FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Mileage Run Discussion (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/mileage-run-discussion-627/)
-   -   [Premium Fare Gone]: EY ATH - KHI o/w us$189 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/mileage-run-discussion/1909758-premium-fare-gone-ey-ath-khi-o-w-us-189-a.html)

RVH85 May 17, 2018 1:35 am

[Premium Fare Gone]: EY ATH - KHI o/w us$189

Looks to be bookable untill late October, although Google Flights/ITA shows availability untill April 2019

https://www.google.com/flights/#flt=...;sd:1;t:f;tt:o

irishguy28 May 17, 2018 1:43 am

Interestingly, Google Flights reports exactly the same fare for Economy class :D

I doubt you would get to fly this in J.

Note: anyone thinking of using this to get from ATH to AUH on the cheap - be warned that if you don't have the necessary visa/permission to travel to Pakistan [if applicable in your personal circumstances] at the time of check-in at ATH, you are likely to be denied boarding and unable to travel to AUH.

MightyTravels May 17, 2018 1:59 am

Great find!.

Price out on many sites: https://www.momondo.com/flight-searc...s?sort=price_a

Comes up as refundable so likely correct fare class mapping.

Visa may not be so expensive and some people always wanted to go to Pakistan...

irishguy28 May 17, 2018 2:13 am

From a mileage perspective, it seems this has to be issued as all PK flightcodes, which will restrict any mileage earning potential.

Also - I really doubt they would allow anyone to fly these tickets in business class. But you could depart as soon as tomorrow if you were feeling adventurous...

3544quebec May 17, 2018 3:23 am

Originally Posted by irishguy28 (Post 29763443)

But you could depart as soon as tomorrow if you were feeling adventurous...

Speaking as someone who has been to Pakistan, departing any day to Karachi is for the adventurous

irishguy28 May 17, 2018 3:38 am

Lol.

I meant that, as in all such cases, you probably stand a greater chance of having the ticket honoured as ticketed if you can leave almost immediately. Though of course that is never a guarantee (look at the recent AF F fares from IST - people were downgraded overnight after checking in online). Hence, dropping everything to suddenly depart on a ticket like this will always be an adventure.

ChocolateFactory May 17, 2018 3:50 am

I guess if you have an onward flight from KHI, you won't need a visa?

RollAnotherFatOne May 17, 2018 4:23 am

Looks like a booking error with Pakistan air. They may charge the 2k...when it comes to processing!

Law910 May 17, 2018 4:30 am

I cant even find ATH as a departing city on the PIA website. am I doing something wrong?

AHO May 17, 2018 5:41 am

It's actually Pakistan International Airlines (PK, PIA) fare, even though the operating carrier is Etihad Airways (EY) both on Athens-Abu Dhabi and on Abu Dhabi-Karachi,

Originally Posted by irishguy28 (Post 29763443)
From a mileage perspective, it seems this has to be issued as all PK flightcodes, which will restrict any mileage earning potential.

Also - I really doubt they would allow anyone to fly these tickets in business class. But you could depart as soon as tomorrow if you were feeling adventurous...

