Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE] La/++ akl-scl-mad-hnd €570

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[FARE GONE] La/++ akl-scl-mad-hnd €570

Search this Thread

Old May 17, 2018, 6:15 am

Originally Posted by Flying for Fun
Interesting, and not crossing a single ocean! I am crediting to AS so my airline choices are limited. My itinerary is KE, QF, LA, LA, EK, EK, KE & CX. Not all LA flights credit to AS either which is challenging as well. IB is a no go too.

Maybe I should do a run to try some of these other airlines. I don't know though if status with OW would be of value. I will have to look into it further.

BA flies JNB-CPT as well. Operated by ComAir with BA livery. I flew it in January. Y seat, exit row, checked luggage, hot meal with wine. $65 USD

James
Not sure what the earnings are but I can get this to price out for approx $1500 euros via power tools. Should be eligible for credit to AS for all legs but AKL-PPT

You can probably shorten the trip too. I have MINCONNECT 8:00 hrs
Old May 17, 2018, 9:02 am

Originally Posted by sgan317
Not sure what the earnings are but I can get this to price out for approx $1500 euros via power tools. Should be eligible for credit to AS for all legs but AKL-PPT

You can probably shorten the trip too. I have MINCONNECT 8:00 hrs
great trip!
just a little nit pick: LA5410 is a codeshare operated on IB metal, which will not earn anything on AS. Just a little change to LA Chile's own flight (sub 1000s) or if you find availability an issue, transit in LIM always gets you marvelous availability for LA2484 to MAD. (note: LA does not have a lounge in its principal hub LIM, insane!)
Old May 17, 2018, 9:05 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, A3 Gold, Sixt Diamond
Anybody know why a SEZ stopover doubles the price?
Old May 17, 2018, 1:42 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by ChocolateFactory
Anybody know why a SEZ stopover doubles the price?
I'm having the same issue, there must be some weird rules governing where the stopover could be. Stopover in DXB is fine for example.
Old May 17, 2018, 2:15 pm

Originally Posted by nkvuong
I'm having the same issue, there must be some weird rules governing where the stopover could be. Stopover in DXB is fine for example.
Did you.try arriving in SEZ with one carrier and departing with another ?
Old May 17, 2018, 2:19 pm

Originally Posted by ElJudioErrante
Did you.try arriving in SEZ with one carrier and departing with another ?
Doesnt work. I can get arriving into SEZ on QR,EY, or EK and departing on UL to show up on Matrix for 2900 NZD but the problem is when you go to price it with power tools it comes out 3-4x higher
Old May 17, 2018, 4:40 pm

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
Doesnt work. I can get arriving into SEZ on QR,EY, or EK and departing on UL to show up on Matrix for 2900 NZD but the problem is when you go to price it with power tools it comes out 3-4x higher
What dates and routing are you trying. Try MAD-LHR and then BA63 to SEZ. EK will get you to DXB and your choice from there. I get a similar price in CAD.

James
Old May 17, 2018, 4:44 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, A3 Gold, Sixt Diamond
“BA SEZ EK DXB” works, but when you add a stopover (>24h) in SEZ, the price almost doubles.

ExpertFlyer shows two prices for this I fare, but I can’t figure out what leads to the selection of the higher price. The fare rules are identical...?
Old May 17, 2018, 4:55 pm

Originally Posted by Flying for Fun
What dates and routing are you trying. Try MAD-LHR and then BA63 to SEZ. EK will get you to DXB and your choice from there. I get a similar price in CAD.

James

That is actually able to price now, but its kicking into Y for LHR-SEZ
Old May 17, 2018, 5:44 pm

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold

That is actually able to price now, but its kicking into Y for LHR-SEZ
I just checked BA63 on April 3rd and there isn't any R space available. It is probably too soon. Only full fare classes at this time. F2, J9, W9, Y9, and B9.

That is why you are getting Y as there isn't any discounted J to move up into.

James
Old May 18, 2018, 3:12 am

There are a number of absurd routings, as long as it stays under MPM. I managed to price out SCL-MAD-XXX-NBO-XXX-NRT where XXX could be DXB, DOH or AUH. No stopover though...
Old May 18, 2018, 6:02 am

Originally Posted by nkvuong
There are a number of absurd routings, as long as it stays under MPM. I managed to price out SCL-MAD-XXX-NBO-XXX-NRT where XXX could be DXB, DOH or AUH. No stopover though...
Any idea what that amount is?
I can't get SCL-LON-PER-NRT to price out (22k miles)
I can get SCL-MAD-JNB-HKG-NRT to price out (21k)
I can't get SCL-SYD-DOH-NRT to price out (19k)

Theres lots of inconsistency with this fare.
Old May 18, 2018, 7:30 am

what I learned about this ticket after playing around for half a year is that it is inherently broken, so do not try too hard to overthink about it. For all the tickets I bought, 18500 km each way seems to be the maximum I could do. I think it is all about availability. For certain destinations to work, it HAS to have appropriate fare class available on ALL segments, so the more carriers and segments you involve, the less likely that it will price out. When you get super greedy and want to route c2 to c3 via c6, your chance of success is astronomically small. Currently enjoying my time in MLA because DBV did not work out on the ticket, as V class was all sold out on AY for months no end, but I am not even mad because MLA is better than home!
Old May 18, 2018, 7:36 am

Any idea what that amount is?
I can't get SCL-LON-PER-NRT to price out (22k miles)
I can get SCL-MAD-JNB-HKG-NRT to price out (21k)
I can't get SCL-SYD-DOH-NRT to price out (19k)

Theres lots of inconsistency with this fare.
SCL-LON is not allowed, per this restriction
IF THE FARE COMPONENT INCLUDES TRAVEL BETWEEN SOUTH
AMERICA AND EUROPE
THEN THAT TRAVEL MUST BE ON
ONE OR MORE OF THE FOLLOWING
ANY JJ FLIGHT
ANY PZ FLIGHT
ANY LA FLIGHT
ANY XL FLIGHT
ANY 4M FLIGHT.
SYD-DOH-NRT might count as backtracking, so won't price out I think
Old May 18, 2018, 7:44 am

Originally Posted by beyounged
theoretically, SEZ is definitely possible. Heck, I have priced out MRU, TNF, RVN, etc. it does not have to be 100% easterly. trick is to use more OW carriers, but I have not personally tried SEZ because I have already been, but try SCL-MAD-DOH-SEZ, SEZ-DOH-HKG-TYO, also you need to specify routing or Matrix gets confused, so if you just leaving routing controls blank it will get overwhelmed and return no results, and if you put MAD DOH in it then you may get some luck. AY has the best availability, but RJ can help too.
Just curious, what was the routing for MRU?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.