Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] ET: CAI-AKL o/w in J as low as US$440

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 5, 2017, 10:35 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SQueeze
IF these are not canceled, Month of flight, routing, list your handle,and then any results/updates.

Jan 2018 CAI-ADD-HKG-AKL-HKG-ADD-CAI Coffee84 ( J/ cx I )
JAN 2018 CAI-ADD-SIN-AKL Oliverio (ET/SQ in D)
Feb 2018 CAI-ADD-SIN-AKL-SIN-ADD-CAI Zebranz (all D)
Mar 2018 CAI-ADD-SIN-AKL Coffee84 (J/ sq D)
May 2018 CAI-ADD-SIN-CHC-SIN-ADD-CAI Zebranz (all D)
May 2018 CAI-ADD-SIN-AKL-SIN-ADD-CAI. Trappy (ALL D CLASS)
May 2018 CAI-ADD-SIN-AKL Kiwifruit (ET/J;SQ/D)
Print Wikipost

[PREM FARE GONE] ET: CAI-AKL o/w in J as low as US$440

Search this Thread

Old Jul 7, 2017, 12:09 pm

Programs: AA EXP, AS G75K
was on hold with Tripsta for 35+ minutes before I got someone. They will contact ET and get back to me lol.
Old Jul 7, 2017, 12:13 pm

Programs: Aeroplan
Originally Posted by Coffee84
Did you notice they copied everyone's email addr in the message
Really not cool.
Old Jul 7, 2017, 1:25 pm

Programs: UA PP (2MM), BA gold
Originally Posted by Frayed_Yak
Really not cool.
Even less cool for people to respond to ET with sarcastic email and "reply all."
Old Jul 7, 2017, 1:55 pm
p78
Suspended

Programs: BA Silver, Aegan Gold, Hilton Diamond
Dear Mr. Niguusie,

Thank you for your email.

First, I would like to note that when Ethiopian Airlines sells a ticket, it enters into an enforceable, legal, binding contract with each customer who purchases said ticket, with a set of rules and regulations set by the tariff, Ethiopian Airlines, and the governments and regulators of the country where the ticket was sold, the governments and regulators of the country where the ticket originates, the governments and regulators of the country where the ticket transits, and the governments and regulators of the destination country.

The tickets that you sold to each of us are subject to a certain set of penalties for any unilateral cancellation, this includes a cancellation charge.

In the email above you are stating that Ethiopian Airlines is choosing to unilaterally cancel these tickets due to what you are calling a "wrong fare calculation." You are contacting us more two days after the tickets have been issued and after Ethiopian Airlines entered into a legally-binding enforceable contract with its customers who purchased said tickets.

I would like to remind Ethiopian Airlines, that if I was a customer that booked a ticket due to an error on my part, I would be required to pay a cancellation fee (assuming the ticket was cancellable). Thus, since you, Mr. Niguusie, in the name of Ethiopian Airlines, are looking to cancel the tickets you are subject to the same penalties that a customer would be subject to if they choose to unilaterally choose to cancel a ticket, as specified by the fare rules.

In my view, Ethiopian Airlines has two options:
1. Reinstate the tickets in business class.
2. Issue a full refund of the amount that I have paid, plus an amount equivalent to the cancellation fee that is part of the contract that you have agreed to when you issued a ticket.

Failing to pay this amount will result in:
1. Legal action against Ethiopian Airlines for failing to hold up its end of the legally-binding contract and for engaging in repeated deceptive advertising practices.
2. A report about deceptive practices and breach of contract with consumers to, among others,
- Ethiopian Trade Practice and Consumers Protection Authority (Ministry of Trade);
- Ethiopian Civil Aviation Authority;
- Consumer Protection Agency of Egypt;
- Civil Aviation Authority of Egypt;
- Egypt Corruption Report;
- Corrupt Practices Investigation Bureau of Singapore;
- The Consumers Association of Singapore (CASE);
- Civil Aviation Authority of Singapore
- Consumer Protection Division of the Ministry of Business Innovation and Employment of New Zealand;
- Serious Fraud Office (New Zealand);
- the Department of Transportation (USA) [as the ticket was sold by a US-based online travel agency];
- Civil Aviation Authority of New Zealand;
- International Air Transport Association (IATA);

Ethiopian Airlines has a long track record for defrauding consumers with these so-called "wrong fare calculations" which will not be difficult to show.

