Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[Premium Fare Gone]: EY ATH - KHI o/w us$189

[Premium Fare Gone]: EY ATH - KHI o/w us$189

Old Jun 10, 2018, 11:01 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, A3 Gold, Sixt Diamond
Momondo also still has tons of OTAs pricing it:
https://www.momondo.de/flight-search...s?sort=price_a
Old Jun 10, 2018, 11:05 am
AOH

Originally Posted by Croupier

Good luck booking anything at the cheap price past October, even though it looks available you cannot price it out. Try it, I would love to be proven wrong as I want to book this for next year.
I tried several sites and it doesn't seem to be available in January. Unfortunate!
Old Jun 10, 2018, 11:17 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, A3 Gold, Sixt Diamond
Indeed ExpertFlyer does not show any flights for January (in contrast to ITA Matrix), while this month for instance looks good.

However, ExpertFlyer shows S class as "coach"!
Old Jun 10, 2018, 1:42 pm

Originally Posted by ChocolateFactory

You're welcome.
? Your screenshot and link are for flights in June, In my post I write for bookings past October, specifically for next year. So Your Welcome is unnecessary as this is useless to me.

Last edited by Croupier; Jun 13, 2018 at 12:54 pm
Old Jun 10, 2018, 3:34 pm

Originally Posted by Croupier

? Your screenshot and link are for flights in June, Im my post I write for bookings past October, specifically for next year. So Your Welcome is unnecessary as this is useless to me.
I would think that by next year if not sooner this "error fare," would have been discovered by the relative carrier(s) and therefore not only cancelled but very possibly anyone who turns up hoping to have J class seat will be "downgraded" to Y class seat. However it is so cheap (even if flown in Y), that IMO its worth taking a gamble to be able to fly in J.The sooner one flies, the better the possibility.
Old Jun 13, 2018, 12:41 pm
AOH

Originally Posted by ChocolateFactory
Indeed ExpertFlyer does not show any flights for January (in contrast to ITA Matrix), while this month for instance looks good.

However, ExpertFlyer shows S class as "coach"!
Someone else confirmed that it books in "C"
Is it not the case? Anyone else book this?
Old Jun 17, 2018, 9:19 am

I flew this to AUH with 55kg luggage (40+EY Gold) and 19hrs layover. TWOV, no problem, just make sure you show the agent an onward ticket to another country. A bit of issue with the luggage (not annotated on the ticket), but a few calls later it was fine. Agent told me a few other flyers had the same problem before me on the same route, just a few days ago

You can't book past Oct 29, its when codeshare ends.

Last edited by mlqsko; Jun 18, 2018 at 1:00 am
Old Jun 17, 2018, 10:35 am

Originally Posted by mlqsko
Thank you, finally the answer I have been looking for.
Old Jun 17, 2018, 10:39 pm
AOH

I flew this to AUH with 55kg luggage (40+EY Gold) and 19hrs layover. TWOV, no problem, just make sure you show the agent an onward ticket to another country. A bit of issue with the luggage (not annotated on the ticket), but a few calls later it was fine. Agent told me a few other flyers had the same problem before me on the same route, just a few days ago

PS: expedia.com - free cancel 24hrs if you need onward ticket. Mine was back to Dubai via FlyDubai, 5 hours after my "arrival" in KHI. I got it cancelled in the lounge (Swissport).

Very helpful, thank you!
Old Jun 18, 2018, 1:00 am

Many thanks for the info. I had already booked a refundable onward flight about 5 hours after arrival in KHI. I'm thinking I may even use it, not decided yet.
Old Jun 18, 2018, 5:58 am

Exclamation

do i understand right that yo didnt use AUH- KHI leg?
Old Jun 18, 2018, 7:29 am

Originally Posted by raporot
I didn't.
Old Jun 18, 2018, 8:02 am

Originally Posted by raporot
He might have been in a spot of bother if he arrived at KHI visaless and ticketless
Old Jun 25, 2018, 10:17 am

Programs: TK Elite+, SPG Plat, Jetsmarter
Just came back from KHI - can really recommend anyone to stay here for a weekend or so if you have the chance to. It is completely untouched by tourism plus Karachiites are some of the nicest people around and they sure know how to have fun

Despite 19h in AUH I was asked for a visa at check-in (there was E-Checkin though they would've probably checked at the gate..) but as mlqsko mentioned with an onward ticket that wouldn't have been a problem. Etihad uses the Swissport Lounge in ATH wich is okay but a little crowded with DL departing around the same time. AUH T3 was a pleasent experience in the afternoon with pretty much no one around - took me less than ten minutes from the taxi to the (okay) lounge.
Btw TK only charges 27,5k miles in business (although high taxes) from KHI to EU1 if anyone can use that..
AHO, danam, mrhn15 and 2 others like this.

Last edited by nilsrtw; Jun 25, 2018 at 2:03 pm
Old Jun 26, 2018, 2:47 am

I assumed these flights would be useless for earning miles. As far as I understand, it's only possible to credit to PK. Has anybody found anything different?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.