Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE]VX/AS PDX - SFO/LAX - IAD,BOS,JFK $128 RT 2cpm

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 5, 2017, 12:00 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: PDXPremier
Routes / Airports / Dates

1/10 - 1/12 PDX-SFO-JFK-LAX-JFK-LAS-SFO-PDX (PDXsb)
1/17 - 1/19 PDX-LAX-JFK-SFO-PDX-SFO-BOS-LAX-PDX (PDXsb)
1/23 - 1/25 PDX-SFO-(BOS-LAX-(JFK-SFO-PDX)) (Kuchingite)
1/23 - 1/24 LAX-JFK-SFO-PDX-SFO-FLL-LAX (Quinlanty)
1/23 - 1-24 LAX-JFK-SFO-PDX-SFO (Viajero Millero)
1/24 - 1/25 LAX-JFK-SFO-PDX (Gumbocook)
1/24 - 1/26 LAX-JFK-SFO-PDX-SFO-BOS-LAX (Quinlanty)
1/26 - 1/28 LAX-IAD-SFO-PDX-SFO-BOS-LAX (Quinlanty)
1/30 - 1/31 PDX-SFO-JFK-LAX-JFK-SFO-PDX (uaflr)
1/31 - 2/02 LAX-JFK-SFO-PDX-SFO-BOS-LAX (blodders)

2/03 - 2/04 LAX-JFK-LAS-SFO-PDX-LAX (hiima)
2/03 - 2/05 PDX-SFO-BOS-LAX-JFK-SFO-PDX (John DELTA)
2/04 - 2/05 PDX-LAX-JFK-SFO-PDX (PDXsb)
2/10 - 2/11 LAX-JFK-LAS-SFO-PDX (lax.sea.jnu)
2/10 - 2/11 PDX-SFO-FLL-JFK-LAX (Single_Flyer)
2/10 - 2/11 PDX-SFO-BOS-LAX-PDX (PDXsb)
2/10 - 2/12 PDX-SFO-JFK-LAX-JFK-SFO-PDX (zebes)
2/11 - 2/12 LAX-JFK-SFO-PDX (lax.sea.jnu)
2/21 - 2/23 LAX-JFK-SFO-PDX-SFO-BOS-LAX (Coffee84, hypertext)
2/21 - 2/24 LAX-JFK-SFO-PDX-SFO-BOS-LAX (jmmlaguna)
2/21 - 2/22 Pdx-Sfo-Fll-Lax-Jfk-Sfo-Pdx (nawlins)
2/22 - 2/23 PDX-SFO-LAX-JFK-SFO-PDX (knnryerye)
2/26 - 3/02 PDX-SFO-JFK-LAX-JFK-SFO-PDX-SFO-JFK-LAX-JFK-SFO-PDX (CDKing)
2/28 - 3/02 PDX-SFO-JFK-LAX-JFK-SFO-PDX (Quinlanty, John DELTA)

3/01 - 3/02 PDX-SFO-LAX-JFK-SFO-PDX (jinglish)
3/03 - 3/05 PDX-SFO-JFK-LAX-JFK-SFO-PDX (Gumbocook)
3/04 - 3/05 LAX-JFK-SFO-PDX (Single_Flyer)
3/04 - 3/05 PDX-LAX-JFK-SFO-PDX (PDXsb)
3/06 - 3/08 LAX-JFK-SFO-PDX-SFO-FLL-LAX (jmmlaguna)
3/07 - 3/09 LAX-JFK-SFO-PDX-SFO-BOS-LAX (pilluelo)
3/07 - 3/08 PDX-SFO-FLL-LAX-JFK-SFO-PDX (hypertext)
3/10 - 3/11 LAX-JFK-LAS-SFO-PDX (hiima)
3/13 - 3/15 LAX-JFK-SFO-PDX-SFO-FLL-LAX (jmmlaguna)
3/14 - 3/15 PDX-SFO-FLL-LAX-JFK-SFO-PDX (solewalker, hypertext, wilma)
3/14 - 3/15 LAX-JFK-SFO-PDX-SFO-JFK-LAX (socalgecko)
3/15 - 3/16 PDX-SFO-BOS-LAX (solewalker)
3/31 - 4/02 PDX-SFO-FLL-JFK-LAX-JFK-SFO-PDX (flyupfrnt)

4/04 - 4/05 PDX-SFO-JFK-LAS-LAX (haddon90)
4/18 - 4/20 LAX-JFK-SFO-PDX-SFO-JFK-LAX (hypertext)
4/21 - 4/22 LAX-JFK-SFO-PDX (hiima)

5/02 - 5/04 PDX-SFO-JFK-LAX-JFK-SFO-PDX (CDKing)
5/04 - 5/05 LAX-IAD-SFO-PDX (Windward Side of Life)

