Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] KU: CMB-IST $176, and CMB-FCO $204 C Class

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[PREM FARE GONE] KU: CMB-IST $176, and CMB-FCO $204 C Class

Search this Thread

Old Feb 4, 2018, 7:35 pm

Angry

Originally Posted by Alfredbali
Mmmm, got notification of change in flight time, now my first leg CMB-KWI is scheduled AFTER my second leg KWI-FRA aha what a joke!!!
I think i ll cancel the ticket and get full refund, new schedule doesn't fit my plans.
Mine, too. Just e-mail KU about it. Unfortunately, already booked flight to CMB from my country
Old Feb 8, 2018, 5:23 am

Hopefully someone who stopped over in Kuwait can shed some light on this because I'm terribly confused about the Kuwait visa on arrival thing.

I am a British citizen and have a GBR passport. The FCO page says I can get a visa without fee (a free visa). Other pages say its 3KWD. I called the Kuwait embassy in London to confirm and they told me it was £15. Did anyone see any signs at Kuwait airport saying how much it actually is? Thanks a lot.
Old Feb 9, 2018, 9:00 am

Hi, isn't the first change free of cost with the fare rules? Has anyone successfully changed the dates without paying any change fee?

I also have an issue with my ticket where KWI-FCO leg is now leaving earlier than CMB arrival. Not sure whom to contact.
Old Feb 11, 2018, 8:13 pm

It is free. I have already changed it with good service, love them.
Call contact center , the number is in your email or emial [email protected]

Originally Posted by kshastry
Hi, isn't the first change free of cost with the fare rules? Has anyone successfully changed the dates without paying any change fee?

I also have an issue with my ticket where KWI-FCO leg is now leaving earlier than CMB arrival. Not sure whom to contact.
Old Mar 8, 2018, 1:16 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Amb., Marriott Gold, FB Plat, BAEC Silver
Flew CMB - KWI - FRA yesterday. The reverse herringbone seats in the A330 are fine. Much better ten the regular business class seats, wich I've flown on the KWI - CMB leg (could select one for free on a Y ticket). No amenity kits. They served breakfast after takeoff at 3 AM. No service after this point. Crew was friendly.

On arrival at KWI there was a remote stand. Business passengers could deplane first. A seperate bus for the other J passenger and me.

The Dasman lounge is OK.

The B/A seats on the 77W are fine as well. Looks like the system automaticly assign people to seats on the left side, so I selected 10K. No seatmate, nobody in front of me and the middle seats were empty also. One woman upgraded herself but the crew removed her quickly. Friendly crew again, no amenity kit. This time menu's were handed out, choice of 3 main breakfast item. Food tasted well.

The pre landing snack was very small.

Had a look at the Oasis Club FF program. With this trip I'll earn about 10/K miles and another 2/K miles with my Y ticket. An upgrade from Y to J will cost only 12,5/K O/W from Indian Subcontinent to Europe.
Old Mar 9, 2018, 12:11 pm

I checked my July reservation cmb-kwi-gva RT on the kuwaitairways.com and discover flights cmb-kwi-cmb have been cancelled. Checked the flight schedules and KU362/363 has had some schedule changes deleting these flights on some days. I booked on Orbitz and still shows these flights as confirmed. Checkmytrips shows both the KU362 and KU363 as cancelled on the days of my reservation. I wanted to change the dates anyway. Will call Orbitz to begin the reschedule.
Old Mar 15, 2018, 12:08 pm

Same here missconnects at KWI resulting in 2 out of my 3 bookings invalid. I called KU’s CMB number and managed to get rebooked +/- 2 days on each booking.

The only positioning flight I had to worry about was an AA EY F Apartment award SYD-CMB that was easily changed fee free.
Old Mar 20, 2018, 8:02 pm

I contacted KU customer service to get a date change done (first time free) request via email ([email protected]). They wrote back in a very weird way, not really addressing my query of date change, but some hodge-podge things about connection time at KWI where no STPC can be provided. They seem to encourage me to claim a refund ("and they are happy to give full refund back blah blah"). There were few back and forths where I tried to point out them about my actual request, but each time got a response to go for refund! Based on my experience with them, DO NOT CONTACT KU via EMAIL (or atleast above email). They are less than helpful.
Old Mar 24, 2018, 9:57 pm

Originally Posted by kshastry
I contacted KU customer service to get a date change done (first time free) request via email ([email protected]). They wrote back in a very weird way, not really addressing my query of date change, but some hodge-podge things about connection time at KWI where no STPC can be provided. They seem to encourage me to claim a refund ("and they are happy to give full refund back blah blah"). There were few back and forths where I tried to point out them about my actual request, but each time got a response to go for refund! Based on my experience with them, DO NOT CONTACT KU via EMAIL (or atleast above email). They are less than helpful.
Yes I agree, before I contacted KU in Sri Lanka I emailed CS in Kuwait, by the time I received a response in about 3 days I had already rebooked myself with no issues, the email I received also indicated that because of the “promotional” fare my only option was to receive a refund. I ignored the email and to date my rebooked tickets are still intact :-)
Old Mar 27, 2018, 9:38 am

Programs: FLYINGBLUE Gold QRPC Gold OMAN SINDBAD Gold
Ticket booked through Expedia, date change didn t fit me, refund took about 1 month, but finally got full money back.
Old Apr 15, 2018, 5:20 am

Originally Posted by hkgg
Hopefully someone who stopped over in Kuwait can shed some light on this because I'm terribly confused about the Kuwait visa on arrival thing.

I am a British citizen and have a GBR passport. The FCO page says I can get a visa without fee (a free visa). Other pages say its 3KWD. I called the Kuwait embassy in London to confirm and they told me it was £15. Did anyone see any signs at Kuwait airport saying how much it actually is? Thanks a lot.
British passport holder , visa.on arrival is quick AND free.
Old May 7, 2018, 9:50 pm

I’m currently in Kuwait on my second trip on this fare, No problems at check in after calling KU customer service in Colombo 2 months ago to change dates after the schedule change rendered my ticket invalid.

This time though I had a snarky Imigration official at passport control giving me grief about free transit visa.
He asked to see my hotel booking? I flew in on UL 605 from MEL it gave me a 4.5hr transit I argued that why would I get a hotel if by the time I clear immi get bags and walk to departures check in will be open!! He was muttering something about needing a minimum 8hrs to be entitled to transit visa?? Anyway I shrugged and said if there was a interline agreement with UL and KU then I wouldn’t have this hassle.
He reluctantly let me through.
Old Aug 27, 2018, 12:53 pm

So my 3rd trip is over, summing up I was very happy with the overall experience. Hard product was pretty decent, I didn’t care to much for the soft product, I mainly slept and ate at lounges, but for 3 return trips for about $550 usd over 70k miles to redeem (enough for a ow EU-Asia in J) gold oasis status with the opportunity to match to other ME carriers it was a smashing deal.
Also very easy to get some pharmaceuticals in CMB to make the journey even more restful.
Cheers FT.
Old Jun 28, 2021, 3:49 am

Programs: TINDER GOLD, STARBUCKS GOLD, COSTCO EXECUTIVE!!
Reminder that your KU miles expire in 2 days, for people that flew on this fare.
PbodyPhoto likes this.
Old Jun 30, 2021, 4:55 am

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Amb., Marriott Gold, FB Plat, BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by keitherson
Reminder that your KU miles expire in 2 days, for people that flew on this fare.
I got an email stating that the miles expire date is extended. On my account it now shows 31-12-2021.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.