Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE]QR Business (R) SGN-Various USA/EU/South America from $553 USD RT

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 31, 2017, 8:56 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: platbrownguy
Original premium fare deal was for QR J class travel, originating in Vietnam (SGN and HAN) to several destinations across the Americas, Europe, and Africa. Travel period 8/2017 - 3/2018 inclusive, RT fares in the USD 500 - 700 range (USD $0.05 base fare).

Reports have now been circulating that all held, non-purchased fares have been canceled by the airline. Some held and then purchased fares were also canceled, but several reports indicate at least some of those have been re-instated.

For more information on flying Qatar Airways, visit the FT forum: Qatar Airways | Privilege Club. This thread in that forum is especially useful: Qatar Airways Forum Dashboard.

This wikipost is intended to help us better understand if there are any trends (by route, travel date, and/or held/ticketed status) in these cancellations. In all entries, please include: outbound or inbound departure date, origin-destination, original ticket status (only *if* "Held" or "Ticketed after Hold"), and current ticket status only *if* your ticket was cancelled ("Cancelled" or "Cancelled & Reinstated").

August HAN/SGN-XXX & XXX-HAN/SGN
Aug 05 SGN-Africa - Ticketed after Hold.
Aug 08 SGN-EZE
Aug 13 EZE-SGN
Aug 23 HAN-FRA

September HAN/SGN-XXX & XXX-HAN/SGN
Sep XX HAN-GRU
Sep 21 SGN-JFK
Sep 30 SGN-ORD - mster
Sep XX HAN-PHL
Sep XX SGN-JFK
Sep XX SGN-JFK - Held. Cancelled & Reinstated.

October HAN/SGN-XXX & XXX-HAN/SGN
Oct 03 ORD-SGN - mster
Oct 07 SGN-DFW - mster
Oct 13 DFW-SGN - mster
Oct XX SGN-JNB

November HAN/SGN-XXX & XXX-HAN/SGN
Nov 05 SGN-JFK - trapped
Nov 07 JFK-SGN - trapped
Nov 09 SGN-ORD - trapped
Nov 16 ORD-SGN - trapped
Nov XX HAN-PHL - Ticketed after Hold.

December HAN/SGN-XXX & XXX-HAN/SGN
Dec 23 SGN-DFW pbg
Dec 28 DFW-SGN pbg
Dec 28 SGN-DFW
Dec XX SGN-DFW

January HAN/SGN-XXX & XXX-HAN/SGN
Jan 10 DFW-SGN
Jan 11 HAN-DFW
Jan 13 DFW-HAN
Jan 25 SGN-ORD - Booked via OTA. Davem4 (Happy for SGN meet late Jan)
Jan 31 HAN-ATL - mster
Jan XX SGN-SOF
Jan XX HAN-PHL - Ticketed after Hold.
Jan XX SGN-Africa
Jan XX DFW-SGN
Jan XX SGN-PHL
Jan XX SGN-EZE/GRU - Three RTs.
Jan XX SGN-DFW
Jan XX SGN-DFW

February HAN/SGN-XXX & XXX-HAN/SGN
Feb 20 ATL-HAN - mster
Feb XX SGN-JNB
Feb XX PHL-SGN
Feb XX GRU-SGN - Three RTs.
Feb 09 ORD-SGN - Booked via OTA. Davem4
Feb 10 SGN-WAW - Booked via OTA. - Davem4
Feb XX SGN-JFK - Booked via OTA - lcpteck

March HAN/SGN-XXX & XXX-HAN/SGN
Mar 01 SGN-ATL - mster
Mar 07 ATL-SGN - mster
Mar 04 SGN-JFK
Mar 19 JFK-SGN
Mar 01 HAN-MIA
Mar 04 MIA-HAN
Mar XX SGN-DFW
Mar XX SGN-DFW
Mar 03 WAW-SGN - Booked via OTA. - Davem4 (Happy for SGN meet early Mar)

Held & Cancelled
Aug XX SGN-FRA - Held. Cancelled.
Oct XX SGN-JFK - Held. Cancelled.
Nov / Feb SGN-PHL - Held. Cancelled. (Held ~7:30pm. No record when I went to ticket Monday @8:30am.)
Jan / Feb SGN-JFK - Held. Cancelled.
Print Wikipost

[FARE GONE]QR Business (R) SGN-Various USA/EU/South America from $553 USD RT

Search this Thread

Old Aug 2, 2017, 10:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by mster
Been dead for about a 1/2 hour now
Guess it's not totally dead as i just saw (on FB) and reserved a night in Jan.
Old Aug 2, 2017, 10:27 am

Originally Posted by dsquared37
Guess it's not totally dead as i just saw (on FB) and reserved a night in Jan.
Yeah, still seeing some inventory left after all. Only works if you're flying solo - rate limited to booking for 1 adult.
Old Aug 2, 2017, 10:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Yeah, still seeing some inventory left after all. Only works if you're flying solo - rate limited to booking for 1 adult.
Using the motto: book now, deal with work/spouse later, I'm traveling solo.

