Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] KU: CMB-IST $176, and CMB-FCO $204 C Class

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[PREM FARE GONE] KU: CMB-IST $176, and CMB-FCO $204 C Class

Search this Thread

Old Oct 17, 2017, 12:36 am

[QUOTE=Frayed_Yak;28939443]Does anyone have any thoughts or experience with the Oasis Club?[/QUOT

wait for reply.
Old Oct 20, 2017, 4:22 am

Programs: UA LT 1K HYglob Marr LT Titanium
Flew this the other day.
cmb-kwi-fra

No issues whatsoever.
Used the transfer desk airside CMB
had to wait till ~1230am till staff were able to issue both KU BP's

CMB-KWI had 2 pax in C/F whatever it was, I had 2k and was lay flat AB330-200

I didn't bother to eat the Breakfast

Lounge in KWI was OK with plenty to eat and seemed to be refreshed frequently

KWI-FRA a 777-300 hard product was excellent, brkfst served nicely presented
Perhaps only 12 pax in C

Thank you to the OP!
Old Oct 21, 2017, 12:41 pm

Originally Posted by Nomad98
Any luck in canceling the ticket ? what were the fees. thanks
My request for the cancellation received the automated reply below, so I had to contact the local office. I was advised to email them the request, whereby they then issued an email to Kuwait Airways Ticket Refunds ,cc'd me in it, to notify that the ticket was cancelled and to process the refund. There is apparently a USD 70 cancellation fee, so that wipes out 35% of the USD200 fare ... ouch coz it was for a party of 6

On the bright side, there is some refund despite having to jump through hoops and lots of calls.

Hope the above helps & Safe flying folks!!

IBE Refund <[email protected]>
To: Squzair

Oct 5 at 7:59 PM

Dear customer,

We acknowledge with thanks receipt of your refund request and would like to assure you that our best attention will rendered to your request . Kindly note that you must cancel your reservation with nearby Kuwait Airways Office in order to avoid any error in processing the refund . We will process your claim according to your ticket fare rules and regulations within two weeks from date of receipt and relevant credit notification will be sent to your e-mail address stated in your claim . If you have any query , please do not hesitate to contact the undersigned .

Thanks,

Coordinator Ticket Refunds

Tel.: 00965 24345555 Ext. 4401 Fax:00965 24736103

E-mail:[email protected]
Old Oct 25, 2017, 4:16 pm

Programs: AA PLT, Marriott GLD
Originally Posted by Squzair
My request for the cancellation received the automated reply below, so I had to contact the local office. I was advised to email them the request, whereby they then issued an email to Kuwait Airways Ticket Refunds ,cc'd me in it, to notify that the ticket was cancelled and to process the refund. There is apparently a USD 70 cancellation fee, so that wipes out 35% of the USD200 fare ... ouch coz it was for a party of 6

On the bright side, there is some refund despite having to jump through hoops and lots of calls.

Hope the above helps & Safe flying folks!!

IBE Refund <[email protected]>
To: Squzair

Oct 5 at 7:59 PM

Dear customer,

We acknowledge with thanks receipt of your refund request and would like to assure you that our best attention will rendered to your request . Kindly note that you must cancel your reservation with nearby Kuwait Airways Office in order to avoid any error in processing the refund . We will process your claim according to your ticket fare rules and regulations within two weeks from date of receipt and relevant credit notification will be sent to your e-mail address stated in your claim . If you have any query , please do not hesitate to contact the undersigned .

Thanks,

Coordinator Ticket Refunds

Tel.: 00965 24345555 Ext. 4401 Fax:00965 24736103

E-mail:[email protected]
Thank you. I booked only one way ticket, so I am guessing the cancellation fee is only $30 as listed in the fare rules!
Old Oct 27, 2017, 4:10 am

Programs: QR-G, TK-E , WY-G
One more report,no issues at all, CMB-KWI-FCO,transfer desk in CMB about 10 min.,Araliya lounge to forget;as for KWI lounge I found the restrooms not too clean.
CMB-KWI 330 F seats good, I slept all the way to KWI,crew excellent;KWI-FCO 320 J seats angled as expected, cabin was almost full,crew just ok.
Another thank you to the OP.
Old Oct 31, 2017, 9:47 am

Originally Posted by shimura
CMB-KWI 330 F seats good
How far out were you able to select the F seats? I’m 2 months out and can only see and select in the J 2-2-2 cabin?
Old Oct 31, 2017, 11:55 am

Programs: QR-G, TK-E , WY-G
Originally Posted by Croupier
How far out were you able to select the F seats? I’m 2 months out and can only see and select in the J 2-2-2 cabin?
If you cannot select F seats it means KU is selling 3 seat classes on that day,so you can select only rows 6-10, if the plane is a A300-200;tomorrow, for example, it is a 777-300ER, sold as 3 classes,Jan 10th it is a 330-200 sold as 3 classes,these are from experflyer maps.
Old Oct 31, 2017, 12:08 pm