6/02 - 6/03 LAX-JFK-SFO-PDX (Gumbocook)

9/08 - 9/09 PDX-SFO-JFK-LAS-LAX (haddon90)
9/12 - 9/15 PDX-SFO-FLL-LAX-JFK-SFO-PDX-SFO-JFK-LAX-JFK-SFO-PDX (wheresdg)
9/30 - 10/01 PDX-SFO-FLL-LAX-SEA (charliew24)

10/02 - 10/04 PDX-SFO-FLL-LAX-JFK-SFO-PDX (rustykettel)
10/03 - 10/04 LAX-JFK-SFO-PDX(Gumbocook)
10/03 - 10/04 LAX-JFK-SFO-PDX-SFO-FLL-LAX (socalgecko)
10/03 - 10/04 LAX-JFK-SFO-PDX-SFO-FLL-LAX (jmmlaguna)
10/03 - 10/04 PDX-SFO-JFK-LAS-LAX (haddon90)
10/06 - 10/08 PDX-SFO-JFK-LAX-JFK-SFO-PDX (flyupfrnt)
10/09 - 10/11 PDX-SFO-FLL-LAX-IAD-SFO-LAX-PDX (rustykettel)
10/11 - 10/11 PDX-SFO-JFK-LAX (FijiBill)
10/12 - 10/14 LAX-JFK-SFO-PDX-SFO-BOS-LAX (hiima)
10/13 - 10/15 PDX-SFO-BOS-LAX-JFK-SFO-PDX (CDKing)
10/13 - 10/15 PDX-SFO-JFK-LAX-JFK-SFO-PDX (Gumbocook)
10/13 - 10/15 PDX-SFO-BOS-LAX-JFK-SFO-PDX (charliew24)
10/13 - 10/15 PDX-SFO-FLL-LAX-JFK-SFO-PDX (Pdxpremier)
10/14 - 10/15 PDX-SFO-FLL-LAX-JFK-SFO-PDX (maskedmesothorium)
10/17 - 10/19 LAX-JFK-SFO-PDX-SFO-JFK-LAX (Coffee84)
10/17 - 10/20 PDX-SFO-FLL-LAX-JFK-SFO-PDX-SFO-JFK-LAX-JFK-SFO-PDX (CDKing, wheresdg, Quinlanty)
10/20 - 10/22 PDX-SFO-JFK-LAX-JFK-SFO-PDX (Single_Flyer)
10/22 - 10/22 LAX-JFK-SFO-PDX (FijiBill)

11/14 - 11/15 PDX-SFO-FLL-LAX-JFK-SFO-PDX (wheresdg, wilma)
11/29 - 11/30 LAX-IAD-SFO-PDX (Gumbocook)
Print Wikipost

[FARE GONE]VX/AS PDX - SFO/LAX - IAD,BOS,JFK $128 RT 2cpm

Search this Thread

Old Feb 7, 2017, 7:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by rustykettel
Let's just PM our pnrs to PDXPremier and he can fix them all at once.

How about it? I'll throw in a bag of kale chips and a polenta recipe?
As long as you sprinkle the chips with some of that red powder AS uses on the fruit plates, you've got a deal
Old Feb 7, 2017, 8:05 pm

Programs: MVPG, VX-Silver
Originally Posted by PDXPremier
As long as you sprinkle the chips with some of that red powder AS uses on the fruit plates, you've got a deal
Oh, I'm sure some can be acquired
Old Feb 7, 2017, 8:19 pm

Programs: Alaska
Anyone still updating the wiki? Not even sure it's accurate with all the changes, but if someone could add mine that would be awesome =)

2/21 - 2/23 LAX-JFK-SFO-PDX-SFO-JFK-LAX
2/28 - 3/2 PDX-SFO-JFK-LAX-JFK-SFO-PDX-SFO-LAX
3/14 - 3/15 PDX-SFO-JFK-LAX
4/11 - 4/12 PDX-SFO-FLL-JFK-LAX
4/19 LAX-JFK-SFO-PDX
5/2 - 5/4 LAX-JFK-SFO-PDX-SFO-JFK-LAX
Old Feb 7, 2017, 8:38 pm

Programs: AS Gold
Mine

21-Feb PDX-SFO-FLL-LAX-JFK-SFO-PDX
14-Mar PDX-SFO-FLL-LAX-JFK-SFO-PDX
18-Apr PDX-SFO-FLL-LAX-JFK-SFO-PDX
23-Sep PDX-SFO-LAX-JFK-SFO-PDX
7-Oct PDX-SFO-FLL-LAX-JFK-SFO-PDX
Old Feb 7, 2017, 9:25 pm

Programs: UA 1K/3MM, AA EXP/3MM, DL MM, former fan of TWA
Well, I just had a different experience with the call center about changing back to my original routing. I explained how it was only the first flight (PDX-SFO) that had changed (flight number and 25 minutes), and how I wanted to keep the rest of my original routing. The agent basically told me that the only choices he could offer me were the choices shown today on the website, and he kept reading the options to me. After he finished reading me options, I explained again how I wanted to keep my original routing.

