Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] EK: YYZ to 3 continents in F starting from US$ 4k

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[PREM FARE GONE] EK: YYZ to 3 continents in F starting from US$ 4k

Search this Thread

Old Dec 21, 2017, 12:13 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Everyone seems so keen on blaming the person who called over killing the deal, do you guys really not think Emirates social media team found out about this the second it was published on OMAAT?
Old Dec 21, 2017, 12:40 pm

I actually used my travel agent to book this fare yesterday morning and guess what??? She called EK to confirm my booking! Shocking eh? So no, the person who called didn't kill this deal. This wasn't an error fare, in fact the EK rep worked with my TA to get me a better return flight to YYZ.

This is one reason why I rarely post on here because of this unnecessary drama and defaming people. I also find its usually the people who miss these deals who are the ones that start spewing conspiracy theories because they were late to game or didn't want to get off their wallets. Like seriously grow up because one person didn't kill this deal.
cheltzel and zymm like this.
Old Dec 21, 2017, 12:43 pm

Programs: AA PP, OZ *G, Hyatt Expl, Marriott Gold, Lots of Ex-statuses
Originally Posted by DrAlex
FYI this one couldn't be canceled online - not subject to DOT rules, so it was $600. I tried to cancel once a way was found through SFO, but I'll happily stick with LAX... Would have been a call on the phone, and we all know how that ends!
I believe the fare should have 24 hour protection even if it doesn't touch US soil as long as it's on a US Marketed site like Emirates.com. That might mean cancelling online, getting a fee, then writing in to get it waived.

That is a PITA though. I get why he called - it's just a lot easier. One thing to note is that if a phone agent says the fare is valid, that doesn't mean anything. It's valid until revenue management decides it's not :-)

I don't think this is an error fare though. I'm sure Emirates will honor all the bookings. They could reroute in theory, but for those with dxb stopovers theyd have to fly you there. And the way the ticket is constructed it looks like 3-4 segments instead of a round-trip (2 segments), so they'd have to honor that.
Old Dec 21, 2017, 1:00 pm

Originally Posted by Rowyourboat

I believe the fare should have 24 hour protection even if it doesn't touch US soil as long as it's on a US Marketed site like Emirates.com. That might mean cancelling online, getting a fee, then writing in to get it waived.

That is a PITA though. I get why he called - it's just a lot easier. One thing to note is that if a phone agent says the fare is valid, that doesn't mean anything. It's valid until revenue management decides it's not :-)

I don't think this is an error fare though. I'm sure Emirates will honor all the bookings. They could reroute in theory, but for those with dxb stopovers theyd have to fly you there. And the way the ticket is constructed it looks like 3-4 segments instead of a round-trip (2 segments), so they'd have to honor that.
Read my post. It's not an error fare. I booked via TA yesterday morning and she had to call EK. It's cheap for F but it's not exactly cheap, two tix came out $8300 CDN so not exactly pocket change.
Old Dec 21, 2017, 1:05 pm

Programs: DL GM
Honestly I don't get all the anger that goes into people saying they called. Sure, one person on FT posted about calling but no doubt there were plenty others... unless this fare was posted on some super secret/exclusive group and not picked up elsewhere, then don't calling makes a whole lot of sense.
z4017 likes this.
Old Dec 21, 2017, 1:10 pm
TBD

Programs: All The Programs
Originally Posted by nufnuf77
That's why I don't post any deals here anymore, now I keep them to my private whatsapp group. People like that kill deals!
Bit selfish, eh? Perhaps we should ask FT to allow us to block posts from being seen by others. So we can post deals and ensure that you don't benefit from it.
Old Dec 21, 2017, 6:08 pm

Did this deal die because someone called the airline or was today the last day to purchase?
Old Dec 21, 2017, 6:12 pm
TBD

Originally Posted by yuiop
Did this deal die because someone called the airline or was today the last day to purchase?
Airline call center agents can barely figure out how to reserve a seat these days.
The deal did not die because someone called Emirates.
Old Dec 21, 2017, 11:55 pm

Programs: AA ExPl, DL PM, UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, probably some others
Originally Posted by TBD
Airline call center agents can barely figure out how to reserve a seat these days.
The deal did not die because someone called Emirates.
This isn't the point. Even if there's a .001% chance of killing the deal by calling the airline, the rule is the rule for that .001% chance: Don't call the airline. There's also no reason to call in the middle of a basically-unprecedented sale to "fix" a Westjet economy leg.
Old Dec 22, 2017, 12:57 am

Programs: UA GS, Alaska MVP 50, Marriott 100 night, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Explorist
I think it is reasonable to state that when the #1 rule of this community is “DO NOT CALL THE AIRLINE”, then you are probably going to be lit up if you both 1. Call the airline and 2. Come on here and tell us you called the airline.

getting any other response would be surprising. I’ve put trips at risk several times in the past and waited until the deal was dead to fix any issues.
Old Dec 22, 2017, 11:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
I agree. There's an unwritten (or maybe written) code of conduct with any deals you find on FT. It is understood that you DO NOT call the airline under any circumstance until the deal is dead.
Old Dec 22, 2017, 1:01 pm

Originally Posted by steveholt
This isn't the point. Even if there's a .001% chance of killing the deal by calling the airline, the rule is the rule for that .001% chance: Don't call the airline. There's also no reason to call in the middle of a basically-unprecedented sale to "fix" a Westjet economy leg.
I like how you ignore my post and keep yapping away and implying somehow this person single handedly killed the deal. The fact that my TA called EK to book this ticket in the morning would basically throw your idiotic theory out the window.
Old Dec 22, 2017, 3:15 pm

Programs: AA ExPl, DL PM, UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, probably some others
Originally Posted by cp_777
I like how you ignore my post and keep yapping away and implying somehow this person single handedly killed the deal. The fact that my TA called EK to book this ticket in the morning would basically throw your idiotic theory out the window.
Because your post is irrelevant to the rule - one person calling the airline also wasn't going to cause a fare to disappear a decade ago or however long ago this concept came into parlance through FT. It doesn't matter whether that person's post is what killed the deal (and I don't think it did). The point is that not calling the airline is literally the rule at FT, regardless of whether you think you'll ruin the deal or not. It's the tiniest bit of common courtesy.
Old Dec 22, 2017, 4:09 pm
TBD

ya'll take this way too seriously....
Old Dec 24, 2017, 3:44 am

Programs: Bit of this, bit of that
Originally Posted by cp_777
Speaking to an EK agent literally means nothing.
Some people also reported agents confirming the AF F deal. And we know how that went.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.