Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] CONSOLIDATED QR 2017 Travel Festival Fares

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[PREM FARE GONE] CONSOLIDATED QR 2017 Travel Festival Fares

Search this Thread

Old Jan 9, 2017, 3:42 pm

Programs: AA EXP, AS G75K
Originally Posted by GTR56
Thanks for the idea ^
Just need to get to CMB now.
I had the same issue and found a semi-tolerable AARP fare on BA ORD-MAA then $100 on UL to CMB
Old Jan 9, 2017, 3:55 pm

Originally Posted by FlyingFrZ
I asked about QR possibly replacing the older 777-200LRs flying the DOH-LAX route in the QR forum. Apparently neither the 777-300ER or the A350 has the range for that route.
Isn't Singapore flying an A350 from SFO to SIN direct? I would think that would be longer than LAX-DOH.
Old Jan 9, 2017, 3:55 pm

Programs: AA EXP, SPG PLT, Carlson/HHonors GLD, National Ex, Hertz Gld, AMEX Plat
Originally Posted by Coffee84
I had the same issue and found a semi-tolerable AARP fare on BA ORD-MAA then $100 on UL to CMB
Depending on the dates & if you're looking for J, you can get ORD-CAI for around $1,100, and then there's deals and probably award space from there. I'm doing the CMB-BOS deal & have part of my positioning flights going through CAI.
Old Jan 9, 2017, 3:57 pm

Programs: AA EXP, SPG PLT, Carlson/HHonors GLD, National Ex, Hertz Gld, AMEX Plat
Originally Posted by olouie
Isn't Singapore flying an A350 from SFO to SIN direct? I would think that would be longer than LAX-DOH.
Interesting. Wonder if it has to do with the config or cargo allowance.

Edited to add- AA's 777-300ER DFW-HKG is also over 8k miles, but it is probably close to maxed out on that route. They always have a pretty big difference between the initial cruising alt, and the final one as fuel burns.
Old Jan 9, 2017, 4:11 pm

Originally Posted by CruisingAltitude47
Depending on the dates & if you're looking for J, you can get ORD-CAI for around $1,100, and then there's deals and probably award space from there. I'm doing the CMB-BOS deal & have part of my positioning flights going through CAI.
i'm doing the CMB-BOS thing this weekend (outbound leg) and positioning ORD-MAA-CMB
Old Jan 9, 2017, 4:20 pm

i'm doing the CMB-BOS thing this weekend (outbound leg) and positioning ORD-MAA-CMB
Nice! When's your return? I have Feb and June.
Old Jan 9, 2017, 4:33 pm

Programs: OWE
for the 5x promo, i would have to be in the qatar frequent flyer program to get the deal?
Old Jan 9, 2017, 4:36 pm

Anything APAC-US? Need to get back to ATL end of March, but have some flex as to where I end up!

Thanks!
Old Jan 9, 2017, 4:47 pm

Programs: Velocity Platinum, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Etihad Gold
Originally Posted by NetJets Germany
Absolutely no interesting premium fares ex SIN. Also no companion fare offers shown.

There are some very promising deals shown ex-Malaysia, like MUC or BOS, which should come out at <USD700 and USD1,118 respectively in business per pax on companion fares, but I cannot find these loaded in the system anywhere...

Anybody else in Asia who has seen and found bookable bargains on QR during this new Travel Festival?
Hi, I can't find any fares in that range. Do you have any sample dates. Thanks
Old Jan 9, 2017, 5:06 pm

Originally Posted by CruisingAltitude47
Nice! When's your return? I have Feb and June.
My return is:
positioning: 3/24 SAN-BOS then 3/24 BOS-DOH-CMB
unpositioning: 3/27 CMB-MAA-LHR-ORD

I also have a QR: 4/13 CAI-DOH-LAX return 5/2 that i bought during the great EGP deval, paid ~$900 USD for that A/R
Old Jan 9, 2017, 5:18 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, TK Elite+
I asked about QR possibly replacing the older 777-200LRs flying the DOH-LAX route in the QR forum. Apparently neither the 777-300ER or the A350 has the range for that route.
I just flew DOH-LAX (flying time 16:30 ) and whilst most would disagree, the 77L (or 77W since it's the same seat) is actually a great long-haul J seat. The 350/787/380 J has a small cubby hole for your feet and there's also a TV where your knees are. If you are a side-sleeper or if you want to turn when you sleep, you'll need to pull your whole leg out and then re-adjust. I am 6'-1" (186cm) and I didn't have to sleep at an angle and the bed was long enough that my feet didn't touch the seat in front of me.