After a few times, I asked for a supervisor, and he told me that he is a supervisor. I again said that I wanted my original routing retained and he told me that this would be impossible.

So I thanked him for my time and hung up. I'll call again in a couple of days. I can only imagine what might be in the notes at this point, but I did not get the time-consuming experience that eventually turned out ok.
Old Feb 7, 2017, 10:35 pm

Programs: AS MVPG 75K, BA Silver, AC, AF/KL, AV, VS | Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by TEDisgone
I too received very strange updates from VX. I checked my itineraries online and any of my flights that start with VX948 (PDX-SFO) have also added me to the continuation leg to LAX but kept my connections in SFO-XXX in tact. Or at least it looks like that until I try to change seats on them and then I can't select anything either on the web or the app.
I had a pleasant 40 minute call today to fix my two trips that were affected by this schedule change. It turned out that my transcons (like everyone else has reported) were indeed removed and when I spoke to the agent she quickly became confused by what happened and I had to be placed on hold quite a few times. The first trip was reinstated in about 30 minutes and then by the time she worked on the second trip she only needed about 10 minutes to fix that one. I didn't have the heart to ask her to remove my Elevate number that got added in by the app (overwriting/erasing my AS number). I'll do that another day - I've got months before flying. She said that I would be receiving an email confirmation of the changes but that was nine hours ago and nothing's arrived. I just checked on their website and both trips are now fine. For now...
Old Feb 7, 2017, 10:40 pm

Programs: AA EXP OWE, DL DM ST+, AS MVPG, UA, BA, WN CP, Hyatt E, Ritz Plat, HH GM
Originally Posted by TEDisgone
I had a pleasant 40 minute call today to fix my two trips that were affected by this schedule change. It turned out that my transcons (like everyone else has reported) were indeed removed and when I spoke to the agent she quickly became confused by what happened and I had to be placed on hold quite a few times. The first trip was reinstated in about 30 minutes and then by the time she worked on the second trip she only needed about 10 minutes to fix that one. I didn't have the heart to ask her to remove my Elevate number that got added in by the app (overwriting/erasing my AS number). I'll do that another day - I've got months before flying. She said that I would be receiving an email confirmation of the changes but that was nine hours ago and nothing's arrived. I just checked on their website and both trips are now fine. For now...
Twitter DM is the best way to change ffp to Alaska, just do it anytime before checking in. Even minutes before.
Old Feb 7, 2017, 11:49 pm
vgc

Originally Posted by uaflr
Started my trip : PDX-SFO-JFK-LAX-JFK-SFO-PDX on Jan 30 finished Feb 1.

Have not had anything post to my AS account - has anyone else had a posting yet - if so how long does it take? God bless!
I flew part of this route (LAX-JFK-SFO-PDX) the same time you did and it got posted to my AS account this morning.
Old Feb 8, 2017, 11:08 am

Programs: DL DM, UA, AA EXP, AS MVP75K GOLD, HHonors Diamond, BW Diamond, SPG Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Some advice for folks on the TRANSCONS.

I just did PDX-SFO-BOS-LAX-JFK-SFO-PDX and on all four TRANSCONS the food situation is atrocious!

For example;

On SFO-BOS there were ZERO sandwiches catered (I did order one of the 9 available fruit & cheese trays)

In BOS (on a Saturday morning) the caterer / cabin cleaning contractors failed to report to work! The FA's & GA's stocked the plane and prepped the cabin. Unfortunately, there were only 6 sandwiches stocked. Within 3 minutes (seriously) of the wheels up, all meals & sandwiches were gone from the ordering system.

On LAX-JFK there were only 3 turkey sandwiches stocked and although the FA explained that they manually entered the quantities into the on-demand food/beverage ordering system, it failed to deduct purchased items from inventory. Therefore, people continued throughout the flight to order food items which were no longer available.

I spoke with several flight attendants regarding the issue. They told me it is an on-going issue. Seems it is the perfect Catch-22; they do not stock more because they do not sell more, they do not sell more because they stock so little (if any)!

I am continuing to write a series on this Mileage Run and Virgin America experience. At the same time, if you get to fly in First Class (I did on one segment) it is wonderful and great hard & soft product!

