Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] Af/cz : Tun-rep $972 rt

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[PREM FARE GONE] Af/cz : Tun-rep $972 rt

Search this Thread

Old Nov 24, 2017, 1:41 pm

Is this alive still? I can't find it.
Old Nov 24, 2017, 11:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MightyTravels
This also works to Nha Trang now (CXR).

https://www.justfly.com/flight/searc...rby_airports=0
Any other OTA works?
Old Nov 25, 2017, 3:02 am

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum; Alaska MVP Gold
Originally Posted by CAWineNerd
Is this alive still? I can't find it.
Google Flights or matrix. Lots of data available.

next poster: just search on Momondo, more available.
Old Nov 25, 2017, 8:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by christravelblog
Why? If you credit to FlyingBlue you better have them on CZ codes. Because, but correct me if wrong, on CZ tickets with CZ numbers these credit still the old fashioned way :-) = MANY MILES

and, BlueBizz doesn't matter CZ is now partner too and should credit on this tix 210 euro back
Never thought about that, I don't collect FB miles normally, but have started an orphan account for a few EY J tickets I had that were under AF codes so building up a nice little stash. Is it worth it for a non-elite to do it this way? Not familiar with the FB program very much.
Old Nov 25, 2017, 10:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
Never thought about that, I don't collect FB miles normally, but have started an orphan account for a few EY J tickets I had that were under AF codes so building up a nice little stash. Is it worth it for a non-elite to do it this way? Not familiar with the FB program very much.
It is worth whether elite or non elite. On ultra-cheap business class tickets like this, the difference is astronomical. A TUN-CDG-REP return itinerary with the TUN-CDG legs coded as AF Z class and the rest coded as CZ I class currently earns approx 18K miles. It would have earned approx 21.5K if you could get all legs coded AF.

Under the new scheme, the same itinerary (again with TUN-CDG legs coded as AF Z class and the rest coded as CZ I class) will earn 13K miles, However, with all the legs coded AF and a price of €777 all in, this would earn a miserable 2750 award miles. If all the legs were coded CZ I-class, it would earn approx 15.5K miles under the new scheme.

So, if you are doing this after March, you will earn approx 13K Flying Blue award miles (compared to approx 18K miles now). You may want to check whether you would not be better off crediting to Delta SM (or another Skyteam programme if you are member of another).

NB: all the figures in this post assume no status in FB (=ivory) and are approximate. The figures are different if elite but also starkly unfavourable under the new programme for cheap AF/KL-coded+ticketed flights.
Old Nov 26, 2017, 8:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by danfl44
Google Flights or matrix. Lots of data available.

next poster: just search on Momondo, more available.
Matrix works fine but I cannot find OTA to book with CDG and CAN stopovers.
Old Nov 26, 2017, 10:11 am

Originally Posted by TerryK
Matrix works fine but I cannot find OTA to book with CDG and CAN stopovers.
Hm, did you try powertools? I was able to do it with one stopover, if you could give some dates I will try to find one
Old Nov 26, 2017, 11:45 am

Programs: UA LT Gold, Air France Platinum Ulti, AA 4MM EXP, SPG Lifetime Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Cannot replicate anywhere. Can some one help? I found it on Googleflights but the link to CZ website does not work
Old Nov 26, 2017, 12:19 pm

Did you try matrix in combination with powertools? It should give you a direct momondo or delta link, both work. If you give some dates I will try to find a working OTA.
Old Nov 26, 2017, 12:25 pm

Programs: UA LT Gold, Air France Platinum Ulti, AA 4MM EXP, SPG Lifetime Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Thanks
Interested in flights March 23 returning March 28
Old Nov 26, 2017, 1:09 pm

Hm, strange, Matrix actually showed the price for 23-28 in the calendar but it's gone when going to the specific dates, can't replicate it. According to the fare rules it shouldn't be possible as there is a minimum 6-days stay.
You could try to meet the requirement by adding a long stopover in CDG and put the last segment days/weeks later.
And it seems there is no I inventory for CDG-CAN; the tickets that leave on the 23rd all have a 14+ hours stopover in CDG.
There is more availability in the dates around it, how flexible are you?
Old Nov 26, 2017, 1:36 pm

Thanks for the reply. I can leave on the 24 or 25 no problem and return six days later
Old Nov 26, 2017, 3:03 pm

https://www.momondo.nl/flightsearch/...false&NA=false

That's one possibility, make sure you select business, somehow the link automatically goes to economy. 730 euro - few different times, and a choice between carrier (suggest taking AF B787 on the way back).
Old Nov 26, 2017, 5:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Any destinations other than REP/SGN/CXR?
Old Nov 26, 2017, 6:30 pm

Thank you very much for your help

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.