Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

UA Need 15K to make 1K from LAX

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 3, 2015, 3:10 am
Original Poster

Apologies, first-time poster. I have met the PQD but need roughly 15K to make 1K -- any suggestions out of LAX or SNA (or anywhere else in So Cal)? Is it worthwhile or is it too much hassle for not that much gain above Platinum? Thank you!
Old Dec 3, 2015, 9:05 am

Programs: UA Silver, AA Platinum, AS & DL GM Marriott TE, Hilton Gold
Welcome to FT seema76.

Personally I was not impressed with 1K over Platinum, and had I kept flying UA I could not have aimed for 1K again. Depending on the route you fly platinum may be enough for a regular UG but then again if you are flying a lot of international flights those GPU's can be nice.....if you can use them. For more on 1K's value I'd check out this thread: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...th-2015-a.html

Regarding a MR...if you chose to do it take a look at:

LAX-NRT-SIN-HKG-SFO-LAX. There are a few dates available this week and next in the low $800's all on UA metal so you'll have plenty of miles. I know PEK is cheaper but it will require a visa, and will not get you enough miles unless you route through NYC or something creative.

Good luck
Old Dec 3, 2015, 9:47 am

Programs: UA Silver / FA
Originally Posted by Madone59

LAX-NRT-SIN-HKG-SFO-LAX. There are a few dates available this week and next in the low $800's all on UA metal so you'll have plenty of miles. I know PEK is cheaper but it will require a visa, and will not get you enough miles unless you route through NYC or something creative.

Good luck
I was 99.9% ready to see you pushing BAH again.. lol. Someone will bite before it's gone..

PEK can work if you route through TYO/KIX/HKG one way, didn't look but seen it done. It can hurt the cpm if booked with NH.

The UA forum is getting more and more angry about the usability of GPUs, or lack thereof. So, the value of those may be dropping a little, YMMV. My only experience with a GPU was a good one as my father gifted one down this year.
Old Dec 3, 2015, 9:53 am

Programs: UA Silver, AA Platinum, AS & DL GM Marriott TE, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Tblack15
I was 99.9% ready to see you pushing BAH again.. lol. Someone will bite before it's gone..
Hahahah. I had used it about 6 minutes earlier: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/milea...-gold-iah.html
Old Dec 4, 2015, 6:56 pm
Original Poster

Thanks so much for all the advice! Am still pondering if it's worth it, but in the meantime, a dumb question -- I am trying to search some of those routes above for later in December through the United website. It is impossible. Is it easier to use Kayak or something or is there some special secret? Thanks all!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.