Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

Need to MR for 12k AA miles by the end of the year

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 14, 2015, 7:24 am
Original Poster

Programs: American AAdvantage ExecPlat, Former DL Skymiles Diamond (MM), Marriott Lifetime Platinum

I need approx 12k miles before Dec 31st. Any idea what might be a good run? (Starting in Atlanta on AA). Going to HNL seems to leave me a few miles short. Same with LHR.

I wouldn't normally bother, but this close it's worth making an effort.
Old Dec 14, 2015, 7:30 am

Programs: AA PLT, SPG Gold
Google flights.
Old Dec 14, 2015, 8:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
There is a mileage run forum on FT. There is also a master thread in this forum: 'Need x,xxx miles by year-end' kind of thing.
Old Dec 14, 2015, 9:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond, National Emerald Executive, TSA Disparager Gold
Originally Posted by ellis01
I need approx 12k miles before Dec 31st. Any idea what might be a good run? (Starting in Atlanta on AA). Going to HNL seems to leave me a few miles short. Same with LHR.

I wouldn't normally bother, but this close it's worth making an effort.
You can cash in on some good I/P fares between the west coast and SJU. Might have to ferry yourself to SJU. Maybe do something along the lines of ATL-CLT-SJU-JFK-SEA-MIA-SJU-CLT-ATL or something along those lines.

Or check out something like ATL-JFK-SFO and back in C/F. If done right, that could get you there too, if that routing exists.
Old Dec 14, 2015, 10:38 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Signatures

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, National Exec, AA EXP Emeritus
I'm going to shift this thread over to the Mileage Run Discussion forum, and correct the ambiguous thread title.

~Microwave
AAdvantage forum co-moderator
Old Dec 14, 2015, 3:00 pm

Programs: AA EXP/Exec Citi, NZ* G, Nat EE, Avis PP, HH Gold
You might have a look at going to SJU, then ANC, and back.

Should work out to something like ATL-MIA-SJU-MIA-PHX-ANC-PHX-MIA-SJU-MIA-ATL. That would net you 14k EQM.

Without knowing your date availability and such though, I'm not going to waste time guessing and giving you a whole lot of links with pricing. Maybe provide a bit more info. Travel dates, weekends, thoughts on stopovers, etc.

Here is one option though if you don't mind traveling over Christmas.
http://goo.gl/flights/kY2Q $977 12,186 EQM (including 500 mile min)
ATL-DFW-MIA-MCO-PHX-ANC-PHX-TPA-MIA-ATL

Last edited by corncob; Dec 14, 2015 at 3:14 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.