Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

DL/Sky Team: 2017-2018 Consolidated Mileage/Status/Challenge Runs help needed

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 27, 2016, 5:58 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Pat89339
For each request, please include the following information:

Departure Airport:
Miles Needed:
Required Spend or Budget:
Available Travel Dates:
Required Metal or Codeshares okay*:

For each response. Please quote the original request. DO NOT START A SEPARATE THREAD.

----

NOTE: there is not much time left in 2017, given that travel tends to be expensive around holidays. You will have greater chances of success if you have greater flexibility on travel dates and cost. If you need a lot of MQMs on weekends only for < 5 cpm it probably won't happen.

Other creative possibilities depending how many MQMs you need:
----

*"Required Metal or Codeshares" is, approximately, asking whether you need a flight operated specifically by Delta or if partner flights are ok. If you are just looking for MQMs to hit a Medallion tier the normal way, then the answer is yes. If you are doing a status challenge, the answer is also probably yes, but read the T&C of your challenge carefully to be sure (for the regular status challenge the answer is also "yes")

NOTE: some partner flights earn MQMs at reduced rates. See this chart for more info.

Newcomers may also be interested in the FlyerTalk Glossary
Print Wikipost

DL/Sky Team: 2017-2018 Consolidated Mileage/Status/Challenge Runs help needed

Search this Thread

Old Nov 26, 2018, 11:43 pm

I had an issue come up before and couldn't travel on those dates. Is there anything available for this request?

Departure Airport: CMH, CVG, DAY, CLE
Miles Needed: 27k MQM
Required Spend or Budget: No MQM needed, would like to minimize cost
Available Travel Dates: December 2-6
Old Nov 27, 2018, 5:27 am

Originally Posted by Loquascious
I had an issue come up before and couldn't travel on those dates. Is there anything available for this request?

Departure Airport: CMH, CVG, DAY, CLE
Miles Needed: 27k MQM
Required Spend or Budget: No MQM needed, would like to minimize cost
Available Travel Dates: December 2-6
Dec 2 - 4, CMH-DPS, about 21,000 MQM, $1157 (MC)
Dec 5, CMH-ANC, about 7500 MQM, $500 (BE) / $560 (MC), immediate turn in ANC arriving back in CMH morning of Dec 6
Old Nov 27, 2018, 5:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by durango67
I agree on 12/5 you can, but my days while in Dallas were 12/4 and/or 12/6. I'm not available on 12/5 - just my luck.
Double-connecting in just one direction on 12/4 or 12/6 can still produce about 3.8K MQM's and you can do it in main cabin to LSE for $233 as LSE has no Basic Economy fares. Don't think you will find a better domestic CPM rate than that from DFW on flights that are less than 2 weeks out.

Last edited by xliioper; Nov 27, 2018 at 5:41 am
Old Nov 27, 2018, 8:35 am

Departure Airport: MCI
Miles Needed: 7,000
Required Spend or Budget: < $900
Available Travel Dates: Dec 12-30
Required Metal or Codeshares okay*: Yes

Only have a visa for India (i.e., China isn't an option).
Old Nov 27, 2018, 8:51 am

Originally Posted by cflowed
Departure Airport: MCI
Miles Needed: 7,000
Required Spend or Budget: < $900
Available Travel Dates: Dec 12-30
Required Metal or Codeshares okay*: Yes

Only have a visa for India (i.e., China isn't an option).
MCI-ANC will get you the miles needed (depending on routing). Prices around $680

MCI-OGG, Dec. 12, $690

Last edited by canuck_traveler; Nov 27, 2018 at 8:56 am
Old Nov 27, 2018, 12:02 pm

Posted before, had some family emergencies come up and I could not make the trip. Appreciate any help provided!

Departure Airport: MSP, but can position to others
Miles Needed: 6,000 MQMs
Required Spend or Budget: Need $1500 MQDs. Would prefer to do this as cheaply as possible (duh)
Available Travel Dates: Anything through EOY, weekdays preferred
Required Metal or Codeshares okay*: Not sure why codeshares wouldn't be ok

I would prefer to have as quick of a turnaround as possible, no issue with staying in the airport or anything. Appreciate all the help!
Old Nov 27, 2018, 12:35 pm

Departure Airport: NYC but can position to others
Miles Needed: 0 MQMs Need $3000 MQDs for Diamond
Required Spend or Budget: <$800
Available Travel Dates: Anything through EOY, Sat night/Sunday and weekdays preferred
Required Metal or Codeshares okay*: As this is an MQD run, I imagine codeshare is actually preferred. Cheap premium cabin on AM and MU (I have China visa) seem to be the best options. I've seen ~$800 on AM to various destinations in South America. 40% of distance flown on AM in biz would net ~$3K MQD for an itinerary around 8,000 miles. Would prefer quick turns and lie-flats but beggers.... :-)

