Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

AA MR from ORD. Need 8900 Qualifying Points

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 14, 2015, 6:06 am
Original Poster

I know it's short notice, but my buddy is tired of not being an EXP with me and is asking if there is any way to do a Mileage Run for 8900 points. I thought I would turn to you all and see if there were any suggestions.

I showed him that he could do the AA 'Boost' for $1800, but he wanted to know if there were any cheaper options.

https://www.aa.com/i18n/urls/elitere...ryId=undefined

He can go any day, has a Chinese Visa (if that helps) and is willing to fly in Y. Only thing is it must be out of ORD.

Thanks so much for any help you all can offer!
Old Dec 14, 2015, 6:48 am
Original Poster

Found ORD-MIA-SJU-MIA-ORD for $820 in A and I (so 2x Points) on Dec 22. Should net him 8968 Points (if I did my math right). Yeah!
Old Dec 14, 2015, 8:33 am

Programs: AS, AA Gold, and Hilton
Originally Posted by WhatTheMiguel
Found ORD-MIA-SJU-MIA-ORD for $820 in A and I (so 2x Points) on Dec 22. Should net him 8968 Points (if I did my math right). Yeah!
Good find, did you see it on ita or AA website. Also was it a same day return or next day?
I was able to find a departure from ord on 12/22 and return on 12/23 for $740 in 1st class and business on AA site. Thanks

Last edited by jjmiller69; Dec 14, 2015 at 8:44 am
Old Dec 14, 2015, 10:10 am
Original Poster

It was on AA.com for $820 in First/Business for a same-day return on the 23rd.
Old Dec 14, 2015, 3:28 pm

Programs: AA EXP/Exec Citi, NZ* G, Nat EE, Avis PP, HH Gold
Same day return is available for about 10 dates for the rest of the year, for $750-850.

If he wants to take a vacation, or wants to head to a different destination, Aruba (AUA) has same-day flights for $850ish. And it's lie-flat Biz on the 4 hour flight CLT-AUA.
http://goo.gl/flights/DXrx
If you want to change the dates on that, keep the multi-city routing and just move the dates, as it forces the route through CLT 90% of the time. MIA-AUA isn't lie-flat.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.