Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] FLR-HKG/ICN/NRT-DUS from 770€ / J

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 13, 2016, 5:03 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: irishguy28
Unofficial cancellation statement from Alitalia: see post #2414, or the original post in Italian on a similar Italian forum

COW8C fare rules available in post #147 (second box)
DOW8C fare rules available in post #150
IOWGE fare rules available in post #1241
IRTGE fare rules available in post #1555
CRTEU fare rules available in post #1589
DOWGE fare rules available in post #1601
IRT8C2 fare rules available in post #2105
Print Wikipost

[PREM FARE GONE] FLR-HKG/ICN/NRT-DUS from 770€ / J

Search this Thread

Old Dec 19, 2016, 6:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by AlicorporateUK
I'm back to plainly tedious business
Try walking in my shoes!
Old Dec 19, 2016, 6:58 am

Originally Posted by irishguy28
Try walking in my shoes!
Originally Posted by Depeche Mode
It's No Good

G
Old Dec 19, 2016, 8:35 am

Programs: A3 *G, BAEC Gold
Same story here. Got off the plane on Friday evening and saw via MF that the booking had changed. Received an e-mail from Expedia as well.

Called Expedia this morning...I was told that they could cancel the ticket but only Alitalia would be able to process the refund. Anyway, based on all these stories here I insisted that she would process the refund. After being on hold for some time she confirmed I would get the refund...

Just for fun I called Alitalia as well. As expected they said that only Expedia could cancel the ticket as they were the ones that sold the "illegal" ticket. I asked for a supervisor and he confirmed that Alitalia took control over the ticket but according to him taking control over the ticket only allows them to change the itinerary etc but doesn't allow them to refund the ticket...uhm...okay...if you say so

In the meantime I still didn't get a confirmation from Expedia that I would get a refund (incl Expedia booking fee). Called them again...had someone else on the line...was quite funny because during the conversation she changed her story many times (was aware of the problem since last week...5 minutes later she told that she received this morning a mail from the head office...even though she was only informed this morning she could tell that the other calls they had were for tickets which hadn't been touched and hence were easy to refund...). Final result was: head office Expedia need to talk to head office Alitalia and only then it would be possible to give an idea about the timing that the refund will be processed...normal time would be 2-12 weeks but as this is a special case which needed talks between both head offices that was just an indication So I just sent a mail to my CC provider and they will start an investigation...@:-)

Almost January so looking forward to (hopefully) some interesting deals
Old Dec 19, 2016, 9:10 am

Programs: BAEC
Expedia's final answer: speak to Alitalia. As expected. Credit card chargeback been processed now (I tried to pay on AMEX 3 times and it failed, annoyingly - otherwise this process would be much easier).

QR's sale better start soon, as I have places I need to be in Feb!
Old Dec 19, 2016, 9:18 am

Got cancelled on wendsday evening last week, talked to the travel agency on thuresday who spoke direct with Alitalia. Then the agency told me money would be refund immidatly. Nothing had happened on friday, they say they, but today monday I got the money back on my card. Excellent service and not about that I had to deal with Alitalia on my own. The travel agency is "Flightfinder" by a company called Uvet Nordic AB (Sweden). Very quick and professional service. Im suprised
Old Dec 19, 2016, 9:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mrvincent
Credit card chargeback been processed now (I tried to pay on AMEX 3 times and it failed, annoyingly - otherwise this process would be much easier).
So, you managed to chargeback a transaction that never went through? No wonder it wasn't easy! But you still managed it!

Bravo!!! ^^^^

Old Dec 19, 2016, 9:41 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, BA Silver
So, you managed to chargeback a transaction that never went through? No wonder it wasn't easy! But you still managed it!

Bravo!!! ^^^^

I assumed he meant that he had to use a different card and the chargeback process on that card was more hassle than it would have been with Amex.
Old Dec 19, 2016, 9:53 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by Enigma368
I assumed he meant that he had to use a different card and the chargeback process on that card was more hassle than it would have been with Amex.
Did I not mention that, in addition to error fares, I perform jedi mind tricks on unsuspecting bank employees to refund non-existant money I spent. You'd think with powers like that I'd not have to rely on EFs to go on holiday.
Old Dec 19, 2016, 10:18 am

Programs: Delta Gold, Alaska Gold 75K, LATAM Black
Alaska just increased business class earning rates for a lot / most of their partner airlines for flights after today. 200% instead of 125%

Cathay F went from 150% flown miles to 300% flown miles .. wow
Old Dec 19, 2016, 10:32 am
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGL/GfL
September flights just killed!
Old Dec 19, 2016, 10:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mrvincent
Did I not mention that, in addition to error fares, I perform jedi mind tricks on unsuspecting bank employees to refund non-existant money I spent. You'd think with powers like that I'd not have to rely on EFs to go on holiday.
You should ring Alitalia back and "convince" them to reinstate your ticket regardless.

And when you report back that you managed it, I will give you my PNRs so that you can do the same ^

Buon Natale!!
Old Dec 19, 2016, 10:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Mauibaby2008
Alaska just increased business class earning rates for a lot / most of their partner airlines for flights after today. 200% instead of 125%

Cathay F went from 150% flown miles to 300% flown miles .. wow
This is ALitalia, not ALaska
Old Dec 19, 2016, 11:47 am

Programs: CO Platinum/1K, SPG Platinum/Ambassador
Is there any virtue in holding off on requesting the chargeback for changed tix or is this thing totally dead and buried?
Old Dec 19, 2016, 11:47 am

This is ALitalia, not ALaska
Originally Posted by Depeche Mode
I need to drink more than you seem to think

G
Old Dec 19, 2016, 11:52 am

Programs: Former DL DM and UA 1k, now a J class free agent (UA Gold, AS MVP Gold)
Both my 055 and my 006 are now showing as changed.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.