FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Mileage Run Discussion (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/mileage-run-discussion-627/)
-   -   [FARE GONE]VX/AS PDX - SFO/LAX - IAD,BOS,JFK $128 RT 2cpm (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/mileage-run-discussion/1810624-fare-gone-vx-pdx-sfo-lax-iad-bos-jfk-128-rt-2cpm.html)

hiima Jan 2, 2017 10:10 pm

Originally Posted by solewalker (Post 27695535)
I did. But I didn't call in. I booked the trip, put in my VX ffp to choose the seats, added VX's twitter, DM-ed them my AS MVPG ffp, and they changed it for me.

The seat selection stuck.

cool, thanks. I'll try Twitter first, if that doesn't work, I'll call. Just wanted to know it was possible to change.

hiima Jan 2, 2017 10:11 pm

I just want to say that I feel insane doing this run. And I'm inclined to do it twice or more.

solewalker Jan 2, 2017 10:19 pm

Originally Posted by hiima (Post 27695560)
I just want to say that I feel insane doing this run. And I'm inclined to do it twice or more.

Ditto. It's very tempting, because 4 runs = MVP Gold for another year for ~$500. Moreover, that's like two intra-Asia roundtrip business class tickets for my parents. But man, my poor hiney!

hiima Jan 2, 2017 11:19 pm

Originally Posted by solewalker (Post 27695588)
Ditto. It's very tempting, because 4 runs = MVP Gold for another year for ~$500. Moreover, that's like two intra-Asia roundtrip business class tickets for my parents. But man, my poor hiney!

I'm actually hoping for irrops so that I can get a hotel overnight in jfk, pdx, or bos.

CDKing Jan 3, 2017 4:49 am

Originally Posted by hiima (Post 27695722)
I'm actually hoping for irrops so that I can get a hotel overnight in jfk, pdx, or bos.

If your trip starts or ends in PDX you do not want irrops, you wont get a hotel by the airline since it's considered your home airport. Of course then there is also the risk the rest of your itinerary is cancelled since you have technically reached your destination if there trip also ends in PDX.

CDKing Jan 3, 2017 4:54 am

Well then book now because every contact with VX alerts them to the generous routing. If your trips aren't right away don't be in such a rush to change frequent flyer numbers

hiima Jan 3, 2017 9:13 am

Originally Posted by CDKing (Post 27696486)
If your trip starts or ends in PDX you do not want irrops, you wont get a hotel by the airline since it's considered your home airport. Of course then there is also the risk the rest of your itinerary is cancelled since you have technically reached your destination if there trip also ends in PDX.

My starting is LAX.

knnryerye Jan 3, 2017 9:57 am

While booking the routing with 2 east coast connections is the best deal, it is still a very good deal to book it with just the 1 connection. Its won't be nearly as brutal and you still are doing a run around 2 cpm which from what i have seen is very good for Alaska.

knnryerye Jan 3, 2017 10:03 am

Originally Posted by CDKing (Post 27696505)
Well then book now because every contact with VX alerts them to the generous routing. If your trips aren't right away don't be in such a rush to change frequent flyer numbers

I am very surprised to see this deal continue with all the reported contact with both AS and VX. So far it seems as though contact has been made with both call centers and now twitter reps.

haddon90 Jan 3, 2017 10:10 am

is this still available to book? i'm tempted to give it a whirl.

hiima Jan 3, 2017 10:12 am

Originally Posted by haddon90 (Post 27697881)
is this still available to book? i'm tempted to give it a whirl.

Yes, I'm booking more as we speak

hiima Jan 3, 2017 10:13 am

Originally Posted by knnryerye (Post 27697848)
I am very surprised to see this deal continue with all the reported contact with both AS and VX. So far it seems as though contact has been made with both call centers and now twitter reps.

I really think it's an IT loophole, since booking directly on VX doesn't price out as nice.

hiima Jan 3, 2017 10:19 am

Originally Posted by knnryerye (Post 27697811)
While booking the routing with 2 east coast connections is the best deal, it is still a very good deal to book it with just the 1 connection. Its won't be nearly as brutal and you still are doing a run around 2 cpm which from what i have seen is very good for Alaska.

I'm finding single transcons with a PDX-LAX added to the end to be 2.4cpm and the double transcon to be 2.0 cpm. The double transcon, while tempting, feels like I would die, and this is coming from a 26 yo. Especially in Y.

CDKing Jan 3, 2017 10:22 am

they are probably on vacation.

I'd book more but 7 is probably enough for me. I'm doing 2 back to back doubles in Feburary into March and then headed home to Boston just to turn around and go to Hawaii. It will give me practice before i do my triple (6 RT in a row).

hiima Jan 3, 2017 10:27 am

Originally Posted by CDKing (Post 27697949)
they are probably on vacation.

I'd book more but 7 is probably enough for me. I'm doing 2 back to back doubles in Feburary into March and then headed home to Boston just to turn around and go to Hawaii. It will give me practice before i do my triple (6 RT in a row).

😱 are you trying to finish 75k in the first quarter?
​​​​