Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] EK: YYZ to 3 continents in F starting from US$ 4k

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[PREM FARE GONE] EK: YYZ to 3 continents in F starting from US$ 4k

Search this Thread

Old Dec 20, 2017, 11:29 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by LaFerrari
I called EK to get my confirmation # for my WJ flight (YVR-LAX) and looks like this isn't an error fare because they confirmed the ticket and everything is good.
lol you violated the first rule of FT
nunogomes likes this.
Old Dec 21, 2017, 1:28 am

Programs: EK Gold, Asia Miles, Aeroplan
Originally Posted by Kacee
lol you violated the first rule of FT
Lol, unfortunately I made a mistake on my outbound WJ flight which I had to correct.
Old Dec 21, 2017, 5:56 am

Programs: Too Many
Originally Posted by LaFerrari
I called EK t

Last night I had looked and was $2900 this morning it's $4600, which still isn't too bad for F, but it's not $2900

Good makes it easy for me to pass now--and who wanted to go to YYZ to start trip anyways
Old Dec 21, 2017, 6:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
Originally Posted by texex91

Last night I had looked and was $2900 this morning it's $4600, which still isn't too bad for F, but it's not $2900

Good makes it easy for me to pass now--and who wanted to go to YYZ to start trip anyways
I was on the fence as well. YYZ-MXP was pricing at $3400 which is what JNB was pricing at. JNB is now double. I told myself if it was still available this morning id do it. It would have been painful to even spend $3000 and not using a CC where I need to meet minimum spend on.
texex91 likes this.
Old Dec 21, 2017, 7:50 am

Programs: Alaska,AC,Avios,
As per alaskas website first class fare earn:CabinClass of service
Flights on or after
December 19, 2016 First Class F, A, P - Base miles earned -100%, Class of service bonus 50% ,Additional bonus- 200%
does that mean we will get 350% miles , so if I fly 50k miles then I'll earn 175,000 miles?
Old Dec 21, 2017, 7:54 am

Programs: AA ExPl, DL PM, UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, probably some others
Originally Posted by tdot_guy
As per alaskas website first class fare earn:CabinClass of service
Flights on or after
December 19, 2016 First Class F, A, P - Base miles earned -100%, Class of service bonus 50% ,Additional bonus- 200%
does that mean we will get 350% miles , so if I fly 50k miles then I'll earn 175,000 miles?
Correct. And this will be 75k partner MQM earned - if you get to 90k, you'll earn an additional 50k miles.
tdot_guy likes this.
Old Dec 21, 2017, 8:00 am

Programs: Alaska,AC,Avios,
thank you
Old Dec 21, 2017, 8:37 am

Programs: DL GM
Would it be fine to submit WS boarding passes to Delta for retroactive credit, if only attaching an AS FF# on the Emirates reservation? Or is it better to be switching FF numbers around day of travel?
Old Dec 21, 2017, 9:09 am

Programs: AA ExPl, DL PM, UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, probably some others
Originally Posted by idiosyncrasy
Would it be fine to submit WS boarding passes to Delta for retroactive credit, if only attaching an AS FF# on the Emirates reservation? Or is it better to be switching FF numbers around day of travel?
I haven't changed FF numbers on EK before, but I don't think DL would give you credit for a Westjet flight on an Emirates ticket.
Old Dec 21, 2017, 9:51 am

Programs: AY+ Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Discoverist
I understand the rule about not calling in. But honestly, there are a number of reasons for the fare going up. Do we really need to be tearing people down and casting blame? As far as I know, all of us who booked this deal contributed to the fact that the fare has increased.

I don’t know about anyone else, but I have benefitted tremendously from the knowledge I have gained from others here and those on blogs like OMAAT. I am happy that we continue to share knowledge freely and openly. Does that mean some deals die more quickly than they might otherwise? Sure. But that means a lot of people have benefitted from a deal that they wouldn’t have otherwise—and a lot of times that includes myself.

All of this is to say, I believe (or at least hope) that we are all here because we have benefitted—and continue to benefit—from the open and respectful sharing of information. I believe the day that we all start hoarding information is one on which we all collectively will lose.
Old Dec 21, 2017, 9:56 am
Original Poster

Thanks everyone for participating! As the deal is now gone, I'll ask mods to move this to discussions forum.
Old Dec 21, 2017, 10:08 am

Programs: DL DM, SPG Plat 100/LT Gold, Marriott Plat, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by flyingeph12
I understand the rule about not calling in. But honestly, there are a number of reasons for the fare going up. Do we really need to be tearing people down and casting blame? As far as I know, all of us who booked this deal contributed to the fact that the fare has increased.

I don’t know about anyone else, but I have benefitted tremendously from the knowledge I have gained from others here and those on blogs like OMAAT. I am happy that we continue to share knowledge freely and openly. Does that mean some deals die more quickly than they might otherwise? Sure. But that means a lot of people have benefitted from a deal that they wouldn’t have otherwise—and a lot of times that includes myself.

All of this is to say, I believe (or at least hope) that we are all here because we have benefitted—and continue to benefit—from the open and respectful sharing of information. I believe the day that we all start hoarding information is one on which we all collectively will lose.
No one is faulting information sharing. And changing supply via purchases is natural to any sort of "fare sale."

But, too often, when you call the airline on a fare that the random agent you get sees as too good to be true, all that person has to do is raise their hand, call over a supervisor, etc. A few calls get made, and the fare is pulled, routing rules updated, etc. It happens ALL THE TIME. If I was that agent (aka the employee), I would want to do that too - would likely curry good favor with superiors to have potentially saved them lots of money.

I don't understand why the person who had to change the WestJet flight didn't simply cancel and rebook all online (or make the change online, if Emirates allows it). Bringing an agent into a great fare while its still live for trivial stuff (like adding a FF #, or even worse like the person who called - ASKING THEM TO CONFIRM THE FARE) can be a death knell. Why ask them to confirm the fare? You bought it and you should confidently assume they will honor their contract. End of story.
Old Dec 21, 2017, 10:30 am

Programs: DL GM
Originally Posted by steveholt
I haven't changed FF numbers on EK before, but I don't think DL would give you credit for a Westjet flight on an Emirates ticket.
Yeah, good point. I figured since it is WS flight numbers with a WS boarding pass it might work. Although DL could look up who issued the ticket I suppose, and given how much they hate ME3... nevermind.
Old Dec 21, 2017, 11:47 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA Gold LT
I wonder if EK could change the tickets so people would fly the LAX-MXP via JFK on Jet Blue or something instead of connecting in DXB. So people could get their a lot quicker and would cost EK a whole lot less. So the ticket could be changed to YVR-LAX-JFK-MXP ??

Isn't the contract to get people from point A to point B?
Old Dec 21, 2017, 12:09 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold, United Serf, Delta Gold
Originally Posted by btonkid12345
I don't understand why the person who had to change the WestJet flight didn't simply cancel and rebook all online (or make the change online, if Emirates allows it). Bringing an agent into a great fare while its still live for trivial stuff (like adding a FF #, or even worse like the person who called - ASKING THEM TO CONFIRM THE FARE) can be a death knell. Why ask them to confirm the fare? You bought it and you should confidently assume they will honor their contract. End of story.
FYI this one couldn't be canceled online - not subject to DOT rules, so it was $600. I tried to cancel once a way was found through SFO, but I'll happily stick with LAX... Would have been a call on the phone, and we all know how that ends!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.