I was having hesitations with the 77L seats at first, but after flying DOH-LAX, my personal preference would be the 787/350/380 J seats for day flights up to 8-9 hours. Any longer or an overnight flight, the 77W/77L is strongly preferred.

The 2-2-2 seating isn't bad at all. I was sitting by the window and I had no problems crossing over to the aisle without disturbing my neighbor. The bed is actually quite low and you don't have to do any acrobatic maneuvers to get out.

And I've flown a few airlines J and F and I'd rate QR J as one of the best J. The ala carte dine-on-demand was great, food was delicious and turndown service was the cherry on top.

If anyone flies DOH-LAX during the winter months, be sure to sit by the window. I was treated to an hour of aurora borealis light show as we flew north of Russia towards Arctic Ocean

Last edited by nov11; Jan 9, 2017 at 5:24 pm
Old Jan 9, 2017, 5:29 pm

Originally Posted by nov11

The 2-2-2 seating isn't bad at all. I was sitting by the window and I had no problems crossing over to the aisle without disturbing my neighbor. The bed is actually quite low and you don't have to do any acrobatic maneuvers to get out.

And I've flown a few airlines J and F and I'd rate QR J as one of the best J. The ala carte dine-on-demand was great, food was delicious and turndown service was the cherry on top.

If anyone flies DOH-LAX during the winter months, be sure to sit by the window. I was treated to an hour of aurora borealis light show as we flew north of Russia towards Arctic Ocean
Thank you so much for that feedback. I will definitely get that window now if i can. I think i took aisles because I was afraid of having to jump over a neighbor .. I was kinda dreading the longhaul on that older product but now i'm pumped.

Curious - what side of the plane were you on DOH-LAX ?
Old Jan 9, 2017, 5:31 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat, Marriott Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by nov11
I just flew DOH-LAX (flying time 16:30 ) and whilst most would disagree, the 77L (or 77W since it's the same seat) is actually a great long-haul J seat. The 350/787/380 J has a small cubby hole for your feet and there's also a TV where your knees are. If you are a side-sleeper or if you want to turn when you sleep, you'll need to pull your whole leg out and then re-adjust. I am 6'-1" (186cm) and I didn't have to sleep at an angle and the bed was long enough that my feet didn't touch the seat in front of me.

I was having hesitations with the 77L seats at first, but after flying DOH-LAX, my personal preference would be the 787/350/380 J seats for day flights up to 8-9 hours. Any longer or an overnight flight, the 77W/77L is strongly preferred.

Thanks for this, definitely looking forward to flying them later in the year
Old Jan 9, 2017, 5:48 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, TK Elite+
Thank you so much for that feedback. I will definitely get that window now if i can. I think i took aisles because I was afraid of having to jump over a neighbor .. I was kinda dreading the longhaul on that older product but now i'm pumped.

Curious - what side of the plane were you on DOH-LAX ?
On the right side (K). I don't know if A side saw it as well but my side was actually facing south because we were flying northeast towards the north pole. Just a side note - aurora borealis looks more white in the air (it's more green on the ground). It looked like streaks of clouds to me at first but when I look closely, I realized it was the aurora borealis.

You can also ask the cabin crew to let you know once the pilot sees it. The pilot won't usually make an announcement, but they'll let the crew know so the crew can go into the cockpit and take pictures

Thanks for this, definitely looking forward to flying them later in the year
My pleasure
Old Jan 9, 2017, 5:54 pm

Programs: AA GOLD
Is there some trick to using the VISA promo? It is making my LAX-SIN fares go *up*.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.