Originally Posted by shimura
If you cannot select F seats it means KU is selling 3 seat classes on that day,so you can select only rows 6-10, if the plane is a A300-200;tomorrow, for example, it is a 777-300ER, sold as 3 classes,Jan 10th it is a 330-200 sold as 3 classes,these are from experflyer maps.
Wow I must have bad luck then, all my 3 bookings 6 sectors CMB-KWI/KWI-CMB must be selling F cabin, :-(
Old Nov 26, 2017, 5:07 pm

Originally Posted by Croupier
Wow I must have bad luck then, all my 3 bookings 6 sectors CMB-KWI/KWI-CMB must be selling F cabin, :-(
you should check back every now and then. when i made my booking, i was also only able to select the J seats for CMB-KWI, but just checked earlier today and it allowed me to choose the F seats, so perhaps yours may also change.
Old Dec 7, 2017, 7:16 pm

Originally Posted by hkgg
you should check back every now and then. when i made my booking, i was also only able to select the J seats for CMB-KWI, but just checked earlier today and it allowed me to choose the F seats, so perhaps yours may also change.
Ha Ha right on.
Just checked again today and can select the F cabin on CMB-KWI, all 3 trips, happy days.
Old Dec 11, 2017, 9:08 pm

Hi All,

I've just flew the first leg of my CMB-GVA-CMB and am now in Geneva.

My scheduled return is on the 29 Dec, for the GVA-KWI-CMB leg, and will
arrive CMB only on the morning of 30 Dec.

However, due to some unforseen circumstances, I am needed to be in CMB on the 29 Dec.

I am unable to understand fully the Fare Rules for any change in flight dates.
Can anyone share any experience to change the 2nd leg of the flight to an earlier date?

Any input is much appreciated.

Thanks very much!!
Old Dec 13, 2017, 7:31 pm

Programs: Aeroplan
Thanks to the OP. I just flew my first legs.
CMB-KWI I was "upgraded" first class seats. First class was all full due to a lot of upgrades - overnight service was mediocre, but good seat.
Second leg, KWI-FCO in business class on the 777. I was not given first class even though there was first class. I saw one person in that cabin. Business class had about 8 passengers. Service very good, including strawberry juice offered during preboarding. Nice amenity kit.

KU doesn't offer the best world's most luxurious product but I was pleasantly surprised, to the point if they keep their normal competitive pricing, I'd strongly consider flying with them again.
Old Dec 13, 2017, 9:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
Originally Posted by Frayed_Yak
Thanks to the OP. I just flew my first legs.
CMB-KWI I was "upgraded" first class seats. First class was all full due to a lot of upgrades - overnight service was mediocre, but good seat.
Second leg, KWI-FCO in business class on the 777. I was not given first class even though there was first class. I saw one person in that cabin. Business class had about 8 passengers. Service very good, including strawberry juice offered during preboarding. Nice amenity kit.
That makes sense... first class seating for biz class pax is available on 3-class planes sold as 2-class. The FCO flight was operating as 3-class, sold as 3-class.
Old Jan 7, 2018, 12:55 am

Flew CMB-KWI yesterday, 2 hour delay, but was informed by email a few hours in advance. Only one other pax in 'F' cabin on A330-200. No issues at airport check-in, online check-in was not possible, probably wanted to check my eligibility for Kuwait visa on arrival. Service was limited but purser was friendly, dry airline, no F&B menu's, only one meal service which wasn't great, no other snacks available later on in the flight. Seat was a bit 'hard' and IFE interface annoying. Big IFE screen, but lacked touch-screen feature. Now heading to airport for KWI-IST flight, another 3.5 hour delayed, but again informed in advanced this morning via email. Still great a fare! Big thank you to OP!

PS: Visa on arrival process. This can easily take up to an hour.
1) Head upstairs and follow 'Visa Issuing' sign
2) Take a queue number from the machine (select VISA, not e-Visa) & an immigration form
3) Make a copy of your passport
4) Withdraw some Kuwaiti dinar from the ATM (you need 3KD for visa)
5) Get Visa fee sticker from machine (3KD)
6) Complete the immigration form and wait for your number to be called. Pay attention, if you wait a few seconds too long you'll lose your spot in the queue and need to start the waiting game over.
7) After your got you VISA, have it stamped by the officer on the right next to the one who issued your VISA
8) Head downstairs to immigration where you can pass after showing your VISA
9) In case your luggage belt is no longer shown, ask at KU counter where you can find it. Probably just standing next to the belt where it was delivered before.

Last edited by bartla; Jan 7, 2018 at 2:09 am Reason: adding visa on arrival advice
Old Feb 4, 2018, 10:22 am

Programs: FLYINGBLUE Gold QRPC Gold OMAN SINDBAD Gold
Mmmm, got notification of change in flight time, now my first leg CMB-KWI is scheduled AFTER my second leg KWI-FRA aha what a joke!!!
I think i ll cancel the ticket and get full refund, new schedule doesn't fit my plans.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.