In the fare rules it states that this is a Business class excursion fare.​​​​​​​

Pakistan (PK) SOWE60 ATH to KHI
General notes
BUSINESS ONE WAY SPECIAL EXCURSION FARES S FOR ONE WAY FARES
Category 4: Flight restrictions
THE FARE COMPONENT MUST BE ON ONE OR MORE OF THE FOLLOWING ANY PK FLIGHT OPERATED BY EY ANY PK FLIGHT OPERATED BY PK.
Category 5: Advanced reservation/ticketing restrictions
RESERVATIONS ARE REQUIRED FOR ALL SECTORS. NOTE - CONFIRMED RESERVATIONS ARE REQUIRED FOR ALL SECTORS. TICKET TIME LIMITS- PK HAS IMPLEMENTED AN AUTOMATIC TICKET DEADLINE CONTROL DETAILED INFORMATION IS AVAILABLE IN THE PK INFORMATION PAGES IN THE VARIOUS GDS REFERENCING PAGES MENTIONED BELOW- SABRE- PK DRS /DIRECT REFERENCING SYSTEM / PAGES. ABACUS - PK INFOLINK PAGES
Category 8: Stopover restrictions
UNLIMITED STOPOVERS PERMITTED ON THE PRICING UNIT LIMITED TO 2 FREE AND UNLIMITED AT EUR 35.00 EACH. 1 FREE IN EACH DIRECTION UNLIMITED AT EUR 35.00 EACH. APPLIES PER ADULT AND CHILD. NO STOPOVER OCCURS IF PASSENGER TAKES NEXT AVAILABLE FLIGHT WITHIN 24 HOURS. NOTE - CHILD DISCOUNT DOES NOT APPLY. STOPOVER CHARGES DO NOT APPLY TO INFANT WITH A SEAT. OR - UNLIMITED FREE STOPOVERS PERMITTED ON THE PRICING UNIT UNLIMITED IN PAKISTAN IN EACH DIRECTION. NOTE - CHILD DISCOUNT DOES NOT APPLY. STOPOVER CHARGES DO NOT APPLY TO INFANT WITH A SEAT.
Category 9: Transfer restrictions
UNLIMITED TRANSFERS PERMITTED ON THE PRICING UNIT FARE BREAK AND EMBEDDED SURFACE SECTORS PERMITTED ON THE FARE COMPONENT.
Category 10: Combinability
END-ON-END PERMITTED. SIDE TRIPS PERMITTED. VALIDATE ALL FARE COMPONENTS. TRAVEL MUST BE VIA POINT OF COMBINATION. APPLICABLE ADD-ON CONSTRUCTION IS ADDRESSED IN MISCELLANEOUS PROVISIONS - CATEGORY 23. OPEN JAWS/ROUND TRIPS/CIRCLE TRIPS FARES MAY BE COMBINED ON A HALF ROUND TRIP BASIS -TO FORM SINGLE OR DOUBLE OPEN JAWS/ROUND TRIPS -TO FORM CIRCLE TRIPS EXCEPT FOR AROUND-THE-WORLD FARES. OPEN JAWS/ROUND TRIPS/CIRCLE TRIPS NOTE - THE ENTIRE JOURNEY IS SUBJECT TO THE CONDITION OF THE FARE HAVING THE MORE RESTRICTIVE CONDITIONS. PROVIDED - COMBINATIONS ARE WITH ANY FARE FOR CARRIER PK IN ANY RULE AND TARIFF.
Category 12: Surcharges
A SURCHARGE OF USD 40.00 WILL BE ADDED TO THE APPLICABLE FARE FOR TRAVEL.
Category 14: Travel restrictions
VALID FOR TRAVEL COMMENCING ON/AFTER 27JUL 15.
Category 15: Sales restrictions
TICKETS MUST BE ISSUED ON/AFTER 30JUN 15.
Category 16: Penalties
CHANGES ANY TIME CHARGE EUR 75.00 FOR REISSUE. WAIVED FOR ILLNESS OF PASSENGER OR DEATH OF PASSENGER OR FAMILY MEMBER. NOTE - -ECONOMY CABIN FIRST COB IS FREE OF CHARGE ON ORIGINAL TICKET IF MADE 7 DAYS BEFORE THE BOOKED FLIGHT COUPON. FOR ANY SUBSEQUENT CHANGE OR ANY COB WITHIN 7 DAYS OF THE BOOKED FLIGHT COUPON CHARGE APPLICABLE FEE. - BUSINESS CABIN FIRST TWO COB ARE FREE OF CHARGE ON ORIGINAL TICKET IF MADE 3 DAYS BEFORE THE BOOKED FLIGHT COUPON. FOR ANY SUBSEQUENT CHANGE OR ANY COB WITHIN 3 DAYS OF THE BOOKED FLIGHT COUPON CHARGE APPLICABLE FEE ------------------------ DOF DUE TO CHANGE IN SEASONALITY/RBD WILL APPLY. ------------------------ -CHILD/INFANT DISCOUNTS DOES NOT APPLY. ------------------------ -PENALTY APPLIES FOR ADULT/CHILD/INFANT OCCUPYING A SEAT. ------------------------ -OFFICIAL DOCUMENTATION REQUIRED FOR WAIVER IN CASE OF DEATH OF PASSENGER/FAMILY MEMBER. ------------------------ -HOSPITALIZATION CERTIFICATE REQUIRED IN CASE OF ILLNESS OF PASSENGER. CANCELLATIONS BEFORE DEPARTURE CHARGE EUR 75.00 FOR REFUND. WAIVED FOR ILLNESS OF PASSENGER OR DEATH OF PASSENGER OR FAMILY MEMBER. NOTE - NO PARTIAL REFUND ALLOWED - - PARTIAL REFUND IS ALLOWED FOR INTERLINE ITIN WHERE NO PK SECTOR IS UDED AND ONLY INTERLINE SECTOR IS USED. AFTER DEPARTURE CHARGE EUR 100.00 FOR NO-SHOW. WAIVED FOR ILLNESS OF PASSENGER OR DEATH OF PASSENGER OR FAMILY MEMBER.
Category 19: Discounts
ACCOMPANIED CHILD 2-11 - CHARGE 50 PERCENT OF THE FARE. TICKETING CODE - BASE FARE CODE PLUS CH OR - INFANT UNDER 2 WITH A SEAT - CHARGE 50 PERCENT OF THE FARE OR - 1ST INFANT UNDER 2 WITHOUT A SEAT - CHARGE 10 PERCENT OF THE FARE OR - UNACCOMPANIED CHILD -7 - NO DISCOUNT OR - UNACCOMPANIED CHILD 8-11 - CHARGE 50 PERCENT OF THE FARE.

and PIA's fare hierarchy says that S class is above Y (for normal Economy class).

PK (EY) 4090 0 ATH
18/09/15 14:50 AUH
18/09/15 20:25 789
Daily
98% / 7m J2 B2 S2 Y4 K4 M4 T4 N4 O4 I4 L4 U4

PK (EY) 4221 0 AUH
18/09/15 23:05 KHI
18/09/16 2:30 32A
Daily
95% / 15m J2 B0 S0 Y4 K4 M4 T4 N4 O4 I4 L4 U4

ChocolateFactory May 17, 2018 5:43 am

Damn, I should have thrown in a stopover. Much less hassle with the visa.

RollAnotherFatOne May 17, 2018 6:29 am

Reckon with a stopover you can ditch the other flight?

ChocolateFactory May 17, 2018 6:32 am

Yeah, but it's gone now anyway.

RollAnotherFatOne May 17, 2018 6:34 am

Ok looks good.

RVH85 May 17, 2018 6:41 am

Originally Posted by ChocolateFactory (Post 29763917)
Yeah, but it's gone now anyway.

Looks like it is still bookable on a few dates eg. 27/7