Otherwise booking two rooms will still amount to 0 assuming the price is honored.
Old Aug 2, 2017, 10:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
Been dead for about a 1/2 hour now
I booked the entire month of October 2018 about 30 min after your post. I know it wont stick but one can hope. It found very little close in.
Old Aug 2, 2017, 1:09 pm

Did any of you that required a proof of payment receive any word back?
Old Aug 2, 2017, 1:28 pm

Has anyone been able to ticket a canceled ticket that was on hold? We have written and called Customer Care and they say they are reviewing things.
Old Aug 2, 2017, 1:48 pm

Originally Posted by spellbound2
Has anyone been able to ticket a canceled ticket that was on hold? We have written and called Customer Care and they say they are reviewing things.
I was told they are having technical problems and are trying to fix it. My "hold" expires in 4 more hours so I'm nervous.
Old Aug 2, 2017, 2:10 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, UA 1k.
Originally Posted by staticx813
here's my story:

Dear ,

This is in reference to your email dated 1st August 2017.

On behalf of Qatar Airways, we would like to apologize for the system error which has regrettably cancelled your flight reservation - (my PNR here).

We have initiated an investigation to ensure that all necessary steps are taken to prevent similar situations from occurring in the future. Meanwhile, your booking has been reinstated and we look forward to welcoming you on board Qatar Airways.

Sincerely yours,

Customer Care Officer
Reply to my complaint about 3 bookings sounds the same except that "Meanwhile, your booking has been reinstated and we look forward to welcoming you on board Qatar Airways" was replaced with "Once again we would like to apologize for any inconvenience caused."

So no reinstatement for me
Old Aug 2, 2017, 3:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by CAWineNerd
I was told they are having technical problems and are trying to fix it. My "hold" expires in 4 more hours so I'm nervous.
Curious to hear what happens or if any held reservations are honored. My hold expired yesterday, but I was told by Twitter team to contact customer service to see what they could do.
Old Aug 2, 2017, 4:05 pm

I paid for my hold. When I called earlier "Eddy" (support people always have fake names) said that when the technical issues were resolved my hold would be reinstated. Now when I try to call I only get a busy signal.
Old Aug 2, 2017, 4:32 pm

Welp, got my hold fee reimbursed. Less hassle than the Alitalia debacle earlier this year. "Error" fares are a PITA.
Old Aug 2, 2017, 8:10 pm

I might need some guidance here:

. Booked right away and ¨paid¨ with the Chase Ink. (Working down the signup bonus!)
. Got one e-mail asking for passport and paid credit card statement. (Not sure the paid piece since it was posting as ¨pending¨ in the chase webpage).
. Submitted my answer and got a second e-mail reminding me to answer the first one.
. Submitted again and uploaded a case in QR system.

. Now I do not see the charge at all in the Chase pending - posted charges and when trying to access qatarairways.com get the following:

Access Denied
You don't have permission to access "http://www.qatarairways.com/" on this server.

Anybody in a similar plane/boat?

Much appreciated, S.-
Old Aug 2, 2017, 8:37 pm

Programs: SQ AA TK
Originally Posted by Sisifo
I might need some guidance here:

. Booked right away and ¨paid¨ with the Chase Ink. (Working down the signup bonus!)
. Got one e-mail asking for passport and paid credit card statement. (Not sure the paid piece since it was posting as ¨pending¨ in the chase webpage).
. Submitted my answer and got a second e-mail reminding me to answer the first one.
. Submitted again and uploaded a case in QR system.

. Now I do not see the charge at all in the Chase pending - posted charges and when trying to access qatarairways.com get the following:

Access Denied
You don't have permission to access "http://www.qatarairways.com/" on this server.

Anybody in a similar plane/boat?

Much appreciated, S.-
Try putting an s behind the http.

https://.....
Old Aug 2, 2017, 8:40 pm

Originally Posted by dfs24
Try putting an s behind the http.

https://.....
Worked like a charm! Thanks.
Old Aug 2, 2017, 8:44 pm
Ambassador: LATAM

Programs: BAEC Silver
What's all this nonsense?

I put in my details, paid with my Colombian Visa and it just went straight through.

Do they recognise I have used it before or they know that my Name / FF no. combo from last time when I didn't use a stolen credit card?

Admittedly my bank called me ten times the following morning to ask how come I'd been shopping in Vietnam. But I've never had this security shenanigans with Qatar's website

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.