Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] FLR-HKG/ICN/NRT-DUS from 770€ / J

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 13, 2016, 5:03 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: irishguy28
Unofficial cancellation statement from Alitalia: see post #2414, or the original post in Italian on a similar Italian forum

COW8C fare rules available in post #147 (second box)
DOW8C fare rules available in post #150
IOWGE fare rules available in post #1241
IRTGE fare rules available in post #1555
CRTEU fare rules available in post #1589
DOWGE fare rules available in post #1601
IRT8C2 fare rules available in post #2105
Print Wikipost

[PREM FARE GONE] FLR-HKG/ICN/NRT-DUS from 770€ / J

Search this Thread

Old Dec 12, 2016, 5:32 am

Originally Posted by rossmacd
I have been told that the ticket issuance will be done by end of say today, so let's see if that happens (considering you have been waiting since yesterday!).
I was told 24-48 hours at the time - so fingers crossed for one and all.
Old Dec 12, 2016, 5:48 am

Programs: TK Elite, QR Gold
Originally Posted by KARFA
armouredant see post #150 http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/27589046-post150.html for fare rules for DOW8C.
These are really funny fare rules. This year christmas came a bit early...

The following excerpt says it all...
"Fare Routing Search:
Departing FLR on 24/08/17 for DUS
Fare basis code DOW8C
Flying AZ
Routing via Eastern Hemisphere
TRAVEL MUST NOT BE DIRECT"

I think AZ really wanted to see a creative exploitation of the fare. I hope FTérs did not disappoint them. Perhaps AZ even might give an extra few hundred thousand MM miles for the most creative routing. You never know - fingers crossed
Old Dec 12, 2016, 5:49 am

Programs: Skymiles Silver, Finnair Silver, Marriott Silver, SPG Preffered Guest Plus
Suddenly this morning Alitalia allowed me to make some changes of my booking such as adding a FF number of my travel companion and my email. Still no assigned seats for first two AF flights, though. And I have a e-mail from Airberlin - apparently they thrilled to see me on board and sent me my itin. Earlier I could't manage to find my PRN on their website.

Last edited by cepylka; Dec 12, 2016 at 5:58 am
Old Dec 12, 2016, 5:55 am

will it help if you have Freccia Alata status?
Old Dec 12, 2016, 5:57 am

Programs: BA
Only 1 of my tickets have been processed fully on my Amex, luckily its the one I wanted the most:

LHR-FCO-FLR-FCO-AUH-SYD-AUH-DUS for 550gbp, with a 4 day stay in FLR
Old Dec 12, 2016, 5:58 am

Originally Posted by daruda
Yes to get more miles, to honor no way
Old Dec 12, 2016, 5:59 am

Programs: LH, BA, TK
Originally Posted by daruda
This has nothing to do with status privileges.

AZ either will honor or void the tickets (or some other creative outcome) but status is the only thing won't matter at all.
Old Dec 12, 2016, 6:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by Numb3rs
Only 1 of my tickets have been processed fully on my Amex, luckily its the one I wanted the most:

I think you missed a trick there, by not adding in a stay in SYD!!!
Old Dec 12, 2016, 6:03 am

Programs: UA PP (2MM), BA gold
I assume you mean it has moved from Pending to Posted? What OTA did you use? Was the charge from AZ or the OTA?

Originally Posted by Numb3rs

Old Dec 12, 2016, 6:03 am

Programs: Former DL DM and UA 1k, now a J class free agent (UA Gold, AS MVP Gold)
Originally Posted by rossmacd
I've just come off the phone from Ebookers. I had a booking that did not ticket from Saturday morning. This was (as I found out) a schedule change on my return IB JFK-MAD-DUS sector.

They have given me a completely new routing - new earlier FLR-CDG-JFK flights on the same day, operated by AF.

And return is a combination of (later) on same day on AA/BA via LHR.

They did say (at the end of a 45min call) that the fare difference was around £1500, however Expedia would cover the difference.......

Make of that what you will.

Still waiting on email/e-ticket to come through, but they said this should arrive by end of day.
Originally Posted by remf
Interesting. I have the same route booked and it's not been ticketed for the exact same reason - the MAD-DUS sector, operated by Iberia, wouldn't go through on the system. When I spoke directly with eBookers they said it was because this segment went up in price during the booking process and that they are in the process of amending this (and would eat the cost increase). Still waiting on confirmation/ticketing of this as the above was discussed via their call centre yesterday morning...
If they start bulk cancelling these in a few days, I'd think you both have pretty good odds on being ones who slip through the cracks.
Old Dec 12, 2016, 6:06 am

Programs: BA Gold, DL PM, , Hilton Diamond (from being in a bed), SPG Plat, MR Plat
Originally Posted by zebranz
I assume you mean it has moved from Pending to Posted? What OTA did you use? Was the charge from AZ or the OTA?
Mine was made through ebookers but Amex charge was from Alitalia. Never seen that before when booking through OTA but then again I rarely never book through OTA' s always direct.
Old Dec 12, 2016, 6:18 am

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Spire Elite Ambassador, HH Diamond, Avis President’s Club
I booked my second trip with Expedia but accidentally put October instead of September in the return dates! I can't make the return, the trip is 5 weeks instead of 5 days now...

What are my options? Expedia ticketed says non-refundable but fare rules say otherwise. I'm not used to dealing with OTA normally book direct...
Old Dec 12, 2016, 6:21 am

Programs: *G, used to be with TK but left due to their corruption and political ties
Originally Posted by ianfly
I booked my second trip with Expedia but accidentally put October instead of September in the return dates! I can't make the return, the trip is 5 weeks instead of 5 days now...

What are my options? Expedia ticketed says non-refundable but fare rules say otherwise. I'm not used to dealing with OTA normally book direct...
The fare is fully flexible so you can refund it later when the fare is no longer available. Just book new tickets.

However be careful not to book the same flights, as your ticket may be automatically cancelled if you're double-booked.

Another alternative is to change your return as soon as your outbound is flown.

Originally Posted by ESFLYER95
Mine was made through ebookers but Amex charge was from Alitalia. Never seen that before when booking through OTA but then again I rarely never book through OTA' s always direct.
Same here, the e-ticket number is also correctly displayed on the see all transactions section.

G

Programs: QR P; HH D; IHG SpAmb
Originally Posted by ianfly

No need to do anything now. Likely you won't have to worry about it, and if indeed they honour the bookings you might be able to make changes without any charge.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.