Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] ET: CAI-AKL o/w in J as low as US$440

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 5, 2017, 10:35 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SQueeze
IF these are not canceled, Month of flight, routing, list your handle,and then any results/updates.

Jan 2018 CAI-ADD-HKG-AKL-HKG-ADD-CAI Coffee84 ( J/ cx I )
JAN 2018 CAI-ADD-SIN-AKL Oliverio (ET/SQ in D)
Feb 2018 CAI-ADD-SIN-AKL-SIN-ADD-CAI Zebranz (all D)
Mar 2018 CAI-ADD-SIN-AKL Coffee84 (J/ sq D)
May 2018 CAI-ADD-SIN-CHC-SIN-ADD-CAI Zebranz (all D)
May 2018 CAI-ADD-SIN-AKL-SIN-ADD-CAI. Trappy (ALL D CLASS)
May 2018 CAI-ADD-SIN-AKL Kiwifruit (ET/J;SQ/D)
Print Wikipost

[PREM FARE GONE] ET: CAI-AKL o/w in J as low as US$440

Search this Thread

Old Jul 5, 2017, 4:55 pm

Programs: TINDER GOLD, STARBUCKS GOLD, COSTCO EXECUTIVE!!
Originally Posted by iloveipods
Also, I would suggest folks avoid posting their full fare basis info as that would make it easier to track down the fares. Small chance of making a difference but I imagine every little bit helps.
Your suggestion is based on completely false information. They already know the fare basis codes. That's how they pulled the fare to begin with. It's the entire basis for the "mistake fare".
Old Jul 5, 2017, 4:58 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA gold, A3 gold
Originally Posted by keitherson
Your suggestion is based on completely false information. They already know the fare basis codes. That's how they pulled the fare to begin with. It's the entire basis for the "mistake fare".
There are multiple fare bases involved. The way fare bases can be filed is a percentage / absolute difference that references another fare. There can be dozens of fares impacted if the "master" fare is fat fingered, so it could be a rats nest to figure out which PNRs are impacted.

But hey, what do I know, I only worked for an OTA and worked with airline RM departments to file fares myself, as well as successfully challenging and getting one of the first "special saver" fares to be honored on SK OSL-PVG back in 2005.
Old Jul 5, 2017, 5:01 pm

Does anyone have a copy of the "D" fare basis codes?
Best practice is to save these during the ticketing process. Next logical place to look is by pulling up your PNR on the airline website, which in ET's case shows the complete fare rules at the bottom of the page when you pull it up on their site.
Old Jul 5, 2017, 5:09 pm

Programs: AA EXP, AS G75K
Has anybody ever considered something along these lines for any of the ET fares:
- assuming you are not contacted ahead of time, showing up at the airport.
- if they attempt to downgrade you or not fly, say you have a confirmed business class ticket to your destination. if they are sticking to their guns, have them run your credit card for the difference.
- dispute with credit card for the difference because merchant altered the amount for the service after purchase.

Risky but I bet if you have something written from ET that says "we don't feel like honoring this because we sold it to you at a price we no longer like" then there is a good chance the CC company will side with you
I went through the Ethiopian site and updated my seats and made sure my email addr was there - and i received an email w/ the itinerary confirmed. I'd think that would be documentation enough - they also attach a tripcase doc and e-ticket receipt
Old Jul 5, 2017, 5:13 pm

Originally Posted by Coffee84
I went through the Ethiopian site and updated my seats and made sure my email addr was there - and i received an email w/ the itinerary confirmed. I'd think that would be documentation enough -
Interesting to hear about the additional e-mail confirmation when adding your contact info directly on the website. I was debating about whether or not to provide them additional contact information there.
Old Jul 5, 2017, 6:09 pm

Programs: AA EXP, AS G75K
Interesting to hear about the additional e-mail confirmation when adding your contact info directly on the website. I was debating about whether or not to provide them additional contact information there.
If they decide to yank it - that's fine - no big deal. What i found interesting was on their website it shows the cx legs as "Economy" but on the tripcase doc and e-ticket it shows Business I confirmed. It also looks like a CX marketed and Operated flight which means I could credit to AS should this go through. With my status it's a crazy 1.93cpm and nearly 40k award miles .. HKG-AKL r/t
Old Jul 5, 2017, 6:11 pm

Programs: TINDER GOLD, STARBUCKS GOLD, COSTCO EXECUTIVE!!
Best practice is to save these during the ticketing process. Next logical place to look is by pulling up your PNR on the airline website, which in ET's case shows the complete fare rules at the bottom of the page when you pull it up on their site.
Fare basis codes that are pulled do not show up online.

And yes, multiple fare basis codes were involved and all 3 of them were pulled.
Old Jul 5, 2017, 7:19 pm

Programs: LH*S (FTL), OZ*G, Accor gold, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by scibuff
Skyjet, Travelpack, Tripsta ... why do you book at those idiotic OTAs when this was widely available on priceline/orbitz/expedia?
In order to avoid CC currency conversion loses if the ticket will be canceled and refunded.
Old Jul 5, 2017, 7:57 pm

Fare basis codes that are pulled do not show up online.

And yes, multiple fare basis codes were involved and all 3 of them were pulled.
Now that is completely false information. Fare bases show up just fine for me on multiple reservations on ET's website.

I'm not going to debate fare bases in an open forum as it is wait and see time.
Old Jul 6, 2017, 1:02 am

JAN 18 CAI-ADD-SIN-AKL (ET/SQ in D) - pls add to wiki
Old Jul 6, 2017, 3:11 am
Company Representative: MyFlights App

Programs: MyFlights GOLD :)
Not trying to promote my app (as I know most of Flyertalk are already users), but to help with the constant checking for booking cancellations etc., you can use MyFlights for these bookings.

The Singapore code is Amadeus and the ET code is Sabre - both will work in MyFlights, but for the ET booking reference you will need to ensure you have an email address in your booking - once added on the ET site, you'll be able to add it to MyFlights
Old Jul 6, 2017, 3:11 am

Programs: M&M FTL, TK*EPL, A3*G, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by SPlDER
In order to avoid CC currency conversion loses if the ticket will be canceled and refunded.
You can always request the difference from the card issuer - you just need to ask your bank to request the redund from visa/mastercard/whatever.
Takes a while but it works (if you don't have incredibly ...... bank) and it allows you not to book on ...... OTAs.

Greetings
Old Jul 6, 2017, 4:43 am

Originally Posted by SPlDER
Expedia has local websites in pretty every major currency
Old Jul 6, 2017, 7:58 am

Programs: SPG*P50, M&B*G, LH*G, Hilton Diamond
I am/was due to fly mid August 17 until a few moments ago everything was unchanged. Now my coupons on Sabre have changed form OK TO FLY to CONFIRMED and the ticket on Amadeus (pulled through the SQ leg-localizer) has vanished (just some fragments remain).
Ticket as such still exists and coupons have not (yet) been put to VOID or EXCHANGED.

Looks like they're putting an end to the party relatively quickly. See what happens next, booked through ebookers for a reason.
Old Jul 6, 2017, 8:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by ChristianMUC
booked through ebookers for a reason.
May I ask what reason? Have you had good experiences with them "fighting" airline cancellations in the past?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.