Looking forward to reading others' experiences on their trips...
Old Feb 8, 2017, 11:26 am

Flew 2/6-2/7 (PDX - SFO - LAX - JFK - SFO - PDX), but my initial leg was changed to a direct JetBlue to JFK due to delays. Frustrating because the original flights were all delayed enough that I'd have been able to keep the connection. It was an involuntary change as I got a call saying it had already been done and to come by the ticket counter for more information.

Any idea what this means for mileage credit? I have to assume it'll either be credited per original itinerary / with the JB flight / or I'll have to appeal, but I can't imagine me flying JB exempts me from earning ANY milage, right?
Old Feb 8, 2017, 11:55 am

Originally Posted by Justin Go
Flew 2/6-2/7 (PDX - SFO - LAX - JFK - SFO - PDX), but my initial leg was changed to a direct JetBlue to JFK due to delays. Frustrating because the original flights were all delayed enough that I'd have been able to keep the connection. It was an involuntary change as I got a call saying it had already been done and to come by the ticket counter for more information.

Any idea what this means for mileage credit? I have to assume it'll either be credited per original itinerary / with the JB flight / or I'll have to appeal, but I can't imagine me flying JB exempts me from earning ANY milage, right?
In this case, ORC would be PDX-SFO-LAX-JFK in lieu of the flown JB PDX-JFK.
Do you have the original boarding passes from check-in? Just keep a copy of everything and submit to AS for credit if it doesn't post as it should
Old Feb 8, 2017, 12:01 pm

Originally Posted by John DELTA

I just did PDX-SFO-BOS-LAX-JFK-SFO-PDX and on all four TRANSCONS the food situation is atrocious! I am continuing to write a series on this Mileage Run and Virgin America experience. At the same time, if you get to fly in First Class (I did on one segment) it is wonderful and great hard & soft product!

John Delta I appreciate the insight!! I'll be bringing a stocked backpack along for the journey, indeed!

I'll also be hoping for MCS seat upgrades and/or the option for First! What segment? Cost? I'd be interested in reducing some of the coach agony on a few of the many VX transcons
Old Feb 8, 2017, 12:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
At the same time, if you get to fly in First Class (I did on one segment) it is wonderful and great hard & soft product!

I'm flying VX F to position to my first run at the end of the month. i may want to pay for upgrade for a red-eye although i'm guessing transcon price is steep.

Upgrades
Stay updated on upgrades, whether they’re online, at the airport ticket counter, or while you’re onboard. Grab a seat in Main Cabin Select up to 24 hours before departure, or in First Class up to 6 hours before departure.

UPGRADE FEE
Main Cabin to Main Cabin Select* $39 - $199
Main Cabin Select to First Class* $70 - $240
Main Cabin to First Class* $99 - $399
Old Feb 8, 2017, 4:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold

I just did PDX-SFO-BOS-LAX-JFK-SFO-PDX and on all four TRANSCONS the food situation is atrocious!

For example;

On SFO-BOS there were ZERO sandwiches catered (I did order one of the 9 available fruit & cheese trays)

In BOS (on a Saturday morning) the caterer / cabin cleaning contractors failed to report to work! The FA's & GA's stocked the plane and prepped the cabin. Unfortunately, there were only 6 sandwiches stocked. Within 3 minutes (seriously) of the wheels up, all meals & sandwiches were gone from the ordering system.

On LAX-JFK there were only 3 turkey sandwiches stocked and although the FA explained that they manually entered the quantities into the on-demand food/beverage ordering system, it failed to deduct purchased items from inventory. Therefore, people continued throughout the flight to order food items which were no longer available.

I spoke with several flight attendants regarding the issue. They told me it is an on-going issue. Seems it is the perfect Catch-22; they do not stock more because they do not sell more, they do not sell more because they stock so little (if any)!

I am continuing to write a series on this Mileage Run and Virgin America experience. At the same time, if you get to fly in First Class (I did on one segment) it is wonderful and great hard & soft product!

Great reports! I think I'd be really upset if I upgraded to MCS for the "free food" and found out they ran out of everything....
Old Feb 8, 2017, 5:42 pm

Completed my last turn today. PDX-SFO-JFK-LAX. Lucked out with the weather, no major delays. Once again took an earlier flight out of JFK, got a whole row for myself.

Found out they keep row 13 blocked in case there are families that couldn't find seats together but if the flight is not full you could ask for it.

Re:food. Forget about it.

Eat your heart out at the airport lounges (or restaurants) and expect nothing substantial while on the plane. Red eye service is non-existent, day crews are usually better.

Didn't happen but if I had to choose would take a Main Cabin aisle seat over a MCS middle seat...not worth the suffering even with the free movies, booze and food (if they have any).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.