Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] FLR-HKG/ICN/NRT-DUS from 770€ / J

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 13, 2016, 5:03 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: irishguy28
Unofficial cancellation statement from Alitalia: see post #2414, or the original post in Italian on a similar Italian forum

COW8C fare rules available in post #147 (second box)
DOW8C fare rules available in post #150
IOWGE fare rules available in post #1241
IRTGE fare rules available in post #1555
CRTEU fare rules available in post #1589
DOWGE fare rules available in post #1601
IRT8C2 fare rules available in post #2105
Print Wikipost

[PREM FARE GONE] FLR-HKG/ICN/NRT-DUS from 770€ / J

Search this Thread

Old Dec 15, 2016, 1:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GMLFL, Life 2.0 - Mucci Premiere Classe & des Chevaliers Toulousiens
The worst part is the attitude of the AZ CS agents.... Rude doesn't begin to describe it.
Old Dec 15, 2016, 1:29 pm

Programs: UA PP (2MM), BA gold
Booking with Expedia.de on 055 stock:
FLR-CDG-LAX-SYD-AUH-FCO-LAX stop LAX-ORD-FCO-DUS
first and last segment now missing on Expedia.de site.
PNR on AZ site gives error
airfare was charged on my credit card by Expedia.de as vendor

Anyone have similar? I just emailed them asking for status and (assuming canceled) the refund. Considering the exchange rate change depending on response looks like a CC dispute for tomorrow.
Old Dec 15, 2016, 1:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by henkybaby
The worst part is the attitude of the AZ CS agents.... Rude doesn't begin to describe it.
They feel that you have done the family a huge insult.

And now they know where you live....

Old Dec 15, 2016, 1:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by henkybaby
This is getting annoying....

Expedia tells me that the booking is no longer under their control and AZ is telling me thet can't process a refund because it is under control of expedia.

It seems this was the wrong EF to take a gamble on.
Same here. Was told to call Expedia back as they are the ones who need to process the refund. All of a sudden, this isn't fun anymore.
Old Dec 15, 2016, 1:30 pm

Programs: BA
Got the below email from ebookers

This email is regarding cancellation of your reservation with us. Unfortunately, your flight purchase has not been confirmed by ALITALIA due to their system error. ALITALIA have advised us that due to a fare anomaly within ALITALIA systems, we are not permitted to honor the bookings and a cancelation will be made, as per AZ instruction FLORENCE<>DUESSELDORF misfile DEC16.

So we advise you create a new booking.

You can contact us on 0044 203 7886202 for any assistance . Our agents are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

For any additional assistance you can directly contact ALITALIA.

Please do not reply to this e-mail as this mailbox is not monitored.

Thank you for choosing Ebookers!

Yours sincerely,
The Ebookers Travel Team
Old Dec 15, 2016, 1:38 pm

as per AZ instruction FLORENCE<>DUESSELDORF misfile DEC16.
damn, AZ has time-travelling instructions
Old Dec 15, 2016, 1:40 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by dc9northwest
CC chargeback territory, sounds like...
Not much experience with CC chargeback. I can imagine you have to give the supplier an opportunity to refund.

- What if they tell you on the phone (without email) that no refund will be made?
- What if a refund is promised but may be months later?
- What if the OTA passes the buck to AZ or vv?

Are those situations grounds for a chargeback?
Old Dec 15, 2016, 1:45 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Plat, Finnair Plat, Bonvoy Titanium, National EE
IME, anything that isn't kosher, i.e. if they delete part of the booked itinerary, will do. Or if they take the wrong amount.

Once I had DL charge me ~89 extra bucks for a ticket due to wrong exchange rate. I supplied info to my CC and not even a day later, the money was back in my account. Same card I used for this EF.

Then, before contacting my CC, I spoke to 2 DL agents, but they didn't even understand what was wrong (IME they hardly ever do, unless it's a simple notion like a schedule change). So no written stuff at all... Still, as soon as I uploaded evidence I was right, my CC just did their stuff.
Old Dec 15, 2016, 1:50 pm
dsf

Programs: Nowt of note.
Originally Posted by klausa
damn, AZ has time-travelling instructions
Um... Dec 2016...

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Spire Elite Ambassador, HH Diamond, Avis President’s Club
My bookings are still valid and untouched.. have they reached September 2017 yet?

What a terrible way of dealing with their mistake! Yes some people abused it but there was no need for them to make it worse.

I know I won't ever fly them in the future after this, really puts me off. And I never thought these would stick anyway, I only booked for the free changes/cancellation if they did stick!

So Orbitz told me they dont have control of the ticket anymore. Called Alitalia in order to get ticket refunded. The agent said I will be refunded in full and money should be back on CC within a couple of days, depending on how long it takes for my bank to process the refund. Asked for an email to confirm the refund, but was told there is nothing to send, "refund has been processed".

Will give them one week, if I dont have money back by Wed/Thurs next week I will initiate a chargeback.
Old Dec 15, 2016, 1:52 pm

Now that the refund is being processed I cannot pull up my ticket on AZ anymore. However, still shows as confirmed on Orbitz. I guess it takes a while before their system catch up with the ticket being cancelled.
Old Dec 15, 2016, 1:54 pm

A lot depends on your CC Company. Amex will do a chargeback for no reason. And if you are a good customer they will do chargebacks a year or two after the charge (not common but it happens). Other companies will require you to provide at least some documentation or reasoning.
Old Dec 15, 2016, 1:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GMLFL, Life 2.0 - Mucci Premiere Classe & des Chevaliers Toulousiens
To add insult to injury I just received an email from Expedia that the flight they said would be refunded in full will only be refunded minus a €200 cancellation fee.

This will not be a fun ride.

Chargebacks on Amex are more complex in the EU than they are in the US.

Guess tomorrow will be spend on the phone.
Old Dec 15, 2016, 1:58 pm
dsf

Programs: Nowt of note.
Really not sure how anyone can be genuinely surprised that a company which made such a monumental mess when filing a fare last week is also making a monumental mess of the fallout. Plus very little application of Hanlon's razor going on here.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.