Second, by revealing the identity of your valued customers to other valued customers you have violated a number of privacy laws in multiple countries. I will review my options and will get back to you with my request for what I think is a reasonable compensation for this data breach.

I wish you a pleasant weekend. Please feel free to call or email me if you would like to discuss your options.

Warmest regards,

xxxxxxxxxx, Ph.D.
Old Jul 7, 2017, 1:59 pm

Programs: A3*G, UA Gold EY Silver
The fun begins
Old Jul 7, 2017, 2:39 pm

Programs: United 1K 2 Million Miles, BA Silver, Marriott Platinum Elite, Hyatt Globalist
Mine still shows in Expedia as booked and confirmed, there is no need to call us to reconfirm.. not had an email either.... Thoughts please
Old Jul 7, 2017, 2:42 pm

Programs: AA EXP, AS G75K
Originally Posted by Trappy
Mine still shows in Expedia as booked and confirmed, there is no need to call us to reconfirm.. not had an email either.... Thoughts please
I got the email - but when i called Priceline - they said "Well, it's confirmed .. oh wait - it's suspended, hmmm" then they called ET and confirmed it was an unusable ticket
Old Jul 7, 2017, 8:01 pm

Programs: United 1K 2 Million Miles, BA Silver, Marriott Platinum Elite, Hyatt Globalist
Has anyone else who booked thru Expedia heard anything?
Old Jul 8, 2017, 1:51 am

Programs: SPG*P50, M&B*G, LH*G, Hilton Diamond
Nothing from their side, called in yesterday after ticket had been changed but before e-mail from ET and she said everything looked fine (HK1 on Worldspan).
Now trying to get someone from the social media people look into it, in my experience they are better trained than the ones answering the phone (could be pure coincidence, though).
Old Jul 8, 2017, 5:47 am

Programs: BA: GOLD, MARRIOTT: TITANIUM, IHG: PLAT, HILTON: GOLD
Nothing, my booking is from Expedia UK. I didn't even get the email from ET yet.
Old Jul 8, 2017, 8:21 am

Programs: AA Exp
Originally Posted by p78
Dear Mr. Niguusie,

[...]

xxxxxxxxxx, Ph.D.
I am no stranger of taking advantage of mistake/error/sale fares, but are you sure you want to pursue this in such a manner?

Ethiopian did notify you pretty quickly, Ethiopian provides vital airlinks for the population and Ethiopia is one of the poorest countries in the world (although I assume the execs are taking care of themselves quite well)...
Old Jul 8, 2017, 9:34 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA gold, A3 gold
Originally Posted by gnargel
I am no stranger of taking advantage of mistake/error/sale fares, but are you sure you want to pursue this in such a manner?

Ethiopian did notify you pretty quickly, Ethiopian provides vital airlinks for the population and Ethiopia is one of the poorest countries in the world (although I assume the execs are taking care of themselves quite well)...
I don't think that was p78's reply - I believe they just posted a reply-all somebody sent to their batch.
Old Jul 8, 2017, 7:14 pm

Booked through orbitz, received an email from ET but on orbitz.com the itinerary shows nothing unusual (or about any cancellation)
Old Jul 9, 2017, 5:22 am

Programs: AA Exp
Originally Posted by iloveipods
I don't think that was p78's reply - I believe they just posted a reply-all somebody sent to their batch.
If so, apologies p78!
Old Jul 9, 2017, 7:26 am

Programs: UA PP (2MM), BA gold
No patience like COFFEE84 to wait on hold so I emailed Tripsta.com. Response to send ET email. Awaiting status. My Flights and ET web site still shows as confirmed.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.