Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] Ethiopian OSL-JNB £559

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[PREM FARE GONE] Ethiopian OSL-JNB £559

Search this Thread

Old Jan 18, 2017, 10:24 am

Programs: LH SEN & DL Plat
Originally Posted by megaloman
^ 1st Nov here too
Sounds like a lounge beer... 😉
when you see a family with a well behaved baby thats me 😀
Old Jan 18, 2017, 10:30 am

I was curious how ET business compares with other airlines like AA/BA/AC/EY/QR/9W. Does anyone have any recent experience?
Old Jan 18, 2017, 10:35 am

Programs: LH SEN & DL Plat
Just to inform, but in my booking the fare rules appeared again... seems they might honor it...
Old Jan 18, 2017, 10:41 am

Programs: BA GfL/GGL/CCR, HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by Kid Flyer
Just to inform, but in my booking the fare rules appeared again... seems they might honor it...
We'll see - it's not far off from other deals I've seen recently - QR was selling tickets from OSL/ARN to CPT for around £700 last year...
Old Jan 18, 2017, 10:42 am

QR is the best when it comes to deals. I hope this one sticks, but after last year, they may just offer downgrades and vouchers.
Old Jan 18, 2017, 10:47 am

Weirdly enough I can't select seats for ET715 / ET714 - it says "Check-in required", other flights could select seats without issues.
Old Jan 18, 2017, 10:52 am

Programs: VA WP, NZ *A SG
Originally Posted by maudline9
Granted its not a first world city, but can you elaborate what wasn't nice about the city ?
First place ive visited in a long time where i didnt feel safe walking down the street. Almost no tourists so you will stand out like a sore thumb. Loads of homeless people everywhere who will have their hands out when you walk past and follow you when you say no. 2 guys grabbed my phone out of my pocket on the street in the middle of the day. There are very few sights to see (the cathedral and sheraton hotel were the only thing things that impressed me). Taxi driver tried to convince me that a 30 minute taxi ride in a 25 year old car should cost USD80 (in one of the poorest countries in the world). The only foreigners they seem to get are UN officials so i guess money is no object.
ADD airport is also awful. Staff were having a party in an office at the airport when i was there, complete with staff dancing around and booming music coming from inside the office. Immigration staff, dressed in hoodies without any ID displayed were sitting on chairs away from their desks watching videos on their phones together (no desks were manned). Begrudgingly went back to their desks when i approached them.
I was excited about visiting ADD but would never return.
Old Jan 18, 2017, 10:58 am

Programs: VA WP, NZ *A SG
Originally Posted by SvenAge
I was curious how ET business compares with other airlines like AA/BA/AC/EY/QR/9W. Does anyone have any recent experience?
i flew with them last week JNB-ADD. Hope yluve picked the daily afternoon 787 flight because the non-daily overnight flight regularly gets subbed with a 767 which was this exact plane http://onemileatatime.boardingarea.com/2014/07/28/review-ethiopian-airlines-business-class-767-addis-ababa-frankfurt/
Old Jan 18, 2017, 11:46 am

Programs: Miles&More
Booked OSL-ADD-SEZ-ADD-OSL last night. Got a phone call from OTA. There was an error in ET system, flights cancelled, full refund.
Old Jan 18, 2017, 11:53 am

Originally Posted by mirza
Booked OSL-ADD-SEZ-ADD-OSL last night. Got a phone call from OTA. There was an error in ET system, flights cancelled, full refund.
Old Jan 18, 2017, 11:57 am

Programs: SPG Platinum, AA Ex Plat
What OTA?
Old Jan 18, 2017, 12:05 pm

Programs: Miles&More
Originally Posted by xxpert
What OTA?
tripsta
Old Jan 18, 2017, 12:41 pm

Just realised their 788s don't have lie flat beds it's not going to be as nice as I had imagined
Old Jan 18, 2017, 12:56 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, BA Gold, A3 Gold
I assume tickets were issued?
Old Jan 18, 2017, 12:58 pm
Shl

Programs: BA Gold/ Star Alliance Gold
Originally Posted by megaloman
Just realised their 788s don't have lie flat beds it's not going to be as nice as I had imagined
You might want to read this. Now it is about, do we get lucky on this route.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.