Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] Af/cz : Tun-rep $972 rt

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 25, 2017, 8:51 am
Used to be highman123
Original Poster

- letter soup - books into J,I,Z

- lot's of routings, more than 15k miles flown

- even at just 100% credit a cool CPM under 7

- comes up on orbitz.com

https://www.kayak.com/flights/TUN-RE...02-15/business
Old Mar 25, 2017, 10:11 pm

Great find!
Old Mar 25, 2017, 10:30 pm

Programs: BMI Diamond Club Gold forever
Interesting, just filed about 10 days ago

It's a routing fare with only one routing filed: TUN-CZ/AF-PAR-CZ-CAN-CZ-REP but free stopovers as a result of being a routing fare and that can be very useful for parking a ticket and using the remainder later. Not exactly a breeze to position for this one though ;-) And max stay is only 3 months, so you can't park it for long.

45 day advanced purchase, 240EUR change and totally non-refundable...
Old Mar 26, 2017, 12:03 am

Programs: Croatia FlyOnline Buy 5 Get 1 Free
Other tun-rep thread

Is this the same as the below?

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/premium-fare-deals/1779720-skyteam-tun-rep-rt-872eur-biz.html
Old Mar 26, 2017, 12:27 pm

Could I book the free stopovers and issue the ticket with Air France or China Southern directly?

Also at this fare, I see only Feb 1 - Feb 15th on Google Flights. Is anyone seeing different or far away dates ?

Thanks
Old Mar 26, 2017, 9:53 pm

Programs: DL Diamond; Marriott Titanium
Seemed like there are a few dates available min of 6 days, starting at the end of Nov 17.
Old Mar 26, 2017, 10:23 pm

Programs: BMI Diamond Club Gold forever
I think you are just using booking engines that wont return results if there is no Z class inventory for TUN-CDG, and that may be a tougher segment to find space in (especially right on the other side of the 45 day advanced purchase date). It also appears that AF doesnt fly this every day of the week. But you can book in W (economy) for that first/last segment if Z space isnt available. Google Flights is mediocre at best, use something like ITA with month long search to find dates where outbound or return is available and then piece together. It is bookable from 45 days from now, not easy but it is there...
Old Mar 29, 2017, 2:15 am

Great find MightyTravels, was also able to find it on Opodo to spend Christmas in Cambodia
Old Mar 29, 2017, 3:23 am

Programs: KLM Elite for life; LH Senator for life
Interesting fare for me! Thanks OP.

Has anybody experience with an Airside Transfer at TUN?
I would like to arrive from CDG with AF 1184 and leave with the same plane (AF 1185) back to Paris. Can one stay Airside??
Is this feasible???
Old Mar 29, 2017, 3:55 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by Terbang

I would like to arrive from CDG with AF 1184 and leave with the same plane (AF 1185) back to Paris. Can one stay Airside??
Is this feasible???
I was in Tunis last week. Unfortunately I originated my trip from TUN so I didn't have experience with the transit facilities. But I can still tell you something about the airport.

TU is the biggest carrier and the national carrier at TUN with lots of connecting passengers. So connection should be ok but I am afraid you have to go through a security check. At the gate I saw that departures and arrivals are on the same floor. But I didn't notice transit desk.

Security can be quite busy, so do passport controls. I spent 45 minutes to go through both. Given your connection time will be roughly 1 hour, I don't recommend doing a turnaround. You should consider taking an earlier AF flight or depart from ORY on TU.
Old Mar 29, 2017, 8:33 am
Used to be highman123
Original Poster

Originally Posted by matthewth
Great find MightyTravels, was also able to find it on Opodo to spend Christmas in Cambodia
Great to hear! The temples are fun. It's crowded though - it was likely the busiest sunrise I have ever witnessed
Old Mar 29, 2017, 12:55 pm

Programs: VA WP, NZ *A SG
I've visited 43 countries across 5 continents and Diem Reap was by far the cheapest place I've ever been.
Old Nov 17, 2017, 11:49 am
Used to be highman123
Original Poster

This also works to Nha Trang now (CXR).

https://www.justfly.com/flight/searc...rby_airports=0
Old Nov 17, 2017, 4:59 pm

Originally Posted by Terbang

Is this feasible???
I tried it once and they wouldn’t let me stay airside trough the transfer circuit as i had two separate tickets. I have no idea whether it was the actual rule or an interpretation by the guys then, but that happened once and therefore could happen again.

Also so be aware that passport checks can take some time. In addition, there used to be a requirement to pay an exit tax (which may have been lifted). In case it’s still compulsory, it takes another 30’ to get some cash, pay the tax, get a receipt, etc. In general, the airport is quite chaotic. Not much to do neither.

I’d recommend a 3-hr stop to be on the safe side. Or make it 5 or 6 hours and go have lunch in Sidi Bousaid, a very charming coastal village (Think: white houses, blue sea) just a few clicks from the airport (15’ by cab).

AF flies to Tunis 3 or 4 Times a day so it’s easy to organize (plus Tunisair and Transavia and other carriers from Orly). Have fun!
Old Nov 17, 2017, 11:30 pm

Programs: AF Platinum, UA Platinum Million Miler Lifetime Gold, QR Platinum, HH Lifetime Diamond, IHG Diamond
I just booked one of these for June / July next year. All went through smoothly, received itinerary number from Justfly, did screen grabs and PDF's all the way through the process, 6 flights all showing Business, Business, Business. Then had to wait for the final confirmation to come in.

( I tried getting the fare direct with AF or CZ, even Expedia and Orbitz, but could not get it for this price ).

My confirmation came in. I started entering the flights into my own system. And there it was: Economy, Economy, Economy.

So I called Justfly on the 1800 number, "Gen" from the Philippines call centre advised that it showed as Business on her system and "sometimes there is an error with class of travel on tickets". ...! But she told me she needed to email her hierarchy and get it fixed and I would have a correct confirmation in 24 hours showing Business.

"But what about my 24 hour cancellation rights? I won't fly Economy" I told her. She assured me it wasn't an issue because the ticket is showing Business.

My post is to alert people using Justfly, buyer beware, check the final confirmation is the same as the booking you thought you were making. I have not done business with them previously and I won't be again after this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.