all segments earned (!). She took her mock booking and my intended flight numbers and consulted with her supervisor, who was very distinct in that the all-MH-coded journey definitely would earn. Nobody could/would provide me with the writing for this, the agent, who previously read the initial paragraph on AA earning on MH on the AA website together with me, now tried to convince me she didn't have access to the internet (!!!).

So, an unnecessary waste of time, and with nothing written to back it up, the 'consensus' among supervisors today means I'll continue with plans for using this fare early next year.

Oh, and can you guess what the mock reservation priced out at? $10K+ !
No shooting the messenger, but this aa.com language has been this way forever, and it's not surprising at all that most EXP agents also don't have a clue as they receive zero training on this type of question. Many AA agents these days can barely book a paid domestic trip from A to B, so trying to get clarification on a complex partner earning question will be a complete waste of time as you said. They are just reading that aa.com page (probably for the first time) and trying to interpret it on the fly.

Again, that section is only a rough guide of where AA and each partner airline operate their own metal flights. If you look at the AA page, for example, it doesn't list the Middle East, because AA doesn't fly it's own metal to the Middle East. By this line of thinking, then an AA codeshare flight on BA from say LHR-DXB wouldn't earn any miles because AA didn't list the ME in that section. We all know that's not true.
ashkale, Calchas and Gino Troian like this.
Old Oct 4, 2018, 6:58 pm

Programs: UA GS, AA ExP
Originally Posted by JJeffrey
No shooting the messenger, but this aa.com language has been this way forever, and it's not surprising at all that most EXP agents also don't have a clue as they receive zero training on this type of question. Many AA agents these days can barely book a paid domestic trip from A to B, so trying to get clarification on a complex partner earning question will be a complete waste of time as you said. They are just reading that aa.com page (probably for the first time) and trying to interpret it on the fly.

Again, that section is only a rough guide of where AA and each partner airline operate their own metal flights. If you look at the AA page, for example, it doesn't list the Middle East, because AA doesn't fly it's own metal to the Middle East. By this line of thinking, then an AA codeshare flight on BA from say LHR-DXB wouldn't earn any miles because AA didn't list the ME in that section. We all know that's not true.
for what its worth, I have taken this route
twice now and have earned no miles on AA.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.