Appreciate the help!
Old Nov 27, 2018, 12:46 pm

Originally Posted by Wheatbackpenny
Available Travel Dates: Anything through EOY, Sat night/Sunday and weekdays preferred
Required Metal or Codeshares okay*: As this is an MQD run, I imagine codeshare is actually preferred. Cheap premium cabin on AM and MU (I have China visa) seem to be the best options. I've seen ~$800 on AM to various destinations in South America. 40% of distance flown on AM in biz would net ~$3K MQD for an itinerary around 8,000 miles. Would prefer quick turns and lie-flats but beggers.... :-)

Appreciate the help!
Sorry to hijack, but this is exactly what I was trying to do. Incredibly stupid question, but how do you actually go about booking a multi leg itinerary on AM? Whenever I look on the website, I can't seem to find a way to force multi-legs on the itinerary, which is what I assume we would want to do?
Old Nov 27, 2018, 12:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jgroll57
Posted before, had some family emergencies come up and I could not make the trip. Appreciate any help provided!

Departure Airport: MSP, but can position to others
Miles Needed: 6,000 MQMs
Required Spend or Budget: Need $1500 MQDs. Would prefer to do this as cheaply as possible (duh)
Available Travel Dates: Anything through EOY, weekdays preferred
Required Metal or Codeshares okay*: Not sure why codeshares wouldn't be ok

I would prefer to have as quick of a turnaround as possible, no issue with staying in the airport or anything. Appreciate all the help!
You can do one-night DL Vacation packages on MSP-PTY for about $840 in C+. Route through JFK/LGA on outbound and it earns about 6136 MQM's and 1,272 MQD's. That only leaves 228 MQD's which should be easy to get.
Old Nov 27, 2018, 12:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Wheatbackpenny

Appreciate the help!
You can do JFK-UIO on AM for about $862 in F. Dec 10 - 12 and other dates.

Last edited by xliioper; Nov 27, 2018 at 1:02 pm
Old Nov 27, 2018, 12:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jgroll57
Sorry to hijack, but this is exactly what I was trying to do. Incredibly stupid question, but how do you actually go about booking a multi leg itinerary on AM? Whenever I look on the website, I can't seem to find a way to force multi-legs on the itinerary, which is what I assume we would want to do?
Not sure what you mean and why you are trying to "force legs". You can't just add random legs to an itin and expect it to fare out. The routing has to be allowed and there must be bucket inventory. Just stick to roundtrip searches. See JFK-UIO itin mentioned above.
Old Nov 27, 2018, 1:13 pm

There is a multi-city search on the AM website. Maybe I'm not understanding the question.
Old Nov 27, 2018, 1:17 pm

Originally Posted by LBJ
You can do JFK-UIO on AM for about $862 in F. Dec 10 - 12 and other dates.
Yup. Thanks. Found those. Those are the ones I alluded to in my request. All on 737s and times aren't great. Was hoping for at least 2 legs on 787. Might just have to bite on one of those if I can't find anything else.
Really appreciate the help and the quick response.
Old Nov 27, 2018, 1:28 pm

Originally Posted by LBJ
Not sure what you mean and why you are trying to "force legs". You can't just add random legs to an itin and expect it to fare out. The routing has to be allowed and there must be bucket inventory. Just stick to roundtrip searches. See JFK-UIO itin mentioned above.
Ha, looking back it appears that you are the one who answered my question the first time. You said this:

If you reposition to ORD, AM has business class from ORD-CUN for as low as around $700 RT. Routing through MEX will earn around 2000 MQD's. For example, ORD-DTW-MEX-CUN-MEX-ORD is available for $725 on AM for 12/6 - 12/8.

I have no idea how to get that routing to actually show up. Do I just look for ORD-CUN round trip and that might show up (fully understanding that it's 3 weeks past when you originally said that, but I'm asking theoretically if that's how it would be done).
Old Nov 27, 2018, 1:29 pm

Originally Posted by LBJ
You can do one-night DL Vacation packages on MSP-PTY for about $840 in C+. Route through JFK/LGA on outbound and it earns about 6136 MQM's and 1,272 MQD's. That only leaves 228 MQD's which should be easy to get.
Thank you! Is there something unique with DL Vacation packages and how they earn MQDs or MQMs? How do I actually go about routing through JFK/LGA? Just pick the itinerary that has that as a stop? Apologies for the stupid questions, most of my travel has always been